What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, it was just a comment about my previous entry stating that I was about to start Batman Arkham City, the game is so good you really feel like being Batman while playing it. ^^

Not getting into Anno 2070. Between the steep learning curve and boring multi-part missions I find myself saving and finding other things to do...:(

I guess I'll fire up Batman AC. Controller or keyboard on this one? I found AA to be better on the controller.

Get heroes. They are far more capable then henchmen. Once you get about 3-4 heroes, it starts to get fairly easy to solo

There are also specific hero builds that make even hard mode relatively easy to solo

I never solo in GW. The game is kinda boring, in my opinion, without the unpredictability of human teammates.

I found out a few days ago that Space Pirates and Zombies got a major update that added a fourth (fifth when including the player) faction: bounty hunters. Differently from civilians and military they have a global reputation system (bounty vs respect) and attacking the two factions in specific systems that are under bounty hunters influence will increase your bounty. You can remedy the situation by paying off your bounty or gathering reputation by attending on specific events (kill a set of ships with a ship you're given, no customization so it's pretty well balanced) or even surviving their attacks/wiping out their bases (if you manage to beat them they will respect you more). Obviously you can gather the schematics for the bountyhunter ships as well and they are pretty nice, extremely specialized so they have both major strong points and weaknesses.

All in all it has been rather fun so far playing on veteran, even set Minecraft (with technicpack) on side for now :)

777 Studios (rise of flight, a ww1 sim) is having a sale on their planes, field mods, and campaigns, so I threw $50 at them to continue filling out my hanger. I swear, between Rise of Flight and the Wing Commander fan release my PC hasn't seen a joystick used on it this much since the 90s.

Or until you discovered redtube ;)

Quick question :
Assassins Creed Revelations in game explorer does anyone know where the box art image is located or where the info is that points to it ?

Or until you discovered redtube ;)

Bah, redtube is for weaklings. :p

Playing Ys: The Oath in Felghana. It was recently released on Steam after many years of the PC version being exclusive in Japan(The PSP port was released in the US a few years back). I am loving it so far, but the bosses are hard. They're basically all puzzle bosses. Have to discover the patterns, and figure out how to counter them.

replaying Baldurs gate 1 using Tutu ( BG1 in BG2) + a few other mods. Playing in 1280X1024 it doesn't hold up to bad at all. UI is dated but apart from that :love:

Played a ton of Path of Exile over the weekend. This game definitely has promise, can't wait until they start taking donations for the closed beta keys.

Deus Ex:HR - really happy with this game! Not perfect but keeps that feel of old Deus and momentarily looks superb. Very good stealth action as well :D

Played Tera beta over the week-end.
It's the standard MMORPG template with "fixed" battle system (ie more involving, not quite Street Fighter though.), however it suffers from the same flaws as others. (Lack of voice acting to avoid reading, having to find quest hubs and go back to validate, people not sharing the world but competing to get boss, resources...)

Often wonder what's the point of playing a MMORPG, current design make it annoying as you're competing with other players for monsters and barely interacting with them except in guilds...
Can't wait for GW2 and joining in a fight to help w/o afterthought.

Finished Revelations. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Sad about the ending a bit. Feels like the end of an era. Next will be Witcher 2 the EE.

Revelations ?

edit: Assassins creed

edit2: revelations

near the beginning I have to destroy the captains carriage and the game says
"ramming - Winding up longer than your opponent will deal damage"

what does winding up longer mean ???

Just finished Dungeon Siege 3. Entertaining game, worth it in the < $15 bracket. Got about 3/4 of the way through Rage and just got bored, deleted it. Now I need to go back and finish Crysis 2 and Portal 2.

After reading this article:
http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1221904p1.html

I decided to try out of few of them. I went on Steam and grabbed the demos for Titan's Quest, Torchlight, and Dungeon Siege III.

My personal verdict:

Titan's Quest: I felt the demo was decent. Didn't really wow me in any particular way. But it was solid.

Torchlight: Also solid. But for some reason this one engrossed me a bit more than Titan's Quest.

Dungeon Siege III: Definitely far better graphics than the previous two, and looks like it has the makings of a good story. But the controls are rather clunky, especially the camera. Reviews say it's also quite short. So I might pick this up if I can find it for cheap, but I don't think it would be worth it otherwise.

Since my PS3 got stole, and my home insurance gave me the go ahead to replace it...I got the 320 gb PS3 with Uncharted 3 bundle...looking forward to it. I downloaded Witcher 2 and then found out I have to wait till Apr 17th to get the Enhanced Edition content...that was a bit disappointing. I hate waiting dakara na...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back