X06: Which Announcement Will Have the Greatest Impact?

What announcement at X06 will carry the most weight for MS?

• Creation of a close relationship with Peter Jackson.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Halo games, and lot's of 'em!

Votes: 37 44.0%
  • GTA IV exclusive content

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • PGR4 unveiling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Banjo Kazooie

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Bioshock MS platform exclusive

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Splinter Cell: DA exclusive

• HD-DVD@200; includes remote and film (King Kong)

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Further build-out of Live Arcade

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 'Live Anywhere' and its arrival

• Total voters
Yes you did. ;)

Ok how about this... fans of the 'stealth' genre consider them comparable; fans of Kojima's storyline do not. I just believe that at this point in the series history, most MGS fans, whather a part of the former group or not, are more likely also a part of the later.

Ok, well for what it's worth I asked my buddy Anthony, a fairly hardcore MGS lover, and not a fan of SC, what he like mainly about MGS, he said:

reason why i liked it is b/c of how realistic it was the fact of sneaking and holding back from using your gun etc. the story is a plus b/c i want to know the history of the characters and the background on snake, i like the style of it, the game play.

You know, a standard optical drive with a usb connector, how can it NOT be compatible? If it doesnt work, they went out of their way to make it so...

It all depends if Microsoft is subsidizing the cost of the player. At $200, a remote and a movie, I doubt they're making much if any profit on it. Plus, if they start supporting it on Windows, then there's all the headaches of writing device drivers and having to support a variety of systems, graphics cards and other peripherals. A lot less headaches only supporting one platform that doesn't change.

Tommy McClain

Back