Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Teaser

God damn those trailers look AWESOME! This movie is gonna be epic I think.

I was very impressed with the first movie (I knew nothing of the Transformers universe beforehand). The robot action sequences looked totally believable to me. I only wish there were more of them. I think my favorite was when the human soldiers battled that scorpion looking thing in the desert. But the Optimus Prime battle under the freeway was badass too. I just wish OP put up a better fight against Megatron (I think that was the evil transformer's name).

Where's the link you lazy BASTARD!

:smile:

http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/13240875/standardformat

Hd also available behind the link.

I updated the OP. Maybe if you weren't lazy enough you would have noticed! ;)

It seems that there are two large transformers in the movie. The one driven by one wheel, and the other which seems to have some sort of a giant vaccum cleaner as its mouth. :LOL: I guess one of these is the devestator, a transformer formed by 7 constucticons (mini transformers).

It looks like megatron is back, plus the double blade OP! looks pretty badass. Waiting for this movie just got a whole lot difficult now.. June 24th is ~2 months away!

You've also got to remember that making CGI of this quality is expensive
Really? Wouldn't it be more efficient to let me watch it then instead of simulating an epileptic camera man having a seizure?

I don't care how nice the trailers look, I'm watching a pirated version of this one to claw back the money they got from me for the first one.

PS. they put fucking Torturro back in? What the hell? (The character in the first movie was not really his fault, but still ... what the hell?)

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that there are two large transformers in the movie. The one driven by one wheel, and the other which seems to have some sort of a giant vaccum cleaner as its mouth. :LOL: I guess one of these is the devestator, a transformer formed by 7 constucticons (mini transformers).

I think the one with the big wheel is one of the construticons and thus one part of the Devastator. The one sucking up dirt is the Devastator.

God damn those trailers look AWESOME! This movie is gonna be epic I think.

I was very impressed with the first movie (I knew nothing of the Transformers universe beforehand). The robot action sequences looked totally believable to me. I only wish there were more of them. I think my favorite was when the human soldiers battled that scorpion looking thing in the desert. But the Optimus Prime battle under the freeway was badass too. I just wish OP put up a better fight against Megatron (I think that was the evil transformer's name).

That would be his name.

To be fair, Megatron was something of a mechanical harbinger of doom. He massively outpowered just about every Transformers, according to what was said in the movie.

That follows a general theme in Transformers fiction, FWIW. Megatron is often one of the most powerful Transformers period.

Oh. I thought OP and Megatron were more or less equal, which is why it was dissappointing to see him get bitch slapped by Megatron. So basically then the Autobots' only hope is gang up on him?

Oh. I thought OP and Megatron were more or less equal, which is why it was dissappointing to see him get bitch slapped by Megatron. So basically then the Autobots' only hope is gang up on him?

Depending on the series, yes or no. In the first, Megatron was supposedly equal to Prime, but because of the writing Prime regularly bitchslapped Megatron, culminating in Prime point blank slapping nearly the entire Decepticon silly within a span of less than five minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXG_zG2SEaw

Though, to be fair, the decepticons had been pretty much winning that battle up until then.

Also, that clip will make you get goosebumps whenever you hear that song if you've seen the movie it's from a lot since childhood. :oops:

In Beast Wars, his power level was about the same up until the third season, but Megatron was a fucking genius who at one point nearly undid time itself. O_O

In the current one(Animated), Megatron is much like the movie one, only much smarter. Beating him in pure combat would be due to strategy. Ganging up on him won't work unless it's 20 to one. In that series, Decepticons are supposed to be much more powerful than Autobots with few exceptions(Such as one transformer who is so big his non-robot mode serves as a space ship to the main Autobot cast in the beginning of the show). Almost all fights won by the Autobots in that series are because of outthinking their opponent.

Megatron was always more powerful than Optimus. Well, not more powerful, but Prime always held back, cos he was the goody.

Check the original cartoon movie. Megatron lives / Prime dies. All through the comics, Megatron is always said to be one of the most powerful robots ever.

That being said - I just pee'd a little at this latest trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Megatron was always more powerful than Optimus. Well, not more powerful, but always held back, cos he was the goody.

Check the original cartoon movie. Megatron lives / Prime dies. All through the comics, Megatron is always said to be one of the most powerful robots ever.

That being said - I just pee'd a little at this latest trailer.

Megatron lived just barely. He very well could have died on the way back to Cybertron had he not been tossed off. Despite what the scene shows(Damn you poor writing!), he was nearly as damaged as Prime. If he hadn't been tossed off and turned into Galvatron...

As for him being more powerful, it really depends on the series. it's generally held to be true in the various US and UK comics, but as I mentioned before in BW he was for the most part equal with Primal.

Some of the "comedy" moments were rather unfunny in the trailer, but atleast the action seemed to be great and it appears there is more battles between Transformers in the sequel. I'll definately go see this in the theaters, but right now I'm a bit more excited of the new Trek film.

Watched the Transformers movie and had to force myself through the whole showing.

I hope the second is better... it will be quite a feat of utter geniality if it is worse but I know if anyone can, Hollywood can! :LOL:

Back