Xbox 360 50 Euro price cut March 14

This is useless aswell, unless you have the exact same demographic of people using the sites in both countries (and it should preferably have the same % of console buyers using the sites). They dont. Amazon is far from the biggest online store in the UK, aspecially for video games, i dont know how popular Amazon is in the states, but im sure its significantly more popular. Thus, any comparison from amazon-to-amazon will not give you any statistically relevant infromation, because the numbers are shewd to begin with.
You sound like I tried to compare Amazon UK with other country's Amazon, which is not what I wrote. Of course it's Amazon UK vs Amazon UK in different time periods. Especially when the thread discussion was about momentum due to a price cut. You should just keep it at information that is local to Amazon UK and not something bigger, which I thought self-evident, but seems not for some people.

Besides, NPD is not covering all of stores and has no access to Walmart. It's just a matter of sampling and statistics.

Gosh, with sources like Amazon's popularity poll and VGChartz, we're all wonderfully kept in the know. The joy of the Information Age!

The Xbox 360 is on course to record 2 million sales in the UK next week, according to Chart-Track.

The Xbox 360 launched in the UK in December 2005 and reached 1 million sales after 60 weeks. Sony announced that PlayStation 3, which launched in the UK last March, had sold through 1 million units by February of this year. According to Microsoft, the Xbox 360 has sold around 18 million units worldwide since launch.

After a further leap over the Easter weekend, Bloch said sales dropped by 11 per cent for week 13, while PS3 enjoyed a jump of 14 per cent, coinciding with the launch of the heavily advertised Gran Turismo 5: Prologue hardware bundle.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/xbox-360-to-hit-2m-in-uk--next-week-

As a matter of fact I did, but the last sentence I used in the quote more or less says the same thing, doesn't it?

But, if you want perspective...

"The Xbox 360 is extremely well liked in the UK and very strong," added Bloch. "Sony has a long way to go to overtake it in the UK."

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
As a matter of fact I did, but the last sentence I used in the quote more or less says the same thing, doesn't it?
Same what thing?
I was talking about relative sales of consoles. Since your quote only gives info about individual changes after easter, one needs a basis to compare them to each other.

Back