The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt revealed

lol 120hrs... if it takes me months just to finish the game I dunno if I can handle that.

Dragon Age 1 was about 60 hours for me and that felt like it'd never end. KOTOR & W2 were about 45 hrs each for me, which felt about right I think. You know, maybe 8 hours a day on weekends, so maybe 3-4 weeks tops. Ironically, I don't have problems grinding for a few hundred hours >_> (Diablo 3, ME3 MP), but I think it's just easier for me to do non-thinking gameplay on weekdays when I get home. Then I can properly get into the story on the off days.

As a PC gamer, what kind of configuration should I be running if I wish to max the game out?
(Laughs) We'll be releasing that information soon, but you can already start saving up for an upgrade.

I just hope my 2 R9 290X will be enough! If not then I need new mobo with 4 PCIe 3.0 slots to do Quad-Fire :devilish:

Joking aside, I really can't wait for this game to come out! This and The Division are the only games I might purchase on release date (or before).

I just hope my 2 R9 290X will be enough! If not then I need new mobo with 4 PCIe 3.0 slots to do Quad-Fire :devilish:

Joking aside, I really can't wait for this game to come out! This and The Division are the only games I might purchase on release date (or before).

Yup, can't wait. I just ordered a Tri-x 290, so i hope it runs at my native 1080p :rolleyes:

In one of the previews, the devs mention that the game's combat is not like Demons or Dark Souls but more like Batman Arkham games. That makes me a sad man. I don't enjoy Batman combat at all :(, even though ACity is an interesting game, the combat puts me off.

That is exactly what sounds "uncool" to me :(

I think we have to wait and see as even the developers don't know exactly which version will ship in final game because they are still tweaking combat system.

To me personally combat system doesn't matter too much as I was fine with Wither 1 combat system (most complaints) and Witcher 2 too. I play mainly for the story and immersion, combat is an added feature to which I adapt quickly. I liked making potions and oils in preparation for bigger fights which helped a lot and this will stay in 3rd game so I'm happy!

I didn't have any problems with TW2's system, but I haven't played it in a while (the game stopped working). I just started playing TW1 yesterday, and the combat is... rather different. It's taking some getting used to, for sure.

I imagine all they're talking of doing with the combat in TW3 is making it smoother to switch targets mid-combat, a la Batman. I don't see them adopting an entirely Batman-based combat system, I don't think that would really fit the rest of the systems the game uses.

I didn't have much problem with the Witcher1 's combat either, but after a while it did get stale, the basic sword mechanic of clicking again a t a set time. Lke Jedi says, I just hope they don't copy Batman but keep tje target switching the way they....whatever they think is right. Just don't make it like Batman, I don't like it at all. Batman and Ac combat is plain bad, for me atleast.
If they are talkingof just switching targets then they might just mean " face towards the enemy u want to attack next and target automatically switches".

Have they ever talked about why they don't implement POM? I mean they are the frontrunners of gfx in games, yet all their surfaces look flat even in Witcher 3. WHy no POM? Any technical reason/limitation of their engine?

Have they ever talked about why they don't implement POM? I mean they are the frontrunners of gfx in games, yet all their surfaces look flat even in Witcher 3. WHy no POM? Any technical reason/limitation of their engine?

Witcher 2 used it a lot.

I hope they do something about potions, you can only use them during meditation and that only works in situations where your safe and you know you will soon be entering combat and most of the time you dont know so potions are useless

I hope they do something about potions, you can only use them during meditation and that only works in situations where your safe and you know you will soon be entering combat and most of the time you dont know so potions are useless

No, you just need to act like a proper drug addict and always drink potions to the maximum capacity ;). Then you are always ready for a fight and there is no problem!

I imagine he has more important things to do - I suppose it would be curious to see what decisions he'd make, but eh. Who cares. :p

Wonder if he's heard of Saints Row 4. ;)

Back