What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances.
Actually just tried it out for kicks as I already had an EA account (cant remember for what)... and wasted way more time than I planned :oops:
Gonna see how this pans out, you only get a certain amount of "moves" (commander points or whatever), so his could be something I could find time for a couple hours a week.

Oh, is the NDA finally over and we can talk about it now? :) Hmmm, looked, and it's open BETA now so I guess the NDA must be over as well.

Yup interesting take on the C&C franchise from a browser POV. Although some things bother me. Like I took out someone that took out an alliance member near me. Then they both pop back up. Alliance member is taken out by them and I take them out yet again. Rinse and repeat.

So other than getting the resources and 24 hours of expanded territory, it seems somewhat pointless to take out another player. I guess on the plus side getting taken out doesn't completely take you out of the game like it does in something like Travian.

Anyway, no need to get too into it here. But I've been spending too much time in it as well.

The only thing I wish they'd change is how you can go back to the base to shuffle around your attack force but when you go back to the battlefield you have to actually hit a button for it to take effect.

I think I messed up 8-10 attacks when I first started and hence got my units completely wiped out for no gain in the first few days of playing due to this. Doesn't happen anymore now that I'm conditioned to hit that button, but it does put new people at a significant disadvantage until it becomes habit to hit the button to make your formation changes take effect.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, just heard about it now with the Open Beta. Really have no clue how this will play out when the newbie-sphere is removed and veterans like SB will start their reign of terror :smile:
Well, some starter guide would be really nice, I sold a couple buildings because I wanted to move them before discovering you can move them directly and easily.

Hmmm. Some tips.

Wait until the last 2-3 days of your newbie bubble to focus on Defense. And you will need defense at some point.

You can do without infantry once you have researched the Pitbull. Just go Guardians and Pitbulls in the early game. Not having an infantry building allows you to have one more slot for an economy building in your base. Same goes for airfield. Don't build one until you've researched a plane to use (go for Firehawks first).

When you are researching. Some key things you want to save for. Offense - Firehawks. Defense - missle infantry (anti-air defense). I've found that the anti-vehicle defense towers are currently not very useful. Almost all the good players mass firehawks (along with vehicles to clear out anti-air), and those can easily take down unprotected defensive buildings. When you start seeing vehicles in defenses make a choice between Paladins (anti-vehicle plane) or Predator (anti-vehicle light tank). Both have their good points and bad points.

Once you can take down level 12+ camps and outposts you'll start getting far more crystal and tiberium from raiding than you do from your economy. You're going to start being power starved at that point so plan accordingly.

If you get into an alliance. I highly suggest looking at replays of people attacking other players or other players attacking people in your alliance. It's the best way to try to think of ways to setup your defense.

It's a huge rock - paper - scissors game. Once people start getting powerful some of them forget about the potential of infantry. At that point it can start to make sense to start using infantry strategically as some people may focus too much on anti-vehicle and anti-air.

Also, this is BETA. So unit's I'm sure are still being balanced. Anything I've said up until now can be invalidated in a single patch. :D

Regards,
SB

Still two out of the three good ones. And they are all the same anyway... <sigh>...
Hmm, it sounds like the author of that piece wasn't paying attention. For example,
it is explicitly stated earlier in the game that the Illusive Man had personally gone to the Citadel and informed the Reapers, and there's also a video showing the Illusive Man getting a Reaper implant.

It isn't really surprising to me that a game like Mass Effect 3 isn't going to make much sense if you don't pay attention to the story.

Also, I don't know why the author somehow thinks that the entire populations of these other races are in those ships fighting.

But anyway, I, for one, found the ending to be rather satisfying.

Sure if you consider an ending that ignores every single thing you've done in the previous games, ignores any character building you've done in the previous games, and gives a bit F-U to any sort of continuity or closure a good ending then I suppose it was.

Not that I'm surprised. Bioware/EA was already in the process of flushing the story down the toilet starting with the 2nd game.

Regards,
SB

Sure if you consider an ending that ignores every single thing you've done in the previous games, ignores any character building you've done in the previous games, and gives a bit F-U to any sort of continuity or closure a good ending then I suppose it was.
Given the overall story, I don't really see any other way it could have gone. There's no reason, for example, why the final choices should have in any way been limited by the previous moral choices. But the final confrontation was pretty much inevitably going to be a military one, and so it was always going to have more dependence upon how well you did at gathering forces than anything else.

A post-ending-scene wrap-up might have been nice, but truth be told I don't hardly pay attention to those any longer.

I have a m.e 3 question
some missions are labeled as priority
will I be penalized if i dont complete them asap or can I do them at my leisure ?

I have a m.e 3 question
some missions are labeled as priority
will I be penalized if i dont complete them asap or can I do them at my leisure ?

My advice, do every side mission possible before advancing main story missions. Some side missions can't be completed after certain priority missions are done. I've made that mistake at the beginning of my game. Lost 3 or so side mission assets/bonuses :/

Guild Wars...

Finally picked up Nightfall to make it easier to get to 30 points (still a long grind, but 15 to 20 is easy) for the Guild Wars 2 items.

Anyway, I had completely forgotten the sheer volume of content available in Guildwars. Easily more than 250-500 hours worth of content and that doesn't even include grinding for titles or armor or weapons to get hall of monument statues for Guild Wars 2 items, pets, and titles. Just doing quests and the main storylines (there's the 4 main storylines and then meta-storylines AFTER you finish the main storylines).

It's like a feast of gameplay. And even with a 7 year old engine. The game still looks a TON better than most of the games out today. The level design and locations are just fantastic. Some things like the water effects and characters look dated, but overall, it's still one of the best examples of a good looking game ever made.

Regards,
SB

Finally picked up Nightfall to make it easier to get to 30 points (still a long grind, but 15 to 20 is easy) for the Guild Wars 2 items.

I don't know how you manage. I couldn't even get beyond the initial quests in GW:EN because there weren't anyone playing a month after release.

I don't know how you manage. I couldn't even get beyond the initial quests in GW:EN because there weren't anyone playing a month after release.

Get heroes. They are far more capable then henchmen. Once you get about 3-4 heroes, it starts to get fairly easy to solo

There are also specific hero builds that make even hard mode relatively easy to solo.

This is the current hero build I'm using...

http://www.gwpvx.com/Build:Team_-_7_Hero_Player_Support

I still need to unlock Razah for either a 3rd mesmer or 2nd ritualist though. Using a searing flames spammer hero (http://www.gwpvx.com/Build:E/any_Searing_Flames_Elementalist ) until I get him. Still haven't gotten the equipment for them yet, but it's working well enough right now.

You have to adjust things slightly for certain storyline missions. The last mission in the Factions storyline where you have to take down Shiro for example pretty much needs someone who can break stances in order to get the Master's reward for one of the title tracks.

But that pretty much makes all normal mode content a walk in the park. Enough that I'm now also working on the survivor title track (1,337,500 experience without dying). Have to still be careful in Hard Mode though. Basically abuse the heck out of the flagging system to make sure your heroes are tanking all or most of the damage, and be ready to run away in Hard Mode. :D

And yeah, I'm pretty much soloing the whole thing. 2 missions away from finishing the Nightfall campaign which will unlock another 3 Hall of Monuments points for me (5 "Honor" statues).

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back