The Tomorrow Children

Very good and if Uncharted use the same thing like Deep Down it will be great...
Yep, and it's impressive how high-frequency the data is. I can't stand screen-space reflections, they're just obnoxiously visually unstable outside of some specific genres (they can work pretty well in racing games)... it's good to see more alternatives, especially as planar reflections haven't been gaining in popularity at all.

I get the feeling that they are trying to make minecraft*, but more limited and prettier..... Based on the twitch video I saw.

I have never played minecraft, so this is just based on impressions of watching videos of both games.

I get the feeling that they are trying to make minecraft*, but more limited and prettier..... Based on the twitch video I saw. I have never played minecraft, so this is just based on impressions of watching videos of both games.
It's still too early to tell but the only similarities I see between this and Minecraft is that you can mine and you can craft ;) These basic premises are really the be all and end all of Minecraft whereas here it looks like the foundation on which the game is built.

Really intrigued by this game and hope I get into the alpha.

I've been watching a stream of this for about 90 minutes and still have no idea what is going on! There seems to be lots of things to do but the game seem to revolve around the town fending off attacks by giant monsters (which seem to vary) and mining their giant corpses for resources to further develop the town.

The presentation is undeniably brilliant. It's easy to forget you are watching a game on a piece of hardware costing a few hundred quid. The materials rendering system is amazing.

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. I'm gutted I didn't get into the alpha :(

the visuals and art are stunning. It's like looking at a CGI movie. The materials are very convincing. It helps that the environments arent packed with too much geometry but it works

Here's a Twitch Archive of my first ~2 hours with the Alpha (should be up for another few days before being automatically deleted unless I highlight it at some point). That's unedited and includes me going through the initial agreement, menus, and playing with options, so, some scenes are blocked from streaming. I would skip to 2:30 unless you want to sit through that stuff. After that I spend my time slowly figuring out one of the core gameplay components (resource gathering). I don't actually touch one of the other core gameplay mechanics (town building) until several hours after that stream ends. It ends abruptly due to it crashing, if anyone is wondering why.

Took a while to get some of the basics down and get a handle on things (I jumped right in without any of the prep material they put online) but I'm really enjoying it. Not 100% sure why I'm enjoying it so much, particularly given my penchant to avoid online games and that story driven experiences are what I really enjoy. This, however, is entirely online and devoid of any real story (in the Alpha, outside of the intro). I suspect that due to the lack of direct voice or text chat my biggest pet peeve with online gaming is eliminated. My second biggest peeve is the complete lack of coordination on a team when online (yes I'm well aware of the irony) which I'm not quite sure how that will be addressed in The Tomorrow Children. Lack of coordination goes to my most pressing concern with the game so far which is the sustainability of the town you're working to create. I'm curious to see how well things can work out when you have 30 cooks in the kitchen that don't actually talk to one another.

How things look from a feature perspective and how they'll facilitate coordination in game on release will be quite interesting. Regardless, despite the mechanical and technical issues I've come across, I've played enough to know I'll be buying the retail release when it comes out. Based on what I've played I also suspect that this will really hook a certain type of person and quickly bore others.

hehe nice one :) https://twitter.com/dylancuthbert/status/539341202500222977
hdKVF3K.png

B3wf0LPCMAIg5s9.jpg

I really don't get excited by this game?!? Maybe not my cup of tea...but keep watching it, because of the super nice graphics...

Back