xbox 360, the huge quality difference, why?

I think its funny the Nintendo and Sony fanboys have 2 reactions to the Xbxo360 games.

1. IF THE GAME LOOKS BAD: "See I told you xbox1.5 suxors... and M$ is gonna be pwned by ps3 and MaRiO!!!!!!!!"

or

2. IF THE GAME LOOKS GOOD "that has to be prerendered cgi"

halarious how some people wear a company like a badge.

Pozer said:
I think its funny the Nintendo and Sony fanboys have 2 reactions to the Xbxo360 games.

1. IF THE GAME LOOKS BAD: "See I told you xbox1.5 suxors... and M$ is gonna be pwned by ps3 and MaRiO!!!!!!!!"

or

2. IF THE GAME LOOKS GOOD "that has to be prerendered cgi"

halarious how some people wear a company like a badge.

Yeah. Its pretty sad.

OH and i still remember when people saw Mgs2 and said "Impossible, thats not realtime" :LOL:

These arguments come from all sides. PS2 comes in for as much grief as XB and GC. Why people can't just accept good/bad visuals for what they are, instead of where they come from...?

McFly said:
Thing is, much of what was shown was cgi as was stated by the devs themself.

Fredi

Fredi,

But Pozer is right. For example, even on B3D people were claiming Gears of War was CGI. It HAD to be... only for IGN to reviel they saw it first hand and that it was in fact real time.

Some of the other great looking titles (Condemned, GR3, NBA 2K6) we also stated to be real time and not CGI. So 4 of the best looking games were not CGI, so I am not sure the point of knocking the ones that were.

Madden was an "artists impression" we know that (EA is ironically promising even better). I had not heard one way or another on PGR3, but the there are screenshots out that look just like the video. Darkness is obviously has no gameplay footage and NNN was CGI.

What else of relevance was CGI? So out of the 8 best looking titles, 3 were CGI (1 does not even depict gameplay), 4 are real, and 1 is unknown.

But we still have people calling some of the real game footage CGI. Some want to believe too much... others want to believe anything bad. Welcome to the internet.

Acert93 said:
But Pozer is right. For example, even on B3D people were claiming Gears of War was CGI. It HAD to be... only for IGN to reviel they saw it first hand and that it was in fact real time.

I was pretty sure GOW was not CGI as the Unreal Engine GDC demonstration was very similar. However, in a world where MS says on a dev slide that the CPU alone has 1TFlops, in such a marketing dominated world I don't trust anything without thinking twice about it and even than I never 100% trust any screenshots and vids anymore till I've played the game on my own. I have seen so called ingame screens this gen that look almost identical to xbox 360 screenshots because they extremly enhanced the xbox shots.

Fredi

Why would GOW have to be CGI? :LOL:

It's running on the UE3 using virtual displacement mapping and normal mapping from source art that comprises of millions of polygons. Why would Xbox360 developers licence UE3 if they won't have games using it? :LOL:

As far as the massive crowds are concerned. This has already been demonstrated with ATI demos and an actual game in the form of Heavenly Sword. Who cares if the actual footage shown was CGI when the actual hardware could render the same thing? :LOL:

Some people are just afraid that maybe Xbox360 is in fact this powerful and are scrambling to find excuses to convince themselves that it's not capable of these kinds of visuals. ;) :LOL:

All systems have huge quality differences in their games, especially at launch...for example not all PS2 games look nearly as good as FF12, not all Gamecube games look nearly as good as the new Zelda, etcetera.

BOOMEXPLODE said:
All systems have huge quality differences in their games, especially at launch...for example not all PS2 games look nearly as good as FF12, not all Gamecube games look nearly as good as the new Zelda, etcetera.

True. I think the difference between a bad looking game and a great looking game are gonna be alot bigger next gen. Casue these new systems will be able to show the output of 100 person art department... if you can afford one.

Back