Virtua Fighter 5 Interview - Possibly Headed To 360? *Confirmed!

now that its coming to XB360, doesnt anyone think 360 version will be a lot inferior to ps3 version in terms of content etc??? i experienced how konami treated XB360 by reducing a lot of contents like stadiums and edit mode etc on pro evo 6 compared to ps2 version

If it's going to come out later and be inferior, they'll get reamed in the press and pretty much be wasting their money on a port. I doubt that will be the case.

If it's going to come out later and be inferior, they'll get reamed in the press and pretty much be wasting their money on a port. I doubt that will be the case.

It's not like it's never happened before. Though I agree with you here, there's no reason for this port in particular to be inferior in regards to content. If anything it should be the other way around, since it'll probably be based on a later arcade revision. I can't be sure in regards to performance, but this game shouldn't really be pushing either hardware so I don't think it's gonna be an issue.

I guess DOA online was my imagination. Lag is always going to be an issue, but every game every produced uses some kind of client-side timing (cs does, UMK3 does, DOA does, VF certainly does) and yet we have many online games. Is lag going to be a factor? Yes of course. Unless you are dealing with sub 30ms pings (and any lag comp calibrated to that figure), it is going to be difficult to have a relatively perfect exerience. However, there is no reason why VF online is not possible.

Some games are less affected by lag. Such as racing games, where it's easy to predict where a car will be with the requisite accuracy. Or heaping piles of worthless scatalogicol fluffy fanservice crotchrot like DOA, where few of it's mouth-breathing players know exactly what button they just pressed. Virtua Fighter is more sensitive to lag than.... that.

(...hate to blow the game here, but ^^that's honestly in good humor.)

Some games are less affected by lag. Such as racing games, where it's easy to predict where a car will be with the requisite accuracy. Or heaping piles of worthless scatalogicol fluffy fanservice crotchrot like DOA, where few of it's mouth-breathing players know exactly what button they just pressed. Virtua Fighter is more sensitive to lag than.... that.

(...hate to blow the game here, but ^^that's honestly in good humor.)

Plus, would Sony online even be capable of it? VT3 doesn't have online on PS3 either. But it will on Xbox360.

actually there is still a discrepancy about whether PS3 will include online (regardless of this blurb)

BlimBlim has emailed Sega and said he will have the answer tomorrow as he was told that it would not include it.

Won't have the tournament mode, or no online period? The site says online is in, just tournament mode is exclusive for the 360 while 1080p & sixaxis control is exclusive to ps3.

Won't have the tournament mode, or no online period? The site says online is in, just tournament mode is exclusive for the 360 while 1080p & sixaxis control is exclusive to ps3.

Blim said he heard no online period for PS3.

He will confirm from email. Allegedly Sega did not have time to design the online features/functions to work with PSN.

Blim said he heard no online period for PS3.

He will confirm from email. Allegedly Sega did not have time to design the online features/functions to work with PSN.

I thought that was back during TGS when they said no online. Supposedly they added it later?

I have a hard time believing the "we didn't have enough time" excuse.

Sega had online play in the PS3 version of Full Auto2. So they obviously have experience with the libraries etc. And there are too many other shipping PS3 games that have online functionality built in for me to believe that it was somehow too hard for one of Sega's best dev teams given the amount of time they had.

Hmmm.. I'll try again.

The reason VF has to be precise within 1 frame is not becasue VF players have super human reflexes. It's because throw-counterable instances more often than not hang on single frame advantages and they happen dozens of times every match. Everyone one is a critical point and can potentially end the match. If the consistancy of these points gets compromised, even a little bit, then there would be alot of fallout in terms of game pacing and player balance.

I've already been bigtime wrong once in this thread, and it was good. I would love nothing more than to be bigtime wrong on this. Proper online VF would be simply excellent. A gift from the heavens. But I just don't think it will happen anytime soon because Suzuki is not willing to compromise the gameplay.

Looks like BlimBlim got his answer back, no online it seems. Disappointing imo.
Misleading website to boot.

While this should be in the VT3 thread... you got to be kidding me. IMO they should just delay the product a couple months then to put it in. This rolls into an entirely new discussion of online networks (better to leave them open and let the big guys do their own, because, ya know, they want it that way and only the little guys need the help) but that is better in the VT3 thread. Still in shock...

Back