Ubisoft announces Assassin's Creed (formerly Project Assassin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
czekon said:
WTF on some internet sides you can find new scans from latest OXM ( i think) with interview with dev about x360 and few new screens from Rainbow six so how it can be ps3 exclusive?? and alair graw sold very well on x360
NOBODY SAID ITS A PS3 EXCLUSIVE GOD DAMN IT :p

No doubt some of the trailer was prerendered ala the bullet in the GRAW trailer. And as said, it is target footage but I guess they will come really close to it...

I suspect this game will be like a recycle of Prince of Persia in terms of the engine, game play and multi-platform versions (PS3/360/PSP/PC).

Last edited by a moderator:
Platon said:
No doubt some of the trailer was prerendered ala the bullet in the GRAW trailer. And as said, it is target footage but I guess they will come really close to it...

If that target footage represents what the game will look like I will piss my pants.

mckmas8808 said:
If that target footage represents what the game will look like I will piss my pants.

The footage where he scales over the wall and sneaks up behind teh guy seems in-game, if you look at the backgrounds and stuff it's not THAT great, it's about on par with other stuff we're seeing.

What really has me interested is the gameplay, looks fun as hell.

scooby_dooby said:
The footage where he scales over the wall and sneaks up behind teh guy seems in-game, if you look at the backgrounds and stuff it's not THAT great, it's about on par with other stuff we're seeing.

What really has me interested is the gameplay, looks fun as hell.

Hold on Scooby I know you didn't really mean this? To me the backgrounds look outstanding. Not CGI outstanding, but "OMG this game could be a 10/10 in the graphics department" outstanding. But yeah I agree that part did look in-game, so I want to believe.

mckmas8808 said:
Hold on Scooby I know you didn't really mean this? To me the backgrounds look outstanding. Not CGI outstanding, but "OMG this game could be a 10/10 in the graphics department" outstanding. But yeah I agree that part did look in-game, so I want to believe.

I dunno..what was so great? The castle walls weren't that amazing, the character model moved really nice, great animation, but it wasn't super high polygon or anything. Maybe I should watch it again ;)

Maybe it's cos the environments are so "different"? When's the last time we saw a game set during the Crusades? No one better answer this with some PC game from 1996...

What kind of rating is 16+?

Never heard of such a thing. I even checked the ESRB and that don't have such a rating listed. M is 17+. Is Ubi just making up their own ratings now?

RancidLunchmeat said:

Never heard of such a thing. I even checked the ESRB and that don't have such a rating listed. M is 17+. Is Ubi just making up their own ratings now?
What does it say in the white box just below the '16+'? ;)

P.s. You can click on the rating image too.

RancidLunchmeat said:

PEGI - European

Cero - Japan

ESRB - North America

Screenshots

instory27ln.jpg

instory16wv.jpg

The new GameInformer has the exclusive.

Game Informer’s June issue has the World Exclusive first look of Ubisoft Montreal’s Assassin’s Creed for the PlayStation 3! The Prince of Persia team switches gears a bit and creates an open world game that takes gamers back into the Third Crusade as an operative of the original Assassins. We’ve played it, and we give you all the details….

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200605/N06.0505.1209.42569.htm

I think it looks quite nifty, I'd be perfectly happy if it shipped looking like that!

In motion, it's true colours are revealed, apparently. There were rave reports coming out of GDC about the prototype they were showing.

But I honestly think it looks pretty amazing as is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't understand why so many people keep on raving about Ubi Soft early videos and/or screenshots for their new games...
I mean, how many time do they need to fool them before they're starting to see a certain pattern going on.

The best thing to do is to wait until they start releasing real media (SSAA for the screenshots aside, since most publishers do that anyway) or until the press start capturing their own media.

And, yeah the screeshots don't look impressive at all, especially compared to the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back