Ubisoft announces Assassin's Creed (formerly Project Assassin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, you have to go speak to MS to get debug boxes if you didn't bring your own. Essentially they bring a ton of them and lend them out as needed. You have to tell them what game it's for and provide some other information. So i wouldn't be suprised if this was the case.

That musta been fun. "Hello Microsoft Guys. We want to demo out PS3 game. Can we borrow and XB360 devkit?" :D

Yeah they got the most photogenic spokesperson for this game.

She only mentioned PS3 on the video interview.

Isn't Ubisoft doing Splinter Cell as an X360 exclusive (time-exclusive at least)?

Same thing with Rainbow Six Las Vegas right?

She mentions sequels already in mind. They must be planning on it being a smash hit. Can't wait to see more of this game, and learn about the other "secrets" she also mentions.

No way that's gameplay, or even cinematics done in-engine.
First the camera angles are pure cinematics, and the quality is just waaaay beyond there to be in-engine.
The way the clothes move without clipping, the scale, texturing... everything is just too good to be realtime.

wco81 said:

Isn't Ubisoft doing Splinter Cell as an X360 exclusive (time-exclusive at least)?

Assassin Creed and Splinter Cell will be both on xbox360 and PS3.

wco81 said:

As far as I know the reason splinter cell and the other clancy games won't be on PS3 and X360 at the same time is because PS3 won't be out when they plan on releasing them.

Anyone catch the scans from OPM2? They are ingame shots supposedly. Looks very nice imo.
Not very far from the trailer at all. Cant wait to see this running in motion at a high res.

According to Wiki, it actually uses the Unreal Engine ... anyone can confirm that?

Bad_Boy said:
Anyone catch the scans from OPM2? They are ingame shots supposedly. Looks very nice imo.
Not very far from the trailer at all. Cant wait to see this running in motion at a high res.

You know I seen them.;) The game looks great, but I feel like I will have to see it in motion to get the true understanding of how the mechanics are going to work.

It's a timed exclusive. Kinda like the GTA series last gen. Remember you could play GTA: Vice City first on the PS2, then you would have to wait months to play it on the Xbox.

More than likely this is the samething.

mckmas8808 said:
It's a timed exclusive. Kinda like the GTA series last gen. Remember you could play GTA: Vice City first on the PS2, then you would have to wait months to play it on the Xbox.

More than likely this is the samething.

i see, thanks for the reply though.

Nothing has been said of the xbox360 version though.

I know it was kinda announced for xb360 too a year or so ago, but then it was also under different name and that was basically it, a name and some screenshot or two that looked nothing like those released now, apart from maybe that knight in a chain mall closeup.´

Did they change the name of the game so they'd not violate the agreement with MS on that earlier game, so possibly the game Assassins Greed would be only PS3 and xbox would still receive that game announced earlier (whatever it's name was?)

Just makes you wonder. The trailer certainly looks way beyond anything yet shown for xbox360. The PS3 however did show something of almost as high quality, confirmably realtime demos of PS3 games, notably FFXII.
But at the same time I still question whether it was realtime or not. Looking at the trailer I'd say no, but looking at the high res images from that trailer, they do have clear signs of realtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back