Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Teaser

Agreed. I hope Transformers delivers the goods, or at least constant action.

It does this to the nth degree. Every other beat is a chase / fight / explosion scene. It's actually quite shocking how much action is actually in the film.

Can't wait to see this at the Imax with 4mins of extra robot on robot violence!

It's about 2 mins. But, yes, it is worth it. Infact, its one of the best bits of the film. I pity the non-IMAX crowd.

Devastator testicles.

One of the low points, humour-wise.

SPOILER FREE REVIEW:

If you DID NOT like the first film, you WILL NOT like the second film. It has no further redeeming qualities. Saying that, if, like me, you liked (loved, in my case) the first film for its humour, Megan Fox, visuals, robots kicking each other, music, Megan Fox and Megan Fox, you will not be disappointed. Just like the first, its full of bits that are utter crap, surrounded by larger bits that are utterly awesome.

Its bigger, about the same level of dumbness, definitely badder. IMO its awesome. Im not looking for a moving story filled with nuance and twists, I can get that from other films. What I cant get from those other films are 30 ft robots destroying just about everything in sight, explosions up the ying yang, Megan Fox and a rail gun (yeah).

John Reynolds will whinge about this film, if he even goes to see it, because I think hes lost the little boy in his soul. :cry: For everyone else who geeks out on OTT CGI and stupidly hot girls, I heartly recommend it. Infact, I already have IMAX tickets for two more nights next week.

John Reynolds will whinge about this film, if he even goes to see it, because I think hes lost the little boy in his soul.

LOL I enjoyed the first Transformers, plan on driving about 40 minutes to see the sequel at an IMAX. So I got your little boy hanging 'twixt the fork of my legs, bitch. :cool:

Came out in UK last Friday on general release, with IMAX a day later on Saturday. I was at the first IMAX showing in Manchester.

I can't believe that they are not going to show Transformers 2 IMAX version here as scheduled, citing some sort of "scheduling problem." Now I have to consider whether to just go watching a normal version as the original schedule, or wait for the IMAX version...

Pcchen, the problem was that they didnt get the IMAX version sorted in very very late (like the end of last week) due to the addition of the extra fight scene. I think only the UK got the IMAX version "early" but it was still a day later here.

Going to watch it today at the Imax! Its been awhile though. Hopefully it will be good :D

The last time was when i watched 300 on Imax. That was epic.

In a way it's good that IMAX is destroying it's brand power ... that opens up space for a new high end format. Something like 80 FPS (leaves room for stereo) at the original IMAX 1:1.44 ratio with at least 4K resolution would be nice.

PS. hmmm, Sony's 4K projectors can do 60P and do simultaneous stereo by simply splitting up the projector output ... that's actually pretty close. A whole lot better than IMAX digital at any rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome action scenes, disliked most of the humour,
didn't like the twins autobots
. Megan Fox can't act. yada yada.
Fallen scenes felt awkward somehow, especially the Cybertron part... I dunno, felt too forced

The only part I laughed at was
the washroom and taser scene.
A bit ridiculous, but damn. :LOL:

I wanted to like Jetfire, but the crankie Aussie was a bit much for me.

Bleh, summer blockbusters.

Back