Xbox Live ARCADE Games... definitive thread

Space Giraffe hurts, but it's a good hurt. Not past level 5 yet but for 400 points it's a bargain.

+1

On my first try after playing the tutorial I played it Tempest style even though I tried hard not to (hardwired in my brain it seems).

Didn't have much time yesterday, but after 4 rounds I'm up to level 13 or something.

I can see it's pretty confusing and hard for casual players (and certain reviewers) though. You really have to learn how to play it.

Bottom line: for me it has that 'one more try' factor, so it's all good. :)

i know it might sound little crazy but space giraffe might be my favorite 360 game so far. beneath its overwhelmingly trippy visuals and decievingly simple looking gameplay there is amazing experience where every single level is masterfully desinged. with this game mr. minter constantly pushes you to "see" more, "study" more and "experiment " more. excellent job mr. yak!

According to Gamerscore Blog, Cyberball 2072 and Fatal Fury Special are coming next week.

Also, this weekend they are running a 50% off special on Zuma Deluxe, Small Arms, Gauntlet and Dig Dug. Basically you can get all for 4 of them for $15(1200 MS Points). It's only good for 1 day (12am GMT Sep 2 - 12am GMT Sep 3).

Tommy McClain

According to Gamerscore Blog, Cyberball 2072 and Fatal Fury Special are coming next week.

Also, this weekend they are running a 50% off special on Zuma Deluxe, Small Arms, Gauntlet and Dig Dug. Basically you can get all for 4 of them for $15(1200 MS Points). It's only good for 1 day (12am GMT Sep 2 - 12am GMT Sep 3).

Tommy McClain

really good idea and I hope they do it for all releases over time.... might make me try some that I wouldn't pay 800 points for otherwise :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
really good idea and I hope they do it for all releases over time.... might make me try some that I wouldn't pay 800 points for otherwise :cool:

Agreed. I'm thinking of getting all 4 titles now. One of the big suggestions that was sent in awhile back for the big official wish-list was Platinum Hits-type bundles for Arcade titles. It would be great if they did something like that instead of this one-time deal, because some games over time will never sell at their original asking price. Oh well, at least it looks like Microsoft is willing to budge on price. Maybe this is just to test the waters for something coming up?

Tommy McClain

Either I messed up or Gamerscore Blog messed up, but according to Major Nelson the special is for 48 hours. It starts midnight GMT Saturday night and goes to Midnight GMT Monday night. Sorry for the confusion.

Tommy McClain

There is a new promotion by Microsoft, with which you can get two XBLA games for free (I'm wondering what are those games because I already purchased 11 XBLA games)

https://reg.msgamestudios.com/default.aspx?site=xbox360design&locale=e_n-us&lc=1033

You need to fill:

1. Your personal data (for that I mean your Hotmail account data)

2. The Campaing Code: XBX0807

3. Serial Number of your console

Thanks to Fenix for the link.

PS: I didn't register yet but it sounds interesting.

I love the games this week: Streets of Rage is of course pure gold, brings back memories from the Genesis days. And Puzzle Fighter is way too addicting as well.

Hope they have more weeks like this!

Arcade: Cyberball 2072

Content: Cyberball 2072
Price: 400 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE) MILD VIOLENCE] Single Player, Live Multiplayer 1-2, HD (High Definition). Rediscover the arcade classic game CYBERBALL 2072 on Xbox Live. Call the plays that will get your robotic team down field to a touchdown to win. But keep your eye on the ball to make sure it doesn't go critical before you can score. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Arcade: FATAL FURY SPECIAL

Content: FATAL FURY SPECIAL
Price: 400 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Korea
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (TEEN) Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence] Single Player, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 1-2, Local Multiplayer 1-2, HD (High Definition). The Grandmother of all Battles. Terry, Andy, and Joe with 12 of the toughest titans of fighting art are here for you! There are no refunds for this item.

Track & Field:

Holy crap. This has taken over the new Arcade Party game at my house. Everyone loves it. It does full justice to the original and thank GOODNESS for the updated grafx. Haha, its fun to switch back and forth.

I also very much enjoy E4, but I can also see why people says it's pointless (as the unlimited mode truly be played for an unlimited amount of time ;)). It probably also helps that I never played the PSP version... ^_^

Any impressions on EXIT yet?

Back