Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Teaser

I have been hearing more and more about hos this movie was not appropriate for kids and how astounded some people were t osee the number of kids at the movie theater...I wouldnt know since I have not seen that movie yet.

I wouldn't take a kid under 10 to see it. The language from the blatantly racist stereotyping twin 'bots that added absolutely nothing of value to the movie is enough to keep kids out of the theater.

I wouldn't take a kid under 10 to see it. The language from the blatantly racist stereotyping twin 'bots that added absolutely nothing of value to the movie is enough to keep kids out of the theater.

Yeah I am not so sure what is up trying to make stuff ridiculously over the top. While I know I am going to enjoy this movie, I kind of get the feeling that it would have been a bit better experience if shit like that got left out.

The language from the blatantly racist stereotyping twin 'bots that added absolutely nothing of value to the movie is enough to keep kids out of the theater.
Actually, I thought those twin bot's banter was pretty funny. Sure, they talked like typical street gang members, but it was clearly done for humorous dialog purposes. "Blatantly racist stereotyping" is a bit too harsh a description IMO.

Yeah, their chimpanzee-like facial features were a hoot. Only thing missing was maybe either one of them chompin' on some fried chicken or a slice of watermelon.

Finally saw it last night. Didn't see the IMAX version because our crew is dysfunctional but still it was good fun.

If you liked the first movie, you'll like this.

If you didn't, you'll dislike this even more as it's 2.5hours of the first movie!

The robot scenes were great as usual but there was some things that could have been cut out to make it shorter and tighter.

the college sequence and the roommate was mainly useless, I thought. Megan Fox got poor lines and she executed them just as poorly. The other Decepticon girl had was even worse.
Outside of those issues, I look forward to watching it again on BR and a sequel.

I was happy with it overall. Not deep by ANY stretch by it's the textbook summer blockbuster popcorn flick.

What was the movie's budget again :?:

Roughly US$200m. Of course, it should be noted that normally the studio can "only" get about half of the total box office revenue. So they need at least about US$400m to "break even." They will certainly reach (far beyond) that point, IMO. (worldwide they are already near that point at US$380m)

Without disclosing any spoilers to me did the movie end with the idea that there will def be a Transformers 3 - Return of The Autobots :LOL:

Except for the usual housewives&kids bits, I really enjoyed it. The action was just what the doctor ordered.

Roughly US$200m. Of course, it should be noted that normally the studio can "only" get about half of the total box office revenue. So they need at least about US$400m to "break even." They will certainly reach (far beyond) that point, IMO. (worldwide they are already near that point at US$380m)

Thanks. :)

Without disclosing any spoilers to me did the movie end with the idea that there will def be a Transformers 3 - Return of The Autobots :LOL:

There's definitely room for stand alone sequels. Well... there were no cliffhangers, but it's not like the decepticons were wiped out.

Be interesting to see what the next few weeks bring in, if word of mouth hurts or not (basically everyone I know in real life hated it, even a 30yo guy I work with who played with Transformers figurines as a kid).

I saw it and I enjoyed it at the IMAX. Had the best seats there too hehe.

Megan Fox was super hawt. So was that other chick...and lets see the fights were incredible. There were a lot of oohs and aahs in the theater. It could have been trimmed about 30 min I think without having any of that useless Sam's mom crap.

Disappointed at some of the way some of the autobots and decepticons had such a small amount of screen time. I also thought that other dude who got introduced into this movie was annoying as heck. If those pieces were taken out it would have been even more awesome. I still like the first one a bit better I guess because of the not knowing what direction the movie is going factor...this one we already knew sorta that ok these are the transformers etc etc. Also needed more Sgt Lenox and his people screen time just like in the first movie. etc etc etc I am gonna go see it again of course ;)

Just cos someone drops the F-bomb about a BILLION times while sitting in their bedroom at their parents house, does not a funny make.

Also, Transformers 1 was absolutely awesome (TF2 wasn't as good, but still great) so they fail at that too.

It's not the f-bombs that make it funny. It's how horrible the movie is that makes it funny. The review isn't even suppose to be funny, it's just someone really pissed off after seeing the movie.

Video review. Hilarious and worth a watch. That's 3 minutes to get started, but good stuff.

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/2009/06/25/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-review/?cp=55#comments

I watched the whole thing and I must say that I agree with 90 % of what they said. The movie is a mess in most ways, but I was able to turn my brain off and enjoy the robot fighting scenes :) Still I can't blame anyone for hating it, because the movie really has sooo much garbage in it.

Back