Wassup?

Reverend

Banned
Hey guys, I haven't been visiting the forums (or even the Internet) much. Anyone willing to waste some time bringing me back up to date on all the important stuff (like new good hw, any relevant ramblings by/interviews with John, if Kristof has new fav lipstick color, who has the most posts here, more Nvidiots here or more ATidioits here, whi just lost their virginity, if ATI is now pushing FP32 in a big way, etc. etc.) ?

PS. It was great to leave the Internet for a while, kinda like jumping on the wagon.

ack, whenever im away from the net for more than a few hours i get nausea. Anyways, not much of anything has happened hardware wise for the last month or so. At least nothing truely exciting.

epic

Reverend said:
Hey guys, I haven't been visiting the forums (or even the Internet) much. Anyone willing to waste some time bringing me back up to date on all the important stuff (like new good hw, any relevant ramblings by/interviews with John, if Kristof has new fav lipstick color, who has the most posts here, more Nvidiots here or more ATidioits here, whi just lost their virginity, if ATI is now pushing FP32 in a big way, etc. etc.) ?

PS. It was great to leave the Internet for a while, kinda like jumping on the wagon.
Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina.

Rev, I think this thread is a nice summary of recent events. While I don't remember it specifically, it's statistically likely that Kristoff's new favorite is in there somewhere.

:D

epic's right, not much new to report. Even the recent pics of R520 boards and their non-power-of-two-RAM-pairings aren't that exciting given that we've been hearing about a revamped memory bus for a few weeks.

Actually, things have been unbelievably slow hardware-wise for a while now. We expected ATi to show off their new stuff ages ago, but it's been like a carcrash in slow-motion, the only thing that'll make it differ from the NV30 debacle years ago would be if its performance does not suck and it won't run hot and noisy. ;)

Oh, wait... They haven't trumpeted their new chip with lots of lying PR either like Nvidia did. Heh. ;)

I haven't been visiting much either.
I have work to do.

*goes back to coding VERY EFFICIENT genetic algorithm for puzzle*

Reverend said:

Back