Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 – Core in white

eastmen

Legend
Supporter

So MS has released a new Elite Series 2 controller , it drops some accessories like the charging case and interchangeable thumb sticks

Is the Dpad any good for fighting games though?
Not a single XBOX controller felt right

I'm not great at fighting games out of street fighter 2 and power stone but the d pad feels pretty good to me. Reminds me of the genesis controller

Interesting. I couldn't live without the interchangeable thumbsticks on my Elite 1 nor the paddles.

Also, still no easily accessible battery bay? Bleh. Never, ever, buying anything with a built in battery again if I can help it. If I do, it has to be extremely easy to swap between batteries. Sucks that there are so many devices now that don't allow for easily swappable batteries.

The D-pad was excellant on the Elite 1, I'd expect the Elite 2 should be just as good.

Regards,
SB

While I'd prefer to have easy user-servicable batteries on everything, going off user reports on the Elite V2, the battery is not a concern even after thousands of hours and 34 months of use. You can replace the battery packs on the Elite V2, it just takes more effort.

It's the bumpers you have to worry about.

There are plenty of exceptional third party paddles and stick accessories around $10-$20 for the controllers.

If anyone does buy an Elite controller or even the PlayStation Edge, do so at a Brick-and-Mortar place that has exceptional replacement policies. Costco is one such place. They consider the controller a toy and thus has a lifetime replacement policy on them. Should they show signs of something not being right, you return it for your money back. You can then use that towards a replacement controller. I know of multiple gamers who have done this with nothing but positive experiences.

I see they also added the Elite Controller to the Design Labs section. While this isn't for me, I can see many doing custom designs to get their desired look.

They just can't do membrane type d-pad :(. Is it really that hard to understand, they can try it on dualsense, why they insist on that clicky thing...
It is servicable for menu navigation and secondary functions only, but for genres that are actually better on dpad, it is useless.

Even if it worked well, it would be a terrible experience with that clicking.

It'd be cool if we get the same degree of customizability with the Elite controller as we get for the normal controller. The footage I've seen thus far only showed different colours for the plastic shell of the controller. Depending on the improved build quality I might finally replace my Elite v1 with a custom v2.

I still find it a shame though that the Elite V2 doesn't have the same easily swappable battery that the standard and Elite v1 controller have.

It'd be cool if we get the same degree of customizability with the Elite controller as we get for the normal controller. The footage I've seen thus far only showed different colours for the plastic shell of the controller. Depending on the improved build quality I might finally replace my Elite v1 with a custom v2.

I still find it a shame though that the Elite V2 doesn't have the same easily swappable battery that the standard and Elite v1 controller have.

Yes I miss the AA batteries. I kinda want a controller with hal sensor sticks.

Pack those in with industrial metal internals for all mechanical parts and I'll be throwing my money at it!
Yeah, it's perplexing when you see something with a good mechanical construction except for the odd choice of plastic at points of failure. Metal isn't always a good substitute where a marginal degree of give is required, carbon materials are. That might make it a little more expensive but if you're going premium anyway, I'd wager most would be willing to pay just a little more for something that will last ten years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Elite Series 2. I have been one of the lucky ones to get a unit that doesn't have any issues, as I know many people have complained about issues with the A button sticking or not registering, among other things. Mine has been perfect since I got it.

I'm definitely down for grabbing one of these new CORE controllers as well.

Back