Ubisoft announces Assassin's Creed (formerly Project Assassin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
porting is just too expensive with such advanced hardware which is much more different than last generation.
This what Phil Harrison said about the same issue:
That said, I think that with some exceptions, first party will probably be the majority of the exclusives on PlayStation 3. It's just the reality of the world that we live in.
I think what he was trying to say is that making exclusives today is not profitable - making a port is relatively cheap compared to making a whole new game for another platform.

So I think that we will see the game launching on the same day on both platfom eventually.:) But we'd better talked about the game itself - a bunch of new screens were released yesterday. They are really cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
scooby_dooby said:
They would not announce it for the same reason EA did not announce the 360 version of fight night, MONEY. Can you not grasp this?

Sony has shown this precedent before, so none of your arguments hold any weight whatsover. They've done it before, they can do it again, and this situation looks VERY familiar.

No. Sony did never announce FN3 as a PS3 exclusive. They showcased it at E3 as a tech demo, nothing about the game itself (did they even mention the name?).

In fact it was listed as multiplatform long before last years E3.

scooby_dooby said:
Give me a break, check most E3 awards and this was PS3's game of show. Let me ask you this, how good do you think Sony's E3 showing would have been if Mercenaries and AC were both announced as 360 titles as well? The answer is very, very poor.

Of course they're not hyping it as an exclusive, if they said it, it would have to be true. That's the entire point, give the perception of an exclusive without ever saying it.

Shifty - The game is getting the same level of advertising it would already, like I said the huge spread in GI, many hands on reports at E3, this game is being hyped to the max and it's not costing Ubi anything at all.
Wow scooby, you have lost all respect from me sir. The fact that you cant see the difference between the too is sad. Ubisoft =! Sony. Where was AC in sony's presentation? where was AC on sony's showroom floor? when were the words Assassin's Creed uttered out of any Sony Exec's mouth? Like I said Ubisoft is the only hyping AC. And I firmly stand by that. If you cant see that your blind! Ubisoft is the one who did the dozens of interviews for AC on every gaming website and magazine. Ubisoft is the one who showed AC behind closed doors. Ubisoft is the one spraying PR about AC, not sony. Just because its getting the same amount of press as other high ps3 titles doesnt mean Sony is hyping it. Sony is more over hyping Eye of Judgement, Warhawk, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Getaway, FNR3, MGS4, ETC. With your logic I bet Spore is being hyped by Gabe Newell. Or even Microsoft themselves since they teasered it at X05. Like TheChefO said, if it were exclusive sony would probably be singing at the top of their lungs, infact it's quite the opposite. They really havent mentioned it much at all.

The fact that you bring up merc's 2 being hyped by sony as well is kinda strange, when it really wasnt even at e3, just behind closed door stuff IIRC.
Of course they're not hyping it as an exclusive
They are not hyping it, at all. Why does everything have to be selective reading, conspiracy theory, behind closed doors, and under the table deals with you? You think sony planted those awards on all those gaming sites or something? lol Be realistic. The game is getting awards because its actually turning out to be a great looking game. Not because sony is hyping it. If anything, the game is creating its own hype.

scooby_dooby, please read.

hype;
-Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion.
-Exaggerated or extravagant claims made especially in advertising or promotional material:
-An advertising or promotional ploy.
-Something deliberately misleading; a deception:

I'm done posting on this redundant matter. It's really too simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back