Xbox Live ARCADE Games... definitive thread

i have just realized that wikipedia has a list of upcoming xbxla games, here is the link and here is the list.

Action Arcade
Aegis Wing Carbonated Games May 16, 2007
Battlestar Galactica Vivendi Games Sept 2007
Castle Crashers The Behemoth 2008,
Every Extend Extra Extreme ("E4") Q Entertainment August 2007
Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm Stainless Games Fall 2007 T
HoopWorld Streamline Studios 2007
Ikaruga Treasure 2007
Megaforce Vivendi Games 2007
Mutant Storm Empire PomPom Games 2007
N+ Metanet/Klei Entertainment Inc. Q3 2007
Prince of Persia Classic Gameloft/Ubisoft 2007
Rocketmen: Axis Of Evil Capcom Summer 2007
Schizoid Torpex Games 2007
Space Giraffe Llamasoft 2007
Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe Empire Interactive Summer 2007
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts Capcom TBA
Toy Wars ZootFly TBA
Undertow Chair Entertainment 2007
War World Third Wave Games Mid 2007
Wing Commander Arena EA Games/Gaia Industries Summer 2007

Bar Sports
RocketBowl LargeAnimal / 21-6

Card and Board
Alhambra Vivendi Games 2007
Carcassonne Sierra Online June 2007
Puerto Rico TBA TBA TBA Rumored
Soltrio Solitaire Silver Creek May 16, 2007
Spyglass Board Games Freeverse Software Summer 2007
Talisman Capcom Q4 2007

Coin-Op Classics
Asteroids/Asteroids Deluxe Stainless Games/Atari 2007
Bomberman LIVE Backbone Entertainment/Hudson Summer 2007
Battlezone Stainless Games/Atari 2007
Discs of Tron Disney Interactive 2007
Fatal Fury Special SNK Playmore TBA
Incredible Machine Vivendi Games 2007
Missile Command Stainless Games/Atari 2007
Metal Slug SNK Playmore TBA
Red Baron Vivendi Games
Rush'n Attack Konami 2007
Sensible World of Soccer Codemasters Summer 2007
Sonic the Hedgehog: High Speed Sega 2007

bolded ones are the ones that are on my "must buy" list.

well i finally downloaded and played couple of hours of aegis wing and i must say it's really really good for a free game that was done by three students during a summer internship at xbla. of course it still doesn't hold a candle to great 2d side scrolling shooters like raiden but still it's respectable little arcade game that delivers fun (for a fee of 0$).

Top Arcade Titles by LIVE play (Full Versions)
1 Double Dragon
2 Catan
3 Pinball FX
4 3D Ultraâ„¢ Minigolf Adventures
5 TMNT 1989 Arcade
6 Soltrio Solitaire
7 Worms
8 UNO
9 Castlevania: SOTN
10 Centipede & Millipede

Band of Bugs, in typical NinjaBee fashion, pushes the boundaries of Xbox Live Arcade.

Chief among their challenges and innovations in Band of Bugs was allowing user created maps into online multiplayer matches. BoB will be the first XBLA title to allow this.

Also, once I create a map it is stamped with my gamertag. So, if I trade my map to someone and they trade it to someone else, the map will always remember that I was the original creator. Hopefully that will encourage people to message the creator of a fun map with a “Thanksâ€￾ or even a “Got anymore cool maps I can have?â€￾ message.

http://www.xblarcade.com/node/613

Mad Tracks looks like a Micro Machines clone. However, I am sooooo there! :D

early impressions

Mad Tracks
I've tried the PC version of this a couple of times, so I knew basically what to expect. The game has certainly made the jump to the 360 with grace. Playing a four player split screen race is certainly going to be worth the 800 points alone. Add the fact that this game will support multiplayer over Xbox Live, and it becomes a must get title. If you don't have this on your day one purchase list, stop reading this right now and get yourself a pen.
An interesting thing to note is that I was able to give this game a go with the Microsoft Wheel. While it does work with it, and provide some resistance to turns, there is no feedback provided when slamming into walls. While some people there had issues with how sensitive the control with the wheel is, with a little practice you should be fine.

i downloaded and eventually bought mad tracks(damnn you ms for making game purchases sooo easy:cry: ) here are my impressions:

graphics are what you'd expect: mm style cartoony colorful graphics nicely adapted into a clean, simple(some might call it bland) 3d world, i'm put off by some of the color palette choices but it's just a little annoyance and overall graphics gets the job done quite nicely (for a xbla game mind you)

gameplay is ok, handling is simple(don't expect mario kart style depth here), power-ups/battle mechanics are nothing to write home about.

i could not explore all the gameplay modes but it seems like there are sufficient number of them, track designs that i have seen varies from "meh" to awesome, multi-player game,as expected, delivers simple good party game style fun.

i feel like 800 ms points is just too much for this game, 400ms points would be more suitable...hmm that's about it for now, for anyone who wants to go against my amazing micro machines style racing skills, xbl gamertag is "nufaust", send me an invite ";)

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't find any info on this in this thread so I decided to post it myself..

I haven't had the chance to purchase any XBLA titles yet but I can be sure that when this one comes out I'll DEFINITELY be picking it up..:-

SUPER STREET FIGHTER II TURBO HD REMIX

Apparently it's using the same code as the original but they're giving the game a whole new look, with Udon Entertainment (the company who did the street fighter comics) working on completely redrawing all the assets to give the game a brand new, updated, HD look..

If the sprites end up anything like the image over on IGN then I'm already jumping off my bones waiting for this!

:D :D :D

attention attention, the new packman rocks!
i repeat pacman :championship edition rocks!
yes the price is litlle bit steep(800ms points) , especially if you have already bought any of the earlier pacman releases but still, imho this game provides one of the best xbla experiences out there (my other top contenders being geo wars and luminees live),
even if you never ever played or liked the classic pacman game, check out a video of the game(like the one pipo posted) and/or download the trial, you won't be dissapointed!

Man I never thought I would ever want to play pac man again and I bought championship after playing the demo. Simply put, it is F'ing awesome! I't new yet a throw back to when I was a kid. Man i think this game will catch on like wildfire...

Back