What mp3 are You listening now?

"Within Temptation - Gatekeeper" - just getting into them, quite like what i'm hearing.

edit: oh its an .ogg, can i still post here? :p

"I wanna get off work so I can go home and listen to MP3's (and surf for pr0n)" as performed by Me

mp3 hurts my ears. No shit, it just sounds like WW2 radio to me, unless it's at least 320Kbit, which doesn't really make sense in terms of staorage savings.

_xxx_ said:
mp3 hurts my ears. No shit, it just sounds like WW2 radio to me, unless it's at least 320Kbit, which doesn't really make sense in terms of staorage savings.

we have an audiophile in the house.......

lol, i cant tell the differance between a 128K sampled MP3 and listening to a cd on my $1500 Pioneer radio system

_xxx_ said:

Why not? 320k VBR/q=0 still results in far smaller file sizes than any lossless compression scheme.

Schadenfroh said:
lol, i cant tell the differance between a 128K sampled MP3 and listening to a cd on my $1500 Pioneer radio system

Then you wasted way too much money on that audio system. :)

128K have clearly audible artifacts. Not always, but often. 192K is usually ok though for my ears.

atb - no silence, way out west - intensify, faithless - no roots and daily dose of biosphere

all of them are albums btw

Schadenfroh said:
_xxx_ said:

we have an audiophile in the house.......

Then you should never buy one. I can tell the difference between 320k and a CD very clearly. Maybe it's twenty-one years of making music that make the difference, dunno... ;)

MuFu: I mean in that case it's not worth the effort. For a portable mp3 player with, like, 128 megs you'll rather go for 128 k or even less.

_xxx_ said:
MuFu: I mean in that case it's not worth the effort. For a portable mp3 player with, like, 128 megs you'll rather go for 128 k or even less.

but what about one with 40GB?

TV ATM

But if i was it would probably some Pink Floyd, talking heads - once in a lifetime, or Dragon - Rain (2 newest additions - go classic rock, go)

Back