Windows 11 [2021]

What's so special about the windows store we've had the ability to install programs from the internet for decades
1714331972745.png

What's so special about the windows store we've had the ability to install programs from the internet for decades
View attachment 11224
1) all mobile operating systems has an app store, so sayeth The "Wise" Ones
2) so that microsoft can inject their stuff directly into the veins of your windows without user interference

One benefit that iphone users scream about is that it cuts down on viruses or other issues that can be encountered when you get installers from other stores or random websites.
a buddy of mine was insistent to get discord from the windows store some years ago and when he told me i was like "ok i dont think there is an official discord app there" and he said "oh it must be i paid 10 dollars for it" and i was like "what?!? discord is free" and of course it turned out to be a scam but thankfully not a virus so i guess thats a win for the windows store? yay?

there might be a real discord app there now i havent checked but there is a ton of crapware there, as there is in any appstore

a buddy of mine was insistent to get discord from the windows store some years ago and when he told me i was like "ok i dont think there is an official discord app there" and he said "oh it must be i paid 10 dollars for it" and i was like "what?!? discord is free" and of course it turned out to be a scam but thankfully not a virus so i guess thats a win for the windows store? yay?

there might be a real discord app there now i havent checked but there is a ton of crapware there, as there is in any appstore
Yea I know same shit happens on all the store fronts. But that is what people like to claim

One thing I do like about the window store is that it syncs across my devices. So anything I install there its a quick instal on my surfaces

Arc, the new web browser that wants to be an OS for the web, has been finally released on Windows.

One benefit that iphone users scream about is that it cuts down on viruses or other issues that can be encountered when you get installers from other stores or random websites.
Search "Microsoft Authenticator" on the App Store. Cutting down on malware my ass. The first result is always a sponsored scam made to look like the real Microsoft Authenticator (the icons are clearly designed to fool someone who has only been given a description of it). It's incredible that Apple allows this. Almost criminally negligent IMO.

Back