What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finishing up Dying Light, at least I must be close. I'm trying to skip what side missions are left and just get through the story. Its dragging on a bit long. Next up I have the Metro redux still unwrapped or Sniper Elite 3 until Bloodborne consumes me.
Metro Redux was so gooooood.

I recently started playing OKCupid.

Too fucking hard.

I'm going to dig out the Dreamcast and play Shenmue instead.

Pro-tips: don't date anyone you can't first chat for hours with and enjoy yourself. Then when you do finally date, you know you have something to talk about at least, even if there's not an immediate physical connection (and contrary to what some say, there often isn't on the first date). Don't go into a date with a long checklist of 'must have' features. The only measure should be at the end of the date: 'Did I enjoy myself and would I like to spend more time with this person?' As opposed to, say: 'If I marry this person and have 3 kids and a house, would we agree about the color of the eiderdown?'.

If you can't find someone you can at least talk to on OKCupid after two months, try another dating site. They tend to attract their own audiences, some of which may just not suit you.

Most people that stay single tend to have a much too long list of 'demands' about who they date. They may also have had very bad role-models in their parents. Try to look at real people that are together and see what they really get out of each other that you would like too, and then look at yourself if that matches your own expectations, and if you miss any qualities that could get in the way of that.

My first post here :)

So how to say it not to look strange ... for the first time in my life I've played Halo 1 (CE) from Halo MCC on XB1. Just to be clear I owned XBOX, XBOX 360 and now XB1 and not even once I've played any Halo game, EVER!
My problem was I hated FPS games on a pad, but because I've seen Halo movie some time ago I've decided to give it a go. Make no mistake, I still hate FPS on a pad, but it's not as bad as I thought.
Great game no matter when it was done!

Currently going through Halo 2!

My first post here :)

So how to say it not to look strange ... for the first time in my life I've played Halo 1 (CE) from Halo MCC on XB1. Just to be clear I owned XBOX, XBOX 360 and now XB1 and not even once I've played any Halo game, EVER!
My problem was I hated FPS games on a pad, but because I've seen Halo movie some time ago I've decided to give it a go. Make no mistake, I still hate FPS on a pad, but it's not as bad as I thought.
Great game no matter when it was done!

Currently going through Halo 2!

Welcome to the MCC party! I've previously played all the original Halo Master Chief games, Halo ODST and Halo Reach (haven't finished Halo Wars and never played Spartan Assault). Weirdly enough, I play it more for the single player story. Like you, I just recently finished Halo CE and will be playing Halo 2 Anniversary until I get through them all. I plan to replay Halo Reach after if I'm not Halo-ed out.

Don't talk HALO :mad:, it brings the pang back of having not played Reach ! I don't have a 360, Damn you !

Bungie: I want more Destiny ! You hear that ! Now that u have made a game for my console, I want more of it and in loads ! Loads I say !!! ....not a trickle after 4 months.

That's a ringing endorsement. Halo on Xbox: "not as bad as I thought" :)

Analog stick FPS controls not as bad as I thought, he said. Great game, he also said. You must be a games 'journalist'. ;) (just teasing)

Anyway, playing Transistor and The Order mostly now. Enjoying both.

Don't talk HALO :mad:, it brings the pang back of having not played Reach ! I don't have a 360, Damn you !

Bungie: I want more Destiny ! You hear that ! Now that u have made a game for my console, I want more of it and in loads ! Loads I say !!! ....not a trickle after 4 months.

Damn shame. I though Halo Reach was pretty good...maybe rent/borrow a 360 and Reach.

I keep trying but I just can't get into Hotline Miami 2. They have actually managed to make the controls feel even more kludgy than the first game which is a show stopper for me. It's hard enough as it is without the poorly adapted mouse-centric UI getting in the way. Also, little things like always defaulting to "New Game" doesn't help its case either.

Still waiting for a decent epic RPG to appear to tear me away from "Don't Starve" and "Binding Of Isaac".

Still Dying Light. Like most open world games I can't seem to keep on track with my current objective. Plus I've started using the companion app on iPad so have so many crafting consumables to keep me in Korek Machetes for weeks and cutting zombies in half or decapitating them never gets old :yep2: Still not going out at night, though :nope:

Ryse Son of Rome. Bought it at X-Mas with my Ass Creed bundle (still haven't played those).
Makes me a little nauseated (frame-rate issue maybe).

Resogun, which not enough friends are playing, because the new modes are great and none of you seem to have scores on them?

Also still Transistor.

My issue with Ryse is probably not frame rate related as I originally thought. Playing it more, it appears to be the close (too close) perspective of the character and the way the camera jerks to different viewpoints when panning. I think it would've been better to have the camera pulled back a little further ala Ninja Gaiden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back