Guild Wars 2: A Different Kind of MMO

It runs great for me I use driver 306.02 with a i5-3550 and GTX670. The game is also installed on an Intel 330 series SSD. Don't know if that would make much difference.

I had older beta drivers :( I didn't know there was another release. I grabbed the latest ones and it resolved my issue. I'm sitting on a solid 60 FPS, now.

Hey what server are you on? My brother and I are on "Tarnished Coast" at least I think that's what it's called. We're not married to it or anything it was chosen at random since we don't have any other friends who play.

BTW Dresden obviously I built a new computer. Not quite as ubercharged as yours but it gets the job done and then some :)

Hey what server are you on? My brother and I are on "Tarnished Coast" at least I think that's what it's called. We're not married to it or anything it was chosen at random since we don't have any other friends who play.

BTW Dresden obviously I built a new computer. Not quite as ubercharged as yours but it gets the job done and then some :)

I'm on Borlis Pass with a few friends. My username is Dresden.4097, so feel free to add me :) I just turned 29 last night on my Warrior after some extensive crafting/discovery. Most of my gear is Masterwork, which isn't bad for my level.

I remember you telling me about your new setup over Steam. How's that 670 treating you? I'm jelly. GW2 is the first game to actually push my 580 SLI.

Masterwork items are almost all in the 50 cp range on the trading post, that's a single death repair cost in WvWvW ... no reason not to wear masterwork at level 30.

Hell, it might be cheaper to just buy new shit than repair anything.

Hmmm ... wish they didn't have target calling in WvWvW ... don't see why you would want to make assist training easier.

Dresden I was able to change to Borlis Pass for free. Sweet!

I'll bring my brother over too. We're only like level 15 but by the end of this weekend I hope to double that :devilish:
BTW my name is homerdog.6871 but my character shows up as Homerless. I think the character name is not tied to the account name. As you can tell I really spent a lot of time with the manual.

Which brings me to another point. I don't know any of the MMORPG lingo. People typing random acronyms into the chat and I don't know what to do so I break out some dance moves. I break out dance moves when I'm nervous.

How's that 670 treating you? I'm jelly. GW2 is the first game to actually push my 580 SLI.

Forgot to respond to that. The card is amazing. I probably won't replace it until I'm in my thirties (I'm 25 now), since I can comfortably assume that it is well more powerful than the next gen consoles will be. Ditto for the CPU. I'm set :)

Forgot to respond to that. The card is amazing. I probably won't replace it until I'm in my thirties (I'm 25 now), since I can comfortably assume that it is well more powerful than the next gen consoles will be. Ditto for the CPU. I'm set :)
Sure..... We'll see how that goes. ;)

This is another game I need to try on the mangy 3850 sometime.

Sure..... We'll see how that goes. ;)

This is another game I need to try on the mangy 3850 sometime.

Nah, it's not like it was 6 years ago. Gaming PCs now have a much much higher power envelope than a console could ever have. Gaming PC GPUs in 2006 on average drew much less power than they do today.

Point being, there's no way a console GPU could have the performance of a GTX670 with less than half of it's silicon and power budget on 28nm. Remember with GK104 a lot of the unnecessary GPGPU stuff from Fermi has already been cut out.
As for the CPU, well Intel is so far ahead that a console CPU made by somebody else would be lucky to match Lynnfield.

BTW I would love to be totally wrong :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of creating a new character, for a few reasons. Mainly, because I've read you're unable to re-allocate skill traits. I spent a lot of skill points stupidly, on skills I never even use under the impression I would purchase all of them. In fact, skill points become a currency for high level recipes. Also, there's a rumor floating around that players are unable to discover new recipes past 400 crafting. Which I hope isn't true. In fact, I've presented this question to the crafting forum on the main website. And finally, I spent a lot of karma on masterwork gear from quest givers, leaving me with almost nothing. Unless, as you reach higher levels, karma begins to flood in with quests you complete, I may be royally effed :(

Is there a "target of my target" feature in GW2?
I can't seem to find it anywhere...
What use would that be without support for separate friendly and enemy targets? I think target calling (and taking) is the only targeting support in the game.

Dresden, Karma flows like water in WvWvW (assuming other servers don't have you on farm at your spawn).

What use would that be without support for separate friendly and enemy targets? I think target calling (and taking) is the only targeting support in the game

Not much actually, I'm just kind of used to it...
I like to know when a boss monster is targeting me so as to be ready to avoid an attack or heal :smile:

Not much actually, I'm just kind of used to it...
I like to know when a boss monster is targeting me so as to be ready to avoid an attack or heal :smile:

Given weapons hit everyone on their paths and some have an area of effect , knowing who's targeted wouldn't be a great help.
You must watch the monster you are fighting, their animations are usually rather helpful.

So, the rumor circulating the web that discovery ends at 400 crafting is entirely false. In fact, some recipes can't be discovered UNTIL you've reached 400 in crafting. Last night I began working on a set of Intricate Armor for armorsmithing. It's a sweet looking heavy armor set called Gladiator (Tier 2.) I made three pieces and it's absolutely stunning looking armor. Intricate Armor requires a lot of uncommon crafting materials, for example 15 small scales, small venom sacs, small totems or small claws for each Insignia. I spent hours farming last night and did some WvWvW, where yes, the karma did flood in. I made 1200 karma in like 20 minutes of playing. Completing events awards almost 800 at a time.

Once you get the hang of crafting, it becomes insanely fun. Armorsmithing is seriously rewarding and the armor you craft is great.

I also ran my first dungeon, CM in Queensdale. My first group got annihilated on the first boss, while my second group, composed of guildies, tore through the dungeon. It was really fun.

Given weapons hit everyone on their paths and some have an area of effect , knowing who's targeted wouldn't be a great help.
You must watch the monster you are fighting, their animations are usually rather helpful.

Sometimes the area around the enemy is so crowded that you can't see a thing!
But yeah, it's not a needed feature.
Besides, I usually use pistols when there are that many players. :smile:

Man the art in this game is incredible. Too bad it is so technically outdated and incompetent, this could really have been a looker.

Back