Virtua Tennis 3 announced for PS3/360

what?

no love for this game? people were all excited a couple of months ago. :???:

Lol, only cause it was 'proof' of 1080p gaming!! Now that it's actually out, and looks average, no one cares anymore...

I've set my 360 to DL the demo, but it never seems to finish, I really wish they would enable BG downloading in Media Centre Extender cause that's where my 360 sits 95% of the time when not in game.

Looking forward to tryin out the demo though, this is a pretty fun party game, or at least in the bars it's fun ;)

Lol, only cause it was 'proof' of 1080p gaming!! Now that it's actually out, and looks average, no one cares anymore...

I've set my 360 to DL the demo, but it never seems to finish, I really wish they would enable BG downloading in Media Centre Extender cause that's where my 360 sits 95% of the time when not in game.

Looking forward to tryin out the demo though, this is a pretty fun party game, or at least in the bars it's fun ;)

Oh man, this game is great. I dl'ed the demo this weekend and what a friggin PITA! VT and VT2 used to be a lot more forgiving. This one, not so much. But I enjoy a good challenge as it makes beating the game that much better. My first 2-game win against that fast running bastard was great! :devilish:

Hopefully they tune the difficulty or enable a range in the full version as my Fiance won't play it at this difficulty level. :cry:

BTW - to those second guessing the visuals; Believe me, It's nice. Mostly based on the animations. The resolution enables these details to be seen and was a good call to go for res/framerate over shader power. Only time this game looks limited is on the cutscenes. When actually playing, the res and frame rate more than make up for it.

Buy.

yea, hopefully when Europe gets their PS3s and everyone is on the same page, we can all then actually appreciate the games that are playable on our machines instead of focusing on the future (pie-in-the-sky games) all the time. :???:

as soon as a game comes out in this forum it drops off the page... where as all of these 2008 release threads go on forever. :devilish: ;)

yea, hopefully when Europe gets their PS3s and everyone is on the same page, we can all then actually appreciate the games that are playable on our machines instead of focusing on the future (pie-in-the-sky games) all the time. :???:

as soon as a game comes out in this forum it drops off the page... where as all of these 2008 release threads go on forever. :devilish: ;)
Welcome to Beyond3D forums. :p
I'll play the demo and post my impressions tomorrow

Maybe cause when the game is out, people are actually playing it instead of writing about it, what they expect of it and all that? Most of the posts here and in all other forums are about people's expectations and dreams. When they have the real thing in their hands, only a few actually take the time to come back here to write about how good the game is. There will be lots of people writing about how bad the game is though.

Welcome to humankind.

Maybe cause when the game is out, people are actually playing it instead of writing about it, what they expect of it and al that? Most of posts here and in all other forums are about people's expectatations and dreams. When they have the real thing in their hands, only a few actually take the time to come back here to write about how good the game is. There will be lots of people writing about how bad the game is though.

Welcome to humankind.

sad but true :cool:

personally, I like to report good news... I even tell someone (or their manager) when they do a good job. Maybe I'm just a glass half full person. ;) oh and as for expectations and dreams, my experience is some people take things way too personally when they aren't as good as expected. that whole "victim" thing.

I just think it's a shame that this games forum seems to be bent around hyping up games and then nobody plays them or discusses them much after they're out. Just move on to hype the next one. I have several posts where I'm the last post in a thread on a released game and nobody bothers to talk about their experience anymore (unless it's bad). :)

Or perhaps many of the people that post about a game before it's released do not own the system that it's out for or do not buy (or actually PLAY) many games but just critique the screens?

edit: for rambling rant ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back