X - MONOLITH SOFTWARE

I don't get the Wii U hate, did anyone really expect Nintendo to make a technological powerhouse?

Do I appreciate better graphics, physics, and all that other stuff? Sure I do, but I don't care about that as long as good games are being made. And you can guarantee that Nintendo will deliver on the good games front.

PS4 and Wii U for this generation boys!;)

i'll wait for Wii U emulator.

GC got dolphin emu
Wii got dolphin emu upgraded
Wii U hmmm, dolphin emu got upgraded again and able to play wii u?

nintendo games got very nice graphic boost everytime i play it on dolphin. When i play wii sports on real wii its just horrible.

This thread hasn't been updated in 2 years but in case anyone is wondering about the game
it now has a title which is "Xenoblade Chronicles X" and there's been a 30 minute preview of it, it comes out in April in Japan and presumably later this year in the west.

thanks the video

btw your username confuses me...

EDIT
ugh the graphic quality like a Xenoblade Wii running in dolphine :/
the quest is like Freedom Wars? (rescuing people in pod).
the "tower system" to unmask map is like FarCry
the animation is hand animated?
..... the audio effect is repeated, like PS2 games :?
there are different "blocks of area theme" like in Dragon Age Inquisition instead of totally open world

Last edited:

This thread hasn't been updated in 2 years but in case anyone is wondering about the game
it now has a title which is "Xenoblade Chronicles X" and there's been a 30 minute preview of it, it comes out in April in Japan and presumably later this year in the west.

Looks phenomenal. I think anyone who is remotely into JRPG's would be digging this game. The open world is massive, and the visuals are pretty solid to boot. The four player online is really intriguing for those of us who have dumped countless hours into MH3 Ultimate, but I haven't heard if there will be a voice chat or not. Hopefully it does, but seeing as how Nintendo is the publisher, who knows. Super pumped to get this game though.

The visuals seem great in the wilderness, but inside the city they seem pretty bad, actually.
That engine is definitely not made for close-ups.

Seems like Xenosaga meets Xenoblade meets GTA meets Southern California and filled with annoying Japanese character stereotypes. Visually it looks ok though some of the larger scenes with many large creatures and long range draw distance do look impressive, though frankly these kind of visuals should've been what Nintendo aimed for instead of the GC v1.5 that was the Wii.

Well it looks on par to what we expect out of the Wii U, that's PS360 esque. (Although most games on those platforms went for much smaller but higher quality env.)

Love the environmental design in this. Lovely looking game in general. Not sure how I feel about the Monster Hunter influence, though. Looking forward to playing the predecessor on my 3ds in April. WiiU has to wait for now. That said, the hardware's mighty tempting at the moment, though.

the battle seems slower than Xenoblade Chronicles... maybe due to they showing of the feature and choose slower fights.

Back