What mp3 are You listening now?

L233 said:
I'll see if I can get a few test .wavs online... would a few seconds of Raining Blood be ok?
You could save a bit of space/bandwidth (~40%) if you encode to a ".ape" ** with Monkeys Audio.

**It's lossless compression, but I bet some people will still claim that it "loses the warmth of the original wav" :p

L233 said:
_xxx_ said:
Try another server, 404 here.

Jap, they killed it. Pretty fast, huh? I don't have another server. If anyone would like to host it, send a PM.

I can host if you wish (or a new set 10MB max though), email it.

Pretty useless, since no car audio or mp3 player will support it...

wmp9/10 have a lossless compression option for WMA that ~ halves the file size. Quite a few players support wma so they may support that.

Huh? Never heard about that with WMA. How do I try it? All I've seen so far were the default configs of WMP7/8 and never bothered to work with it since I found the quality miserable.

My car rig supports WMA, so it would be a nice thing :D

It's in the encoding quality options in wpm9 and 10

tools>options

then on the rip music tab use the dropdown box for format and theres options for:

mp3 CBR 128-320kbps
wma CBR 48-192kbps
wma VBR 40-75kbps - 240-355kbps
wma lossless which is VBR 470-940kbps

_xxx_ said:
Pretty useless, since no car audio or mp3 player will support it...
I wasn't suggesting you play the .APE files directly (although winamp will). The idea was simply to save space/bandwidth for L233. You can always convert back to the original .wav file.

L233 said:
_xxx_ said:
Try another server, 404 here.

Jap, they killed it. Pretty fast, huh? I don't have another server. If anyone would like to host it, send a PM.

Can you mail it to me please? You have PM.

I've got quite a good set of cans (HD600s), an amp and decent DAC set. Wouldn't mind a listen, just out of curiosity.

Back