[360, PS3] Dragon Age: Origins

You have to maintain the left trigger during all your action, the option for the radial menu is the "not always open" or something like this. Got the french edition so don't have the exact term in english.

I ordered this from PlayAsia... with the Christmas coupons it came to ~$50AUD (with a Yoshi plushie :p to bump me over $50). Looking forward to it. Any tips for someone who hasn't played BG2 before they jump in?

You play console version?

On PC settings are harder than on console as per config files. But yeah some really hard battles and unexpected to. Tactic sence to the max to handle those situations. And I dont accept anyone in party "dying"... if so I reload.

The codex implementation sucks more and more as the game goes (PS3 version) - finding anything new in the long lists is impossible as the highlighting disappears when you scroll over it but you cannot see the item until it scrolls on screen. I also find it pretty confusing with you get an alert after a conversation with a party member that says "skill acquired" but no indication of what this skill is or how to look up the details. (or even what member got the skill).

I also wish there was a tactic of "run away" when team members get hurt. Too often they seem to just let themselves get hammered to death instead of just moving away for a minute.

That all said, I'm like 40+ hours in so I must be enjoying it.

=)

Cheers

I have several middling complaints about the game, but considering I had clocked just about 105 hours in it when I finally completed it they obviously weren't game breakers. :D

One of the most nagging issues for me, however, would be the inability to easily identify fallen comrades in battle (when casting Revive). Particularly when there are several slain foes on the field. It just seemed like an odd oversight to me (especially given the long cool down time for Revive, making a miss quite damaging). Or perhaps there is an easy way that I'm overlooking?

Oh, and the ability to queue multiple commands per person with the radial menu open (console version) would also be nice.

Oh, and the ability to queue multiple commands per person with the radial menu open (console version) would also be nice.

Yeah, a bit of a step-backwards from KotOR... I get the feeling they were trying to emphasize the use of the tactics scripting, but that's a rather one-size-fits-all approach that they may have wanted to reconsider for consoles given the controls...

Does anyone knows if there will be some kind of GOTY edition with the DLC included?

I would wait for it as Carl B recommended me this game, so I want to give it a shot but don´t want to miss out all those DLC´s (long story).

Cheers...

They said they have 2 years worth of DLC planned out for this game. I wouldn't be surprised to see a GOTY edition of some sort. But do you really want to wait that long?

Thanks for the replies, no I would love to play it now; but I would hate even more to miss out some good DLC.

After seeing two, almost identical reactions, I am even more intruiged about the game... Argh...

I am now 15 hours in: elf magician.
Already found my first specialization: Arkane Warrior.
Question: what is the best (second) specialization that fits to Arkane Warrior?

The game really has a lot of dialogue, and unfortunately you really have to be carefull what you answer or ask (I constantly have the feeling that I did it wrong)...so it takes a lot of time to listen/read all the stuff!

I am now at level 11 and unfortunately lost Wynne (my healer): thus for me combat is really difficult and challenging...and my team member really die often during battle.
Some hints for effective battling with the (arkane warrior) magician would be very helpfull and appreciated (usually I cast inferno and then I cast electric storm and run away from the enemies :mrgreen:).

All in all, the game is somehow really special...thinking about it I would right away say its average...but it happend yesterday, that I started the game at 10 in the evening and played straight to 6 in the morning without checking one time the watch - this doesn't happen to often to me and my conclusion is that despite the really 'slow' gameplay, the game itself is addicitive and somehow phantastic!!

I am now 15 hours in: elf magician.
Already found my first specialization: Arkane Warrior.
Question: what is the best (second) specialization that fits to Arkane Warrior?

The game really has a lot of dialogue, and unfortunately you really have to be carefull what you answer or ask (I constantly have the feeling that I did it wrong)...so it takes a lot of time to listen/read all the stuff!

I am now at level 11 and unfortunately lost Wynne (my healer): thus for me combat is really difficult and challenging...and my team member really die often during battle.
Some hints for effective battling with the (arkane warrior) magician would be very helpfull and appreciated (usually I cast inferno and then I cast electric storm and run away from the enemies :mrgreen:).
!

I also had an Elf Mage, with Arcane Warrior specialization. Strangely enough, Spirit Healer worked really well for me as a 2nd specialization. All Combat Magic buffs, plus Cleansing Aura was quite effective for my play style. However, I also had Wayne there, focused on healing, for the larger battles (like the final battle).

Back