Ubisoft announces Assassin's Creed (formerly Project Assassin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheChefO said:
Make sense?
Yes. I think the 'issue' is what exactly people mean by exclusive. For me, if it's not out on any other platform, it's exclusive. It stops being exclusive when available for another platform. So a comment from a source saying 'it's only coming out on this platform' isn't needed to warrant exclusive status.
expletive said:
Certainly developers at E3 saying it would be on 360, and 360 controllers being used for the demo at E3, is more than enough evidence to believe it *might*.
Yes, and I always said it might be coming to XB360. But anyone saying 'this game is also coming to XB360' is jumping the gun. I only recall MS sources saying the game would be on XB360/was running on XB360. Just rechecked the thread and there is suggestion from Ubisoft employees that it might be in production for XB360, which is a little different. But that's still uncertain. Projects get caned left, right and centre.

Anyway, there's really not much point in clogging up an Assassin's Creed thread with banter about is it or is it not coming to XB360 when the cards, as we have them, are all on the table. The actual game (regardless of which platform it's running on ;) ) does look very nice graphically and is a different setting, something unusual. Will be interesting what comes of it. Not really my cup of tea.

Arwin said:
Yeah, Timed Exclusives are all the rage these days.

I suspect that ideally developers would make the game for the highest spec console first, and then make the version for the lower spec, which requires more time optimising. It may seem unfair to the lower spec console to get the games later
oh you mean like how Splinter Cell is being made on X360 first and will eventually come to PS3 even though there is no announcement? ;)

wow thanks for the screenshots. looks pretty. and gritty too! way nicer than the oversatured colors of pop series :D!!!

edit: Does the horse scene remind anyone else of Oblivion with the saturation turned down? Scratch that, polygons, textures are all better. Looks nice. The sword fight in the market has a distinct cg quality to it. I can say that after seeing this I dont doubt that this gen in game graphics will reach/exceed much of the fmv/cg from last gen games. There will be some things, like hair (FFX girl), that will be out of reach, but I think it will be similar enough that outside a few blemishes it will be there. Lighting for one, I believe will come very close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tap In said:
oh you mean like how Splinter Cell is being made on X360 first and will eventually come to PS3 even though there is no announcement? ;)

Yeah it's funny how devs are doing that now.

Xbox 360 gets SC: DA
PS3 Assassin's Creed

Who got the better game? Who's the winner? PS3 or 360?

mckmas8808 said:

PS3 Assassin's Creed

We (gamers) are...eventually :D

Boomtown - A couple of dead guards and target later our guide turned on his heels and sought to run away from pursuing guards. It was at this point we had an excellent demonstration of the game's physics engine and destructible environments. Altair chopped through a wooden support pillar as he ran passed it and the whole wooden structure was brought down, blocking the alleyway in front of the pursuing guardsmen.

The escape wasn't totally successful and a few minutes later Altair was overwhelmed by guardsmen and slain. It was here that we were given a sneak peak at a very different aspect of the game. Pre-show information made it sound like Assassin's Creed was an entirely historical game. However following Altair's death we are treated to a vision of a more high-tech reality that hints at a science-fiction or time travel theme in the game. Ubisoft clearly wanted to tease us with this snippet at E3 but isn't saying anything else about this aspect of the game.
The physics and destructible environment features sound great. I'm also intrigued by the sci-fi aspect of the game; a bit of a surprise.

-aldo

I believe there was a trailer last year that sort of gave the 'sci-fi' angle away. I wont spoil it but people can probably google it up if they wish. I dont recall what the game may have been called at that time.

Shifty Geezer said:
Yes, and I always said it might be coming to XB360. But anyone saying 'this game is also coming to XB360' is jumping the gun. I only recall MS sources saying the game would be on XB360/was running on XB360. Just rechecked the thread and there is suggestion from Ubisoft employees that it might be in production for XB360, which is a little different. But that's still uncertain. Projects get caned left, right and centre.

K, we're cool. :)

mckmas8808 said:

PS3 Assassin's Creed

We dont really know that though. SC: DA is coming out before the PS3, theres no way it cant be 'next gen' exclusive to the 360.

Last edited by a moderator:
When's the last time Ubisoft made a completely exclusive game? Basically they don't do that. This game will hit X360, just like SC: DA will hit PS3.

Johnny Awesome said:
When's the last time Ubisoft made a completely exclusive game? Basically they don't do that. This game will hit X360, just like SC: DA will hit PS3.

hmm - good point - unless Sony thinks its a system seller and pays them handsomely for it.

Johnny Awesome said:

Of course it will. There's a reason the word exclusive did not appear in the press release, and P. Moore stated it was an upcoming 360 title at X05 (granted that is a while ago)

Tap In said:

Didn't I say something about 360 games that are also aimed at PC? ;) But yeah, basically that's just what I mean. ;) Obviously there are other factors as well, mind you, such as the PS already getting MGS and such was for Splinter Cell. And of course there are dealings going on with Microsoft and Sony 'stimulating' exclusives, timed-exclusives, or even 'make-it-sound-like-exclusives'. ;)

I just think that if I were a developer, I'd prefer to start development on the more capable platform. My own software also always gets better with time or with translation to another platform. Just seems sensible.

Word on the street is this game could be a one year exclusive for Sony. And as of now since seeing the game Sony is trying to make it completly exclusive.

But MS is putting up a hard fight trying to keep it a timed exclusive.

Shifty Geezer said:
The actual game (regardless of which platform it's running on ;) ) does look very nice graphically and is a different setting, something unusual. Will be interesting what comes of it. Not really my cup of tea.

There is more to this game than what meets the eye. Read the bellow

IGN said:
Strangely, as he takes damage, the screen starts to distort. And when he finally dies, the screen fades out entirely, to reveal...a computer heads-up display. System offline. What...the...

The futuristic twist to Assassin's Creed is a mind-boggling highlight to an amazing first showing.

Over at 1UP one of the guys on the podcast who saw the demo at e3 suggested that the player character is actually in somekind of mental institution. And the player only thinks he is an Assassin. But I think it's more likely that there is some kind of time travel/rewrite history thing going on.

And besides that, the game takes place during an interesing historical time and is set in the city of Jerusalem. I think that even if it was not gorgeous looking, this game has a lot going for it

TheChefO said:
hmm - good point - unless Sony thinks its a system seller and pays them handsomely for it.

a console maker NEVER give monney to get exclusivity.Thats 's a fanclub myth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back