Warframe [PS4, XO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've chosen the Loki warframe. I'm not sure if that's good? In fact don't really know if anything I'm doing is good since the game doesn't seem to explain a whole lot. But killing the baddies is easy enough.

It is a ugly game though, and presentation feels low budget. But the basic mechanics are solid enough. So I'll keep playing to see what else the game has to offer.

Loki is considered low powered but with alternate abilities that help it be support class, I think. Like u said, the game doesn't tell u much, I think its a way of getting people to spend money. I bought a Sentinel thinking one can't "find" one, and BoardBonobo has found one making me feel bad for spending money on it :p .

As for the gfx, yes, I too said, "This game looks like ass" when I started playing, but get to Venus and Earth and the gfx keep improving. Mercury is definitely bad looking. ALso, the latest patch made post colour grading very dark for some reason.

WARFRAME: Yes ! Yes! Yes ! My Boltor will be ready in 24 hours :p !!!!

@AlStrong: (or any other mod) Can u please just cut mine and Boardbonobo's conversation here(totally warframe and a lot of it) and just give us a Warframe thread pretty please. If I make one now, all that will get lost in these pages and theres good info for players in there. Its all in one chunbk so shouldn't be a problem, I hope.

The Boltor is awesome. It does a lot pf damage and throws enemies around. I'm currently waiting for my Seer and the last part of the Rhino warframe to be finished. After that it's still going to take another 3 days to assemble it. I'm also working on getting the resources for either Scindo or Galatine.

I've built and swapped over to the Oberon now. Left the M1 Baton behind and have a Karak(28) and Sicarus(22) and Lecta(20).

My Excalibur, Baton, and Cronus are at level 30 so there was very little left to do with them. But I discovered that if you add an Orokin Catalyst to a weapon it doubles the amount of energy points available, but the number of tiles remains the same. It means that you can fully fuse abilities up to their highest value and stack them all on a weapon. One shot kills on most things now (levels 1-15)!

You can do the same thing with your warframe and add a Orokin Reactor to it to double the available energy points. You can add them right at the beginning and get double points with each level up!

And last night I got invited into a Tower I extermination game. Hard as nails but the stuff you get is just amazing!! I've got quite a lot of tower keys now but they all start at level 2 which would be insta death at the moment!

And in the forge I've got the Rhino and Ember warframes cooking!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can finally afford a Sentinel. Dethcude is being build right now. That should greatly increase my damage output.

Just fought the Infected boss Phorid. Good for some rare mods and blueprints of all the parts of the Nyx warframe. I should also be able to do the mastery rank 3 test tomorrow, that and getting 1 more Gallium allows me to build Galatine. I like how you can pick what you want, and then plan towards it.

Update 12 was released yesterday for PC. Among other it has a new warframe called Zephyr. It's an air themed warframe with abilities that let it dive through the air and make tornados. Very cool stuff, and should be great for mobility. Seeing as the PS4 version is at update 11.5 at the moment, it shouldn't take too long for update 12 to come to PS4.

Boltor is awesome ! It sticks the enemies to walls, and even the guy with the riot shield is no problem with this gun :p !

BTW, is Rhino or Oberon worth it? Are they fun to use?What are the special powers which are fun for those?
I love the "pull" of Mag, gets me out of any ANY tight situation. It is so powerfula dn works on ALL enemies around you, clears the area in one button press.

Boltor is awesome ! It sticks the enemies to walls, and even the guy with the riot shield is no problem with this gun :p !

BTW, is Rhino or Oberon worth it? Are they fun to use?What are the special powers which are fun for those?
I love the "pull" of Mag, gets me out of any ANY tight situation. It is so powerfula dn works on ALL enemies around you, clears the area in one button press.

Boltor sounds like the Radial Javelin mod for Excalibur. One of the quickest ways to clear a room ever!

Oberon is OK, not as good as Excailbur in melee but it has Healing capabilities which is very good for you and your squad! The Hallowed Ground ability is fun if you want to make a big opponent explode (those green things that arrive with outbreaks!) and the Reckoning ability picks everything up around you and slams it back onto the ground killing things in the process. That also spawns health pickup. During defense or outbreaks this is very handy!

I'm working on Ember as my next warframe.

My Rhino warframe is being build right now, but it's a 3 days wait. My Loki warframe is at level 30 and not leveling up anymore. Efficiency demands I have my Rhino warframe right now. :devilish:

I chose Rhino because he seems like the complete opposite of Loki. Slow and tanky, instead of fast and but vulnerable.

I'm not really feeling the Seer pistol. It does good damage, but the fire rate and small clip hold it back. Hopefully more levels will improve it.

Galatine is excellent. That thing feels like cheating. One charge attack and 5 things die. Loki being the fastest warframe I am able easily out run the team, and they better be quick if they want to kill things before me.

