Are wrestling releases kind of staged?

Roger Cobb

Regular
I mind in 2004 when Brock Lesnar was let go from WWE, or he left to join the NFL for a season or whatever, he couldn't settle something with WWE until 2012. This happened to be the year Lesnar made his return to the promotion, coincidentally.

CM Punk left WWE abruptly in 2014. Now with his firing from AEW, rumours are he will be back soon in WWE.

Something tells me these are years long disputes, that are only being resolved close to their eligible return dates. Because Punk was last at the Royal Rumble in 2014. But maybe I am just hazarding a guess...

You don't actually think that shit is real do you?

crying-still.gif

The storyline and actual matches are staged. Still quite a feat to pull off with all that coordination. There's an incredible amount of athleticism that goes into professional wrestling.

The actual business dealings aren't staged necessarily. Often times they might be exploited for storyline purposes. However when it comes to management you're either liked or not. And things can get quite personal for some managers that will prevent an entertainer from remaining in that organization whether WWE or AEW or whatever.

There's a reason Randy Savage was blacklisted from the WWE. Shit gets personal.

Oh I agree 100% that wrestlers train very hard (and get a little help from chemistry ;) ) and they certainly do get injured (sometimes seriously) but it's not a sport or even a competition.
It's more of a very physical stage play.

Back