Do you use your own TV/monitor for audio? Or do you use headphones or external speakers?

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
I settled with these speakers from Logitech, after having constantly used cheap speakers without subwoofer :rolleyes: and also headphones throughout the years.

These Logitech speakers have powerful and, at the same time, kind to your ears sound, which is what I wanted. A 5.1, 7.1 or Dolby Atmos setup is not realistic given the characteristics of the room where I play -my bedroom-, which does not have the biggest space.

Lately I was listening audio through the TV, which has 40W speakers built-in, and it sounds surprisingly good, but the subwoofer is not as capable and it lacks certain punch, and also that soft, comfortable for your ears, sound from the Logitech speakers.

Last edited:
Two paths:

1. AVR with surround, currently 7.1 setup
2. Headphones

I never use TV speakers unless it's the bedroom where TV is only on while I fall asleep.

I use TV speakers sometimes. Also home theater 5.1 in the living room. Headphones most of the time at the desktop and sometimes in the living room.

Last edited:
All our desktops use 2.0 or 2.1 speakers. Soundbars for my TVs now instead of 5.1 setups I had in the old house.

Sometimes use my headphones for my PC gaming, but it's rare.

Isn't small bedroom actually better for atmos? I mean, even fronts only atmos soundbar should work great via atmos virtualization for that kind of room. Or just use PS5 3d audio for stereo speakers.

---

As for me, I currently use Yamaha avr + 5 speakers with 1 subwoofer.

Very few games and movies fully took advantage of rear channels.

Sometimes I use Dolby atmos for headphones with normal Bluetooth headphones

Isn't small bedroom actually better for atmos? I mean, even fronts only atmos soundbar should work great via atmos virtualization for that kind of room. Or just use PS5 3d audio for stereo speakers.

---

As for me, I currently use Yamaha avr + 5 speakers with 1 subwoofer.

Very few games and movies fully took advantage of rear channels.

Sometimes I use Dolby atmos for headphones with normal Bluetooth headphones
Atmos in my bedroom would work just fine, but the ceiling height is not flat across the room, both the walls and the ceiling were designed to be oblique. And there are other factors to consider.

That being said, I've watched a few movies in the cinema with Dolby Atmos, "The Beast" and "The Woman King" for instance, as of late. Maybe it's just me, but the times I did, it wasn't earth shattering. I really like the Windows app though.

Atmos in my bedroom would work just fine, but the ceiling height is not flat across the room, both the walls and the ceiling were designed to be oblique. And there are other factors to consider.

That being said, I've watched a few movies in the cinema with Dolby Atmos, "The Beast" and "The Woman King" for instance, as of late. Maybe it's just me, but the times I did, it wasn't earth shattering. I really like the Windows app though.

maybe the atmos virtualizer needs to be recalibrated? oh and try these movies in atmos

• john wick 1, rain scene.
  • interstellar, going into tesserac black hole thing scene, and tsunami planet scene.

Back