I filled up all my weapon slots, and I haven't decided if I want spend my platinum on 2 warframe slots, or 1 warframe slot and weapons slots. For now I'm just leveling my starting weapons, and sell those off once I reach level 30.

I really need to find an Orokin catalyst or reactor I want to take on higher level enemies. I've only gotten an alternate helmet for Volt from alerts so far.

Whats a Galatine?

BTW, has anyone found any Aura mods? The one that goes on the first slot from the left, on a Warframe? What do they do? Do they provide special abilities? I haven't found one yet, my Mag is at level 28 now.

Finished my fourth Tower mission last night. Still not progressed passed level 1 attempts though. The pickups you get are extreme to say the least!!

I've noticed that when you fuse mods together to make them more powerful they hit a point when the power bar turns red. If you then fuse the mod with fusion crystals you can push the mod passed the red line to extra power levels!

Got Rhino, Nyx, Ember warframes either building or built now. Takes me up to a total of 5 'frames. Just built some big axe thing but I'm not sure it is my kind of killing tool!

I have lots of keys for Orokin tower mission now, just need to get a group together to raid them.

First impressions on Rhino. Wow he's slow. Loki's regular running speed is faster then Rhino's sprint. But he can take a lot of damage. I know there's a helmet that boosts his running speed at the cost of something else. I'll have to be lucky to get it from the alert missions though.

If you ever want the warframes Volt or Banshee, it might a good idea to try and find and buy their blueprints now. Update 12 will move those to the research labs, possibly making more difficult to acquire.

Whats a Galatine?

BTW, has anyone found any Aura mods? The one that goes on the first slot from the left, on a Warframe? What do they do? Do they provide special abilities? I haven't found one yet, my Mag is at level 28 now.

Galatine is a melee weapon. It's a massive sword. The charge attack does 400 damage without mods.

I haven't found any Aura mods either. Apparently they provide team buffs, and give you more points to spend on mods.

Out of curiosity. Boardbonobo and Cornsnake, how much real money have u spent in the game till now? I spent $7 in the beginning to get the Wrym sentinel as I didn't know these things could be built. But if this game was $30 purchase I would have definitely got it, so $7 feels okay that way. Mow I know that the only money that needs to be spent is on slots for warframes n weapons. Everything else can be built, right?
This game could have easily been sold as a full game, ala Destiny. In fact the gameplay variety is pretty good here and makes me eish Destiny was third person and allowed katana combat !

I have spend a grand total of nothing. This is my first free to play game and I kinda wanted to see how much I could get out of it without spending real money, or getting bored with it. I have to say the game has pleasantly surprised me. I've played for over 30 hours and I'm still enjoying it. According the stats I've only played a 3rd of the levels, so there is still a lot of game left.

The game does make for a very poor salesman though. When I started playing I had no idea what everything was, so no reason to want to buy anything. It's only by checking the wiki and YouTube vidoes that I learned about it. But even now I don't feel like I have to spend anything to keep enjoying the game. Sure I'd prefer not to have wait until something is build, but since I'm getting a great for free I don't really mind.

I like supporting good developers, so I may end up buying something in the future. But if I do spend real money on something, I also like it to work properly. And that's something that can't always be said about Warframe. Disconnects are common, and there is the odd bug. And if I buy like say a warframe, I don't want the developers to come in and "balance" it, i.e. make it worse.

But for now I'm still enjoying myself, and game will constantly be improved upon with updates, all for free. I'll have something to compare it to once games like Destiny arrive.

Actually, if this game wasn't free, I probably would have never tried it in the first place.

I've promised myself that I would spend no more than the price of a full game. So far I've spent £8 on buying platinum so that I could get the Orikin Catalysts\Reactors required to push the mod power limit on weapons and warframes past the 30 point level. My warframes and favourite weapons now max out at 60 points. Makes for some devastating mods!!

I tried Warframe for about 20 mins but it didn't do anything for me. Maybe I need to give it another go.

I was hooked as soon as I realised I could sprint indefinitely by sliding and do devastating combo katana slide attacks ! The smooth movement is so liberating and the fact that its not just shooter. Its Vanquish+Ninjagame+Magical Diablo all rolled in one and with 3 other players in the mix !

Had an encounter with my first Stalker last night. It lasted about 5 seconds :LOL:

It starts with the screen getting corrupted and a voice coming over the speaker telling me revenge for my actions against the Phorid will be taken etc etc. And then an unknown warframe appears in a cloud of smoke holding some really cool custom weapons. Ones that do huge amounts of damage. My oberon has 440 shields and 650 health. One hit hit took out my shields and half my health!! I died pretty quickly :LOL:

The moral is don't get a Deathmark and if you do make sure you've got friends around when the assassin appears!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back