Wolfenstein: The New Order

Im wondering if both the XOne and Ps4 versions of this game are going to use dynamic resolution like Rage did on last gen systems. Rage was still considered 720p even though it used this trick to keep the game from ever dropping frames.

Pre-orders for Wolfenstein (20th May) include access to the Doom 4 Beta. But only on the PS4.

For access to the Doom 4 beta without pre-ordering Wolfenstein you'll need XBLive but not PS Plus.

Does this mean there will be a Doom 4?
I was almost convinced otherwise.

You sure Doom 4 isn't another money-grabbing MMO disguised inside a very popular and award-winning franchise?
The folks at Bethesda seem to have developed a taste for that.

So Doom 4 is alive and contains multiplayer. I suppose that shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

EDIT

Official FAQ

DO I NEED TO SPECIFY WHAT PLATFORM I WANT TO PLAY THE DOOM BETA ON?

No. DOOM beta access correlates to your pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order platform. If you purchase an Xbox 360 or Xbox One version of Wolfenstein: The New Order, you will receive an invitation to the Xbox One DOOM beta. PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4 purchasers will receive an invite to the PS4 DOOM beta. All PC purchases will receive an invite to the PC DOOM beta. The DOOM Beta will only be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

WHEN DOES THE DOOM BETA START?

Although you’ll receive the DOOM beta key code with your copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order, the DOOM beta won’t begin until a later, yet-to-be announced date. We will contact you with news and updates surrounding the start of the DOOM beta via the email address provided during the key code redemption process.

WILL I NEED 1ST PARTY PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTIONS IN ORDER TO PLAY THE DOOM BETA?

An Xbox Live Gold membership is required for the Xbox One beta. A PSN Plus membership is NOT required for the PlayStation 4 beta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it the multiplayer that is available in beta? That'd explain the Gold requirement.

Is it the multiplayer that is available in beta? That'd explain the Gold requirement.

Yes, I would assume so. Otherwise an "invite" to a "beta" wouldn't make much sense in the context of a single player game or the single player mode of an MP game.

EDIT

To clarify, I don't think it would much sense in relation to how open and closed "betas" have been used for the last few years. Probably still perfectly valid in the context of the internal and private testing a dev/pub does, however.

Right. So I don't understand why people are confused at the requirement or Gold membership. You need it for multiplayer and Netflix, so why wouldn't it be required here? :???:

Right. So I don't understand why people are confused at the requirement or Gold membership. You need it for multiplayer and Netflix, so why wouldn't it be required here? :???:

Yeah, the Gold requirement makes sense to me.

Well, makes as much sense as a Gold requirement can make. :LOL:

If D4 beta has multiplayer, this will be first non-F2P beta on PS4 that will not have PS+ requirement.

If D4 beta has multiplayer, this will be first non-F2P beta on PS4 that will not have PS+ requirement.
Perhaps Sony don't think it's fair to charge people a service fee to beta test a game for a dev. Much like they don't think it's fair to charge people a service fee to access Netflix.

Indeed. I was initially very skeptical about this title (who-asked-for-this?). Looks like a good romp. Over-the-top, but not too over-the-top if that makes sense?

On a side note, why would you cut a hole in your own cover. :p

To create unexpected sniping position. :D They are also using this cutting tool for traversal [even though the game is linear].
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk8KdC6ehIE&feature=player_detailpage#t=553

I also really like acting/facial tech from that same presentation. Really top notch stuff. Art-style of the game is less realistic that lets say TLOU [BJ is a unrealistically big muscled man, the whole basic premise of this alternative history is crazy and over the top mecha-focused], but the way they animated all characters is very convincing. I cant wait to see more.

I think I'm the odd one here but id tech 5 never really impressed me graphically even when it's running at 60fps. The lighting, shaders, polygon density, physics and particle are so legacy compared to many modern games. The art looks cool and so does the Bokeh but nothing else impresses me one bit. Still getting it tho just because it's single player only and a lengthy one at that.

Back