The Rydermark Thread (TM)

The images are clearly doctored photos, it's only a question of time until somebody finds the image used for the people. That boat looks like the only thing that is drawn, and not by a computer, more by a hand.
Can Fudo hope to keep his job after this? I thought this was some kind of joke when I saw those pictures, but now I wonder. Is he really being mislead? Is it possible to be this blind?:oops:
If somebody he trusts has feed him this, somebody he trusts is out to get him. Doesn't bring out the popcorn-feeling in me.

Yeah, its kinda scary, cause this has the markings more of "let's totally destroy Faud's reputation" than "let's hurt NVIDIA".

Faud definitely enjoys what he does, and sometimes he is on the right track, and sometimes he is on the wrong track. This is really starting to look like someone is pulling Faud's leg in a big way, and he is most likely going to take the brunt of the fallout.

Just out of the blue, but anyone know who is making this Rydermark? I couldn't find anything on the web, well other then links to the Inq.

Razor1 said:
Just out of the blue, but anyone know who is making this Rydermark? I couldn't find anything on the web, well other then links to the Inq.
I couldn't exactly find anything either, but I betcha these folks have got something to do with it....I found this pict on their site:

9.jpg

Reactions: Geo
digitalwanderer said:
I couldn't exactly find anything either, but I betcha these folks have got something to do with it....I found this pict on their site:

By Jove, Holmes! I think you've done it again!

It will use heavily multithreaded Sahara game engine with multiprocessor support.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=31799

It is a combination of our in-house Sahara shader engine . . .

http://www.whodigs.com/article.php?story=20050616151409956

Which is an interview "with Ajith Ram from Candella Software".

The pic of the boats speaks for itself, of course, compared to the Inq shot. (Edit: By which I don't mean they are identical, but rather they strongly look like the same artistic hand/mind/design sense to me)

JoshMST said:
Yeah, its kinda scary, cause this has the markings more of "let's totally destroy Faud's reputation" than "let's hurt NVIDIA".

Faud definitely enjoys what he does, and sometimes he is on the right track, and sometimes he is on the wrong track. This is really starting to look like someone is pulling Faud's leg in a big way, and he is most likely going to take the brunt of the fallout.
Maybe. But if he's stupid enough to take the bait, and fall for it so completely, then I hope he loses his job over it. Journalists shouldn't simply just state the "facts" that other people give them. There has to be some level of filtration.

You would think that the first installment would have raised enuf of a stink that Faud would have passed those screenshots around a bit on the side for comment before sticking his neck out with them.

geo said:
http://www.whodigs.com/article.php?story=20050616151409956

Which is an interview "with Ajith Ram from Candella Software".
An extended quote from that link:

It is a combination of our in-house Sahara shader engine along with middleware like Havok for physics and Miles Sound System for audio. On the PC version, we are aiming to really push the technology envelope. We use high resolution textures and features like normal mapping, stencil shadows, specular lighting, bump mapping, vertex hair etc.

If are able to stick to our schedule, sometime next year, we aim to release a standalone benchmark to promote the game.
The article is dated June 16 2005....

Just a bit more I thought I'd toss in for fun, this is most enjoyable! :LOL:

geo said:
You would think that the first installment would have raised enuf of a stink that Faud would have passed those screenshots around a bit on the side for comment before sticking his neck out with them.
The curious thing is that he's clearly expressing trust for a group of people who he's known for a long time. The inherent contradiction between this and the nasty photochop is what's so puzzling.

Jawed

It says "some". No AMD, either.

I really think the ball's in Fuad's court now.

If Rydermark turns out to be real, well we'll all have heard of it, that's for sure.

Jawed

AMD doesn't do their own IGP, either.

If they were working with NV, it'd be on that list. . unless NV has a policy of not allowing their relationships to be publicized, which I suppose is possible, but I haven't heard that said.

geo said:
AMD doesn't do their own IGP, either.

If they were working with NV, it'd be on that list. . unless NV has a policy of not allowing their relationships to be publicized, which I suppose is possible, but I haven't heard that said.

Yep nV has no policy of not letting developers put the nV logo on thier own site if they are getting help from nV, nor does ATi. Intel does though, as does AMD.

Back