X360-Maybe the best launch line-up ever?

Ugg the trolls in this thread are sick.

Why does it matter if it's a cross platform PC-game when the hardware to play the PC game is thousands of dollars? By definition only 2 are ports.

Get a grip on reality. These are launch titles for a $400 console will look superior to a multi-thousand dollar gaming rig.

" Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, NBA 2K6, Madden 06, Dead Rising, Condemed, Quake IV, Tiger Woods 06,Need for Speed are Multiplatform which also come out on PC in parallel."

This comment is so ridiculous I don't know whether to respond or just laugh....I'll just laugh :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Nemo, hate ti break it to you, but 80% of the PS3 launch titles will be XBOX360 'ports'....I know..it's rough...but it'll be ok

scatteh316 said:
Its a PC game engine, levels, etc etc

The ENTIRE game is being PORTED to another platform

is coming out at the same time... and you don't have any inside info so you're just speculating.. still with your logic, every multiplatform game is always a port.

scooby_dooby said:
Get a grip on reality. These are launch titles for a $400 console will look superior to a multi-thousand dollar gaming rig.

That comment is just plain WRONG. regardless of what the devs say.

A PC with :

SLI'D 7800GTX's
2GIG of RAM
And a top flight AMD

will have better textures, better filtering, better resolution, better FSAA implemented, a possibility of better HDR.

But as you said that rig would cost thousands, but it WOULD look better than the 360 version.

It's a game designed from day one for the next gen game console, just because they didn't know specs didn't mean they couldn't develop the game.

The controls are designed for a console not hacked from the PC like morrowind, what's that tell you?

The X360 version is the version with best quality. According to Bethesda PC's can not beat it, only match it. What's that tell you?

Your logic is completely flawed, if it was a PC game it would come out on the PC first, which it's not. In addition, the graphics would look better on a top end PC than the console version, which they do not.

Give it up, and quit trolling this thread so people can discuss the wide variety of cool launch titles for teh XBOX360. Don't try and piss on everyone's parade cause you've decided to wait an entire year before getting a next gen console. Not our problem.

valioso said:
is coming out at the same time... and you don't have any inside info so you're just speculating.. still with your logic, every multiplatform game is always a port.

So its using a PC developed game engine, levels and game data that was developed on a PC, but its not a port??

ROFFL

scatteh316 said:
But as you said that rig would cost thousands, but it WOULD look better than the 360 version.

No it wouldn't. I'll believe Bethesda over some random internet sony lover.

Why would anyone be so loyal to a CORPORATION???

Leave troll.

scatteh316 said:
So its using a PC developed game engine, levels and game data that was developed on a PC, but its not a port??

ROFFL

Didn't the developer themselves say that they are building the game from the ground up for the 360, and that the 360 version will be the best version available at launch.

And no a port, would be if the pc game came out 6 months ago.. but it didnt, they are coming at the same time, therefore is a multiplatform game, unless you consider all multiplatform games ports.

I think it is a great line up for a console... Who cares if some of them are ports... The only games I prefer to play on my computer anymore are fps..
Kameo looks amazing..
PGR3 does too, dont know for sure if it is a launch title...
PDZ could be a monster hit... Dont know for sure if it is a day one launch title yet either

Actually Very few have been confirmed day one titles yet.. We will know this week though..

Bethesda has said oblivion will be awsum and you will need the highest end computer to pull off what the 360's version does..

scatteh316 said:
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has been under development for well over three years as a next-generation title for PC and Xbox 360. While Bethesda has only recently transferred the game over to Microsoft’s new system, the jump in power to Xbox 360 has made the port from PC nearly flawless.

1. NOTE the 3 years development time, hence the game engine and levels are PORTED onto the 360
2. NOTE that the game has been in development for 3 years, way before 360 was ever revealed, Hence they could not create an 360 specific engine because they knew nothing about the harware 360 contain.
Fair enough--good quote. :)

.Sis

valioso said:
Didn't the developer themselves say that they are building the game from the ground up for the 360, and that the 360 version will be the best version available at launch.

And no a port, would be if the pc game came out 6 months ago.. but it didnt, they are coming at the same time, therefore is a multiplatform game, unless you consider all multiplatform games ports.

See the post above this 1

scooby_dooby said:
No it wouldn't. I'll believe Bethesda over some random internet sony lover.

Why would anyone be so loyal to a CORPORATION???

Leave troll.

Denying that system playing oblivion would still be inferrio to the 360 versionr is just plain wrong.

De-railed :???:

Anyhow, if the X360 version of Oblivion is running at MAX SETTINGS that are selectable in the PC options (Bethesda claims) and the assests are the same the only thing a $4000 Rig will get you is better FPS, possibly better resolution (depending on performance), and more AA AF options, right?

If the X360 version runs a 30+ FPS I would hardly call it a port. Plus as was mentioned if they simultaneously release and share all assests how is it a port?

scatteh316 said:
What was weird about what i said about PDZ???

I think it'll be like killzone. Hyped to hell then play like crap and flop.

whats so hard to understand about that????????????????????

What do you base that though of yours on?, I think that comment of yours sounds biased and is very close to trolling. Why do you think it plays like crap?.

Qroach said:
Oblivion - PC port
Call of Duty 2 - PC port
NBA 2K6 - never has appeared on PC and this version was made for xbox 360.
Madden 06 -This version was made for xbox 360 and next gen consoles, it's not a PC port.
Dead Rising - Not a PC port. developed for console with a possible pC port later.
Condemed - PC port
Quake IV - I think console is the lead sku on this game. They will release a PC version afterwards.
Tiger Woods 06 - The version for xbox 360 is different then the version released for PC.
Need for Speed - xbox 360 is the lead sku on this game.

so you're not correct in your assumptions. you might have 4 solid PC ports out of that bunch. The rest you are stretching for.
Q, where do you see that the PC will lead the Condemned effort? The Xbox 360 version--according to IGN--has a Nov '05 release date whereas the PC version has a TBA.

.Sis

Dr Evil said:
Why do you think it plays like crap?.

I never said it plays like crap, i said i can see it playing like crap when its released.

Whats the matter with this place???

i express my personal opinion / view and get flamed for it??? what gives????

scatteh316 said:
1. NOTE the 3 years development time, hence the game engine and levels are PORTED onto the 360
2. NOTE that the game has been in development for 3 years, way before 360 was ever revealed, Hence they could not create an 360 specific engine because they knew nothing about the harware 360 contain.

But they knew the exact specs of all todays current hardware on the PC side? It sounds to me like they made an engine and its art assets for all future hardware.

I am pretty sure this game wasn't being built with a 9700 Pro in mind.

Master-Mold said:
But they knew the exact specs of all todays current hardware on the PC side? It sounds to me like they made an engine and its art assets for all future hardware.

I am pretty sure this game wasn't being built with a 9700 Pro in mind.

Im not gonna argue no more as its pointelss.

So yes its not a port

Since I am too lazy to look it up, what is, in terms of gamimg, the definition of a port?

As far as I am concerned, it means a game built from the ground up with one platform in mind, later (after release) having its assets (game engine) moved to another platform of lesser capability. This usually leads to the port being of lesser quality than the original. An example of this would be Morrowind for Xbox, in which case, the controls and graphics were not as good as the PC counterpart.

Holt

Back