Virtua Tennis 3: PS3 version a little better (IGN)

famitsu VT3 ps3 scan (cant read jap but thats the word on the street)

powersmash01.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2006/08/23/104,1156331378,58917,0,0.html
Whoah for a second I though that was a photo of a real person

Oh brother! This thread is getting a little retarded. One reporter says the PS3 version looks a little better and people are running everywhere stating how Xbox 360 is inferior. Why is it not a single person is saying the obvious? PS3 is the lead SKu and the 360 version is a port of the main dev teams work. It's more than likely that the 360 version is lagging behind in some ways.

I don't get where people are making the connection to the difference being XGPU isn't powerful enough, or doesn't have enough bandwidth, or DVD9 can't provide enough space for this game. I mean seriously, these assumptions are rather silly. I prefer to stick to the most obvious answer, the 360 version isn't the lead sku and it may not have all features the main sku does (yet).

Oh brother! This thread is getting a little retarded. One reporter says the PS3 version looks a little better and people are running everywhere stating how Xbox 360 is inferior. Why is it not a single person is saying the obvious? PS3 is the lead SKu and the 360 version is a port of the main dev teams work. It's more than likely that the 360 version is lagging behind in some ways.

but, there have been people who mentioned that. :LOL:
and btw it was three reporters. not that it makes a difference.

Oh brother! This thread is getting a little retarded. One reporter says the PS3 version looks a little better and people are running everywhere stating how Xbox 360 is inferior.

The most interesting thing is the people who infer that because the ps3 version is looking a bit better than the 360 version that somehow the 360 is hitting some sort of wall or limitation with this very average looking game and the ps3 is breezing through it with room to improve.:LOL:

As others and myself have pointed out, this game is not pushing the graphical limits of next gen and to try and compare this title across ps3 and 360 as some sort of measuring stick for how the systems stack up tech wise is a friggin joke. Especially given the fact that this series was never a tech showcase anyways and was more focused on the gameplay. But some people get a woody when their favorite console is showing any edge over their competition.

There will be cross platform titles which will be on the cutting edge and give us a glimpse into the positives and negatives of ps3 and 360 but this isn't one of em.

Wake me when vt3 is on the shelf so I can have a go with my favorite tennis series.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even when the console game is a port of the arcade game? lol

yeah a port from inferior hardware. if you want to go and argue semantics then go right ahead. You're not adding to this thread by doing this, and I'm not going to continue talking to you if you keep that up.

Last edited by a moderator:

incomparable

that game was a 'toss in-port up'... my guess is the 2 versions of VT will look very similar at release.

the thought that this has ANYthing to do with the hardware is ridiculous.

The most interesting thing is the people who infer that because the ps3 version is looking a bit better than the 360 version that somehow the 360 is hitting some sort of wall or limitation with this very average looking game and the ps3 is breezing through it with room to improve.:LOL:

the most interesting thing is the abundance of 360 titles we've had lately that looked better than the PS3 versions, but most people had the maturity to realize it was just due to development cycles rather than hardware.

Then the second a PS3 game looks like it might be, "slightly" better, here they come out of the woodwork, all but gloating about the superior hardware.

Some people really need to grow up, it's Virtua Tennis, it's not like it is very impressive to begin with!

"Slightly better" isn''t what the original post mentioned though. So there! ;)

All kidding aside...There are two different development teams working on this port. One is star SEGA developer AM2. The other is Sumo Digital which isn't a star SEGA developer. If people are unable to realize this then there is no reason to discuss the topic further. That alone will tell you that there will be differences during the game being ported to different machines. It is that simple really, so leave it at that.

And Virtua Tennis 3 may not look to be the charmer, but I do believe it shall play better than Top Spin 2. And that's all the impressiveness I need.

Now if this thread further continues to babble on about Xbox 360 vs. Playstation 3 then it will be locked.

Nevermind, I retract that statement after having reread the quote and the article again. My apologies for that error.

yeah a port from inferior hardware.

Certainly on the GPU side of things, but I wonder how many developers would pick a Northwood P4 over a 3-core dual-issue/in-order PPC. The Xbox 360 CPU probably has the advantage if you can write code to take full advantage of it.

And Virtua Tennis 3 may not look to be the charmer, but I do believe it shall play better than Top Spin 2. And that's all the impressiveness I need.

I have both Top Spin and Virtua Tennis, and VT is hands down the better game. No comparison. Can't wait for this one.

Back