Time travel

weaksauce

Regular
A thought just hit me.

I was thinking about how the universe changes. I don't know this well, but like after big bang, lets say it had the form of matter and anti-matter. This can be the "A" stage. Then that collapsed or whatever and became photons, so the universe is now a lot of photons and that can be "B", then the universe was of something else, I don't know what but lets just say gas, "C", then stars, planets and some primitive life, "D", and then some more advanced life "E" and then...

Anyhow, point is it has different forms, or stages, through time. And so I'm thinking this is how the multiverse thingy might go. Distance doesn't separate different universes, but time.

Because the timeline for the stages don't look like this: A B C D E...
But like this:
A
B
C
D
E

And A B C D E .. are all different universes. The universe A did not become B, first there was A, then there was B.

Because if you think about it, 18th century exists, in the 18th century. Every past moment, exist in the past moment, and every time right now there is a new right now. Like frames in a movie.

And so this is kind of the thing I'm thinking, that in the future if were gonna travel to another unviverse, we're gonna travel through time and not through space.

And, if we'll meet aliens in other universuses, obviously it's gonna be us. Maybe in different forms, stages. (this makes even more sense when the universe is what there is, and we are it.)

Then you can ask the question why the future We haven't met our now We. And this is whats tricky with time, I mean, we have to come to that stage, the may-be timetravel stage, before we can do it.

Know I've kind of become hang up on the Deja Vu movie. I mean he went back through time, and so at one time, there was two Denzel Washngtons, at the same place and time. Doesn't this break the principle of energy?
But, this all makes sense if you look at a different point in time like different universes, because he went from one universe to another, the universe he went from lost a Denzel, and the other one gained one, so there's still the same amount of matter. You see?
This all proves it and I am genious.

It's interesting to talk about this I think. You know like the fourth and fifth dimension, how does that work? If I step out of this 3D moment, and se myself in 4D, I'll se my whole life reaching out to the future and to the past from this point. And I am constantly moving into "new" MEs. I can se what I am going to do the next moment, next week, year, and all the way till I'm dead. So it looks like I am destined to all this.
But in the fifth, I somehow am not. Because there the fourth dimension line, the birth-to-death line of me, is branching out, and these are my options. So I am crawling through a curved line, making choices of my own, and I am not destined at all. Like how does that work?

Also how arbitrary is "reality"? I mean, at first I thought that every particles position is defenite. Forces, "laws", totally control this particle and the position it has is the only possible, that's why it has it. And it makes sense all the way up to the forth dimension, with the destiny thing and all. I mean, why are you reading this? Because this is the only possiblity. Since there is no randomness, everything follows the laws, exactly the way they are. There are no free choices, only cause and effect under the laws of physics. And so life appearing and evolving, was already determined at the beginning of it all, because every specific cause leads to a specific effect wich in turn is the next cause, and theoretically, you could calculate it. In this view, the fourth dimension makes perfect sense. And so when you think why the laws of physics are as they are, you get the answer that this universe is one of all the possible other. You'll be thinking there are other universes in other rooms with other properties. I mean it makes if you think there is an infinite amount of universes, all with different properties, and you're just one of them. But it doesn't make sense for the fifth dimension. Why have branches of choices if there's only one way to go?

But, then I read the particles are moving or vibrating in an arbitrary motion, it's only partly affected by the forces that movie it, and so the position is not fully defenite. So it's just partly positioned by the laws, and partly it is arbitrary. If you we're to calculate this, you wouldn't get the exact future as the real one.

Nothing can be permanent. So maybe all the particle will change stage too sometime, and have different properties. Just take the crunch theory as a example. Lets say all matter will cruch and explode again, a new big bang, a new universe, "F", new properties, new life, totally different. But still the same. And you can go to it, if you travel through time.

Something that amuses me, moreso, is that it seems (to me) that both distance and time separate other universes. Think about it for just a second - Lets say space doesn't "end" beyond the Hubble limmit, and that it's simply a matter of never actually being able to see anything out there, and that if you go far enough, there's a spot where matter from another "big bang" has condensed down into a universe that looks remarkably similar to this universe, circa 1800 (and consequently all temporal versions of the universe are accounted for at a distance). That's miltiversality at a distance... At the same time, our own universe has passed through innumerable iterations throughout time, which are accountable for from a different dimension - In three dimensions there's a universe like like it was in 1800, but temporally, lets say if we dig down through the layers of time - There's another one, not separated by a distance, but by units in time. Now that we have that determined - there's divergent timelines to think about. Every immeasurably small fraction of time changes reality, and every possibility must be accounted for, so every conceivable version of every time must be accounted for - The generic "one in which Hitler won WWII", the generic "one in which Kennedy was never assassinated", so on and so forth, AND their futures and pasts along with them (though their pasts may return to one single point in temporality).

I could go on all night, but it gets very confusing.

Something that amuses me, moreso, is that it seems (to me) that both distance and time separate other universes. Think about it for just a second - Lets say space doesn't "end" beyond the Hubble limmit, and that it's simply a matter of never actually being able to see anything out there, and that if you go far enough, there's a spot where matter from another "big bang" has condensed down into a universe that looks remarkably similar to this universe, circa 1800 (and consequently all temporal versions of the universe are accounted for at a distance). That's miltiversality at a distance... At the same time, our own universe has passed through innumerable iterations throughout time, which are accountable for from a different dimension - In three dimensions there's a universe like like it was in 1800, but temporally, lets say if we dig down through the layers of time - There's another one, not separated by a distance, but by units in time. Now that we have that determined - there's divergent timelines to think about. Every immeasurably small fraction of time changes reality, and every possibility must be accounted for, so every conceivable version of every time must be accounted for - The generic "one in which Hitler won WWII", the generic "one in which Kennedy was never assassinated", so on and so forth, AND their futures and pasts along with them (though their pasts may return to one single point in temporality).

I could go on all night, but it gets very confusing.

Space ending is also someting I've thought about. Like, lets say the outer stars in this universe send out light into to the endless emptyness, it will just continue forever in lightspeed into nothing and eventuall we will lose all energy in the form of light that way?
But I find the spherical space to have more sense actually, imagine that we only percive it as flat, like a map, but it's actually bent over a sphere. Because if you cross the world map, you'll end up at the same place you started from. And so that's space. And also, any point on the surface of a sphere can be considered the center of it.
You might think this sound like a small universe, just this spherical space, but, like I said, time separates universes, not distance. Instead of going long enough to some other, you 'wait' long enough for the universe to become like the one you would travel to, but since you're traveling through time, you don't wait so long.
And here's another thing instead of space, time is infinite. All possible universes are contined in infinite time. For example, this universe is 13.7 billion years old, so lets say 20billion years ago, at the same place, somehow, there was another universe. So travelling there, through time, would be the same as travelling there through space if it was flat. And so I'm imagining we'll have tese time-highways between universes in the future. :D
Maybe there are :p

Also, I wonder if you had a tunnel right through this sphere to the other side, you could go through it? But it wouldn't seem like tunnel but like a port, because you can only travel through space, and supposodely, there's no space in it.

Do you mean that if I could travel in a second long enough, I could come to a universe that is like this universe was in 1800? Will this be the exact same 1800 or an alternative?

divergent time lines, how does that work? Lets say, I write (C). Of all possible characters, I chose to put I C in paranthesis. Do you mean to say that there's a universe, seperated by divergent timelines, for every possible choice I could have made?

I could imagine that, but wouldn't that equal a lot of mass? I mean there's a whole other universe for every action that could have been different? Maybe I should see mass differently?

Back