What kind of car(s) do you guys drive?

A blue one.

A small 3-door VW Polo something from the 90´s ('96 I think)

When I bought it a year ago, I didn't even check under the engine hood until some three months later.
I recently learned it's a front-drive (I don't know what I need that knowledge for, it's just something someone more into cars told me...)

_xxx_ said:
Girls and cars... :rolleyes:
Uhm, my wife is the one who traded in my minivan for our Z....I'm just the lucky benefactor. I have a 2 foot tall trophy on my desk of hers from when she placed fourth in an iron horse competition from back in the mid-80s when she had an old Jeep, some women are into cars and can actually use them. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
Uhm, my wife is the one who traded in my minivan for our Z....I'm just the lucky benefactor. I have a 2 foot tall trophy on my desk of hers from when she placed fourth in an iron horse competition from back in the mid-80s when she had an old Jeep, some women are into cars and can actually use them. ;)

I'm seriously disappointed that you didn't get the joke on rr! *slaps digi in the face with a stinky salmon* ;)

2005 Saab 9-2x Aero w/ 5MT

Man I love this car. It's quite fast, and the AWD is great in the winter. Doesn't hurt that I paid $9600 under MSRP either. :)

Sonic said:
rabidrabbit is a girl?

HAHAHA Thats even funnier than the original joke!

I would love for next three cars to be :

a 2009 Land Rover hybrid
a 2010 Bentley continental GT (no hybrid necessary here but $150K is)
a Cadillac escalade hybrid

_xxx_ said:
Was it that thread where you asked about new company car? Glad you went for the right thing :)

Yeah...took me a while to get around to it as the opportunity to buy the company came up in the interim. I've got 2800 miles on it now and it's great!

Lada 112 Coupe:
Lada_112_2.jpg

(same as this one, but dark green colour)

Currently drive a lightly modified 2005 Mini Cooper S...

Used to drive a '99 Impreza WRX STi Ver. VI RA Limited when I lived in Japan...

RASTI6.jpg

Mize said:
Yeah...took me a while to get around to it as the opportunity to buy the company came up in the interim. I've got 2800 miles on it now and it's great!

I had the chance to make a few miles with the SRT version and except for the softie suspension, I was delighted. Would like to have one for saturday evenings :devilish: Mayhem!

nintenho said:
There's usually a lot of mechanics at car auctions since a lot of the cars need a lot of things fixed and nobody else is too interested in them.
Well I dont even work at a shop.. still going to school.
My dad got the car when I was still in high school and was basically a gran turismo type guy.. i.e I knew what I knew from games.
I've learned a crap load since fall 2003 when I started going to school.

The car just needed a tuneup, not an overhaul.
See it has mechanic lifters so you have to adjust them frequently.
VW liked to say every 10K but a lot of guys liked to check them every 3K.
The oil needs to be changed every 3000 miles on the dot if you believe VW, or every 1500 miles if you follow advise VW enthusiasts.
There's no oil filter.. just an oil "strainer" which just basically just keeps big things from ruining the engine.
You see, the car was designed in the 30s and never got any major upgrades to the engine.. just got a bigger and went to dual port heads in 71, before that each cylinder only has 1 shared instake runner from carb.
And of course went to "irs" in 69.. it was already IRS but rode on a swing axle.. like the corvair.
Ya.. I know a bit about them ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
_xxx_ said:
I had the chance to make a few miles with the SRT version and except for the softie suspension, I was delighted. Would like to have one for saturday evenings :devilish: Mayhem!

My neighbor got and SRT, but I really wanted the AWD...too bad you can't get both!
The suspension is a bit soft, but it makes for a nice highway speedster as a result.

The three drivers at my house are all rocking one 2001 Dodge Stratus ES... :). I LOVE the car but sometimes it a little though to have three people all sharing a car. Plus its got 108,000 miles on it and it's making some funny noises...

How are those police auctions? Could I get something that would get me from A to B for VERY little? Also, anyone have a site that would list locations of said auctions in California?

Well, when I do drive, I drive my blue 5-door 2004 Chevrolet Aveo. Here is a pick of the 2007 model from Chevy's site (the body hasn't changed appreciably).

It's the first car I purchased, bought it new, and I love it :) It caries quite a bit of cargo or passengers, is comfortable, is a stick shift, and has quite a lot of pep for a little 1.6-liter engine.

I don't drive it much anymore, though. Got it about two years ago, and have 20,000 miles on it. Now I mostly just bike to school, and drive about once a week or so for one thing or another.

Edit:
Oh! Almost forgot my absolute favorite feature of the car! The CD player that plays MP3 CD's :) I have one CD with nearly 200 songs on it...gotta love that!

l15741 said:
How are those police auctions? Could I get something that would get me from A to B for VERY little? Also, anyone have a site that would list locations of said auctions in California?
I think you can check the IRS website for those or at least google should be helpful, but I heard that the auctions are A LOT more common around L.A. so I hope you live around there....

Back