Vader and Yoda in Soul Calibur 4

iceberg187

Regular
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165334

media-1.jpg

media.jpg

A somewhat bizarre matchup, but also pretty cool (in Darths case). Last Soul Calibur I played was on the DC, so I was kinda looking forward to this even before this little twist.

Oh good god. I'm both appalled and excited!

Here's hoping Yoda is a fast hopper and slow walker a la the Ep 2 Dooku fight.

A. Make Yoda a gymnast like somebody else said.
B. Please have some force power combos (that are balanced of course).

Regardless, this is going to sell millions more now. This is bigger than when they put Link in the GC version of SC2 which caused it to outsell the other two versions.

edit: what the hell? they're putting Vader only in the PS3 version and Yoda in the 360 version. I'd assume somebody would want to try a fight with those two against each other but now that might be impossible outside of arcades. this went from "must have" to "wait and see"

Last edited by a moderator:
edit: what the hell? they're putting Vader only in the PS3 version and Yoda in the 360 version. I'd assume somebody would want to try a fight with those two against each other but now that might be impossible outside of arcades. this went from "must have" to "wait and see"

Ya, I'm not sure I get the logic of that. If yoda can't fight vader, why bother?

There's a rumour that they will each be available as DLC. Motive? Money, of course. AC6 has stacks of DLC, which is turning my off it.

Still, Yoda or Vader are both going to be stacks of fun. Playing with Yoda in Lego Star Wars is a mountain of entertainment due to his crazy jumps and speed. Walking is something of a chore, however.

I'd love to see a well-done Vader, though. In the movies as Vader he's always goofy and slow aside from the odd block, especially compared to the fighting of the later prequels. I know they're different of course, and changed to suit changing technology and whatever... just make him like Anakin. I'd much prefer a Mitsurugi-type swordman to an Asteroth "walloper".

Some alloy that exists in the SW universe and can be used to make swords and armor that resist being cut by lightsabres, whose name I cannot for the life of me remember. It's detailed in the KOTOR games:D

How does a sword stand up to a lightsabre?

Well, first we need to analyze and understand the physics of a light sabre to understand what would exactly happen when it hits a sword :cool:

I would personally consider a light sabre to be a blob of plasma that's surrounded by a very very powerful magnetic field.
Of course, this wouldn't work because magnetic objects in the viscinity would just become deadly projectiles and most likely kill the user upon activation :oops:

Darth Vader = Black = PlayStation
Yoda = Green = XBox

You should already get the picture if you haven't.

In any case Vader > Yoda, IMO!

Well, first we need to analyze and understand the physics of a light sabre to understand what would exactly happen when it hits a sword :cool:

I would personally consider a light sabre to be a blob of plasma that's surrounded by a very very powerful magnetic field.
Of course, this wouldn't work because magnetic objects in the viscinity would just become deadly projectiles and most likely kill the user upon activation :oops:
lol, you actually can ask your mentor how that's possible in the tutorial stages of the game.

if this has the other exclusive character available as a "microtransaction", then I'll consider it. I really hope they don't split them up though.

Back