What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong. It would be nice to see more old school Tomb Raider gameplay but the gaming market is totally different now than before.

The Dark Souls games and Bloodborne were sales hits. Cuphead sold over a million too. The new Doom felt like a game from 20 years ago in the best possible way and Wolfenstein straight up ditched multiplayer. I think people are actually quite hungry for non-gentrified AAA gaming offerings serving a certain niche these days. Besides, didn't the new TR games cost so much money that they barely made a buck and put Crystal Dynamics in serious jeopardy?
You wouldn't need super expensive cut-scenes, set-pieces and celebrity voice acting for a more traditional, exploration-focused TR game. Might actually be a much less risky endeavor.

Last edited:
Either doing Dragons Dogma remaster...played the original and loved it many moons ago.

Or trying out modern Warframe :)
Played the beta about hundred years ago or so and didn't like it much...but I heard this game vastly improved?!?

Downloading WF now...if it is not clicking with me DD :)

Finally managed to start Titanfall 2 last night on PS4 Pro. I think I put at least 4 or5h on it already and I hear it's a short game. I like it so far. the gameplay is fun alternating between being the pilot and controlling the Titan. 60fps and still looks pretty good and sharp at 1440p. I think I'll start Final Fantasy 15 after this. I got around 10 weeks to finish a few games before a 4 month Asia trip :)

Rocket League - I'm trying to get halloween crates and rl items
Alienation - There are few games on the PS4, this one is quite nice and I can play with a friend

Dragon's Dogma, GT Sport, South Park and what little there is to do weekly in D2.

Dragon's Dogma is just way too fucking addictive, As much as I'm enjoying Shadow of War, it almost feels like I'm playing it out of obligation because I paid for it. Just fought a Balrog in a shitty QTE battle and couldn't shake the thought that this whole thing woul have been so much more fun with DD's more direct combat system.

I managed to finish Titanfall 2 yesterday. The campaign was a bit longer than I expected which was nice, although I feel like my pace is slower than average, I like to check behind most corners. Very enjoyable experience and nice variety with the levels and gameplay. They did a very good job in making this feel more than a just a check box single player mode. I hope we'll get more single player Titanfall content. I hear the sales weren't good, even though the reviews were. I'm trying to start FF15 soon.

I managed to finish Titanfall 2 yesterday. The campaign was a bit longer than I expected which was nice, although I feel like my pace is slower than average, I like to check behind most corners. Very enjoyable experience and nice variety with the levels and gameplay. They did a very good job in making this feel more than a just a check box single player mode. I hope we'll get more single player Titanfall content. I hear the sales weren't good, even though the reviews were. I'm trying to start FF15 soon.

How does the "shooting" feels in Titanfall 2? I got bored of Destiny 2 and i'm looking for another FPS to entertain me for a while. Is the "shooting" satisfying in Titanfall 2?

How does the "shooting" feels in Titanfall 2? I got bored of Destiny 2 and i'm looking for another FPS to entertain me for a while. Is the "shooting" satisfying in Titanfall 2?

I think so, but I haven't played lot of the shooters or Destiny in recent years, so I don't have a lot comparison points from lately. I haven't tried the multiplayer part of Titanfall either, but in general the mechanics felt just right to me.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll add it to my wishlist. I checked the pricing history and it seems to go on sale every other month on PSN. I still have Night in the Woods and 2 or 3 other indies to finish anyway.

TF2 is basically COD shooting. Very fast, very good imo.

TF2 is one of my favs. Story great, MP a sensation, new update even has a horde mode [emoji4]

Last edited:
Playing Assassin's Creed origins and I'm very impressed with it so far. The last ass creed I played was Black Flag. I don't think this generation of consoles can do much more technically than this.

Please don’t make me want to buy my first Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed 2....

Assassin's Creed series is like the Dead Rising series, they always look fun and I always buy them and then they quickly let me down and I quit. And I just bought DR2 Off the Record the other day... I never learn.

Please don’t make me want to buy my first Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed 2....

Think of it as a big open world rpg lite game set in ancient Egypt. It's combat is actually challenging now. I will say I wish they made it it's own game instead of an assassins Creed because I have no interest in the present day stuff and that story line. It's also technically very impressive in my opinion.

It also has possibly the best combat in a western rpg and stealth aspect also the climbing is cool now without the obvious yellow things or cracks from previous games as in you can climb anything now.

Last edited:
Still Dragon's Dogma. Maybe I'll come back to Shadow of War at some point, but it's just not grabbing me. It's so damned repetitive and laborious. Also counting the hours until my Switch-Mario-bundle arrives tomorrow.

Think of it as a big open world rpg lite game set in ancient Egypt. It's combat is actually challenging now. I will say I wish they made it it's own game instead of an assassins Creed because I have no interest in the present day stuff and that story line. It's also technically very impressive in my opinion.

It also has possibly the best combat in a western rpg and stealth aspect also the climbing is cool now without the obvious yellow things or cracks from previous games as in you can climb anything now.

Sold.

Crap. I still have to finish Witcher 3. Crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back