The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt revealed

I think another update out ....

The Witcher 3: Game Plus mode and Patch 1.08.2 (Update)

Update: Meanwhile, the missing game plus mode for PC and PS4 was published. The 6-Mbyte DLC is available, inter alia, at GOG and Steam. In addition, we have spotted on the GoG servers to patch 1.08.2, which is approximately 2 GB in size.
With the "New Game Plus' mode, the developer supports the desire of many fans who wanted to play the game again, but without losing all the experience points, items and recipes. That's what the "New Game Plus" mode brings. In return, however, the opponents will be much stronger.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-W...dus-auf-der-Xbox-One-veroeffentlicht-1168234/

Last edited:
With the "New Game Plus' mode, the developer supports the desire of many fans who wanted to play the game again, but without losing all the experience points, items and recipes. That's what the "New Game Plus" mode brings. In return, however, the opponents will be much stronger.
I still have a ton of mopping up to do in my completed game but I'm feeling more inclined to start a new game+ and do the bit I missed on my second playthrough.

Achievements are fundamentally fucked since the 1.08 update. Tried the shrieker and a different achievement again but nothing is unlocking.

Great.

I also hate how I already got the difficulty achievement without completing the game. Might as well drop to a lower difficulty now and make my life easier.

just got to the battle with dickstra. what a weird battle.

1. dickstra is not limp in battle
2. dickstra is not the kind of people to play loosing battle. He know THE GOD ALMIGHTY Geralt The Always-win is there... why he practically done suicide batt.e

Last edited:
Not worth making a separate thread but could someone with The Witcher 2
export the registry entries to a file and post the contents here
Thanks...

just got to the battle with dickstra. what a weird battle.

1. dickstra is not limp in battle
2. dickstra is not the kind of people to play loosing battle. He know THE GOD ALMIGHTY Geralt The Always-win is there... why he practically done suicide batt.e

:yep2:
There was the most nonsensical part of the Witcher 3's plot line for me. Dijkstra knows Geralt of old, knows that he's killed hundreds/thousands of men, knows he kills monsters for breakfast but think he can beat Geralt & co with a few bozos.

It was absurd.

Witcher 3 - New Patch 1.08.3
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been updated to 1.08.3
(1.02+ - 1.08.3) Setup 2.0.0.38

Changelog:
Patch 1.08.3 (24.08.2015)
•Introduces a retro-active fix to some of the achievements that were amended in the patch 1.08. This time for real.

http://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/witcher_3_new_patch_1083

Best read comments before installing as some are still having problems with achievements.

Last edited:
Details on the new expansion "Hearts of Stone" were released!

Quoated from GoG:

Hearts of Stone is the first official expansion pack for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- an award-winning role-playing game set in a vast fantasy open world.

Some monsters are born, others are made.

Hired by the Merchant of Mirrors, Geralt is tasked with overcoming Olgierd von Everec -- a ruthless bandit captain enchanted with the power of immortality.

Step again into the shoes of Geralt of Rivia, a professional monster slayer, this time hired to defeat a ruthless bandit captain, Olgierd von Everec, a man who possesses the power of immortality. This expansion to “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” packs over 10 hours of new adventures, introducing new characters, powerful monsters, unique romance and a brand new storyline shaped by your choices.
  • Defeat your foes using a variety of new weapons and enchanted artifacts.
  • Level up even further by fulfilling new monster contracts and battling unique enemies.
  • Enjoy some leisure time playing with new gwent cards, or engage in a new romantic relationship.
  • Fulfill a contract for the soul-stealing Merchant of Mirrors, a mysterious traveller who helped you find Yennefer.
  • Fulfill three impossible tasks to defeat Olgierd, a ruthless bandit captain under an immortality spell.
  • Choose your own way through an adventure that includes recruiting a crew of break-in artists, spending a night partying with a ghost and outsmarting the most bizarre creatures Geralt has ever faced.
Shani is back!

Super hi-rez trailer/screen grabs:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_the_witcher_3_hearts_of_stone_teased-17088_en.html

The CD PROJEKT Group summarizes the first half of 2015 and the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. In the video CEO Adam Kicinski discloses that total budget for the RPG sequel including marketing costs was 306 million zloty, which is about $81 million in U.S. dollars. This resulted in a net profit in their latest financial period of 236 million zloty ($62.5 million).

Where do I go to convert my Zloty into Crowns? :)

Great game, glad to see there's every incentive for those developers to keep creating.

Oh f..... I hate Gwent right now. Who thought it would be a good idea to have cards that can call a whole bunch of other cards in your deck? It's fucking ridiculous that I have to play against somebody that can use like 50+ cards in a game because of that (blacksmith in Oxenford).

It's just impossible to win. Yeah maybe when you get better cards... but there hardly are any places to get cards (I'm still at the bloody Baron quest, even though I'm almost level 13 now... so many side quests and places to check out). I could come back later... except there is no way I'm going to remember.

Other than that.... I've now played for 66 hours and as I'm still at the bloody baron quest I guess I'm still pretty early in the game. There is just so much stuff to do. It's nice that there is so much to do, but I kinda wonder if it's not too much. I could probably spend another 60 hours in Velen. I just wonder if the game stays fun if there is like 200+ hours of content. I could just rush the main quest and skip the rest but that's not really fun either.

Anyway I don't think I'll be playing Fallout 4 anytime soon. Though knowing Bethesda not playing Fallout 4 until sometime autumn next year might actually be best :LOL:

And I still got MGS, Wolfenstein and The Evil within too...

I haven't played in a while but I recall being the God of Gwent. None of the NPCs could beat me. They were meat for the machine.

Having the right cards is a key to beat monster deck. You need to use cards which kill oponent cards with the same number of killpoints and use them at the right time ;)

Velen is beautiful and well worth the time spent there, but wait till you get to Skellige :)

Ps. I did around 130h or 140h on my run and can't wait for expansions!

Having the right cards is a key to beat monster deck. You need to use cards which kill oponent cards with the same number of killpoints and use them at the right time ;)

Velen is beautiful and well worth the time spent there, but wait till you get to Skellige :)

Ps. I did around 130h or 140h on my run and can't wait for expansions!

Cards which you cannot get at this point in the game.

Back