The real battle isn't DS vs. PSP...

and include a 3mpixel/camera photomachine with it.

and a swiss nife or at least a botlle opener

Hey69 that was pretty funny. Good ol' sarcasm at it's best. But really I agree with pahcman on most of those things in theory, but there would be a .0001% chance of all those things happening. There will be 4 gig memory sticks available in the near future. Yeah it sucks that we don't have 20 gigs of space for our PSPs but you have to start somewhere dont you.

Please think about it for one second and be real with yourself. You know memory stick prices will fall. DVD players used to be $1,000 now you can get one for $40. Thats 25 times less than what they were priced. Yeah that was 7 years ago, but if the same will happen with ms just not to that extreme. I can see 1 gig sticks selling for $100 this Christmas instead of $150.
________
AMC MACHINE SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by a moderator:
HDD prices will come down too so in a few years you'll be able to get a portable 100GB HDD player for the same price as a 20GB player today.

keep in mind that PSP has one main function, and in that area it is nothing short of amazing. That area is gaming. All other features are extras. So for those who downplay PSP for not having HDD, camera, A/V out put, etc. these do not impact gaming. So you really don’t have an argument there. I really snicker at those that compare PSP to MP3 plaers like iPod. Okay, iPod has 20Gb. Does it have amazing 3D capabilities? Does it havw wi-fi access? Does it have wireless multiplayer? And so on and so fotrth. If you wan storage to play MP3’s, get an MP3 player. It is obvious that you do ot want a gaming handheld, but an portable MP3 plaeyer. So go get one already!

And to prove how amazing PSP is, look at how everybody is adding functions to it whether being serious or ironic. It showes that PSP’s image as a multi-purpose machnine is brought out successfully. No one will speak this much of other handhelds.
And again, as a portable gameing system, it is a technological wounder. Some tech sites and mags have called it “the most demanded/must-have consumer electronics system of 2005â€￾.

mckmas8808 said:
There will be 4 gig memory sticks available in the near future. Yeah it sucks that we don't have 20 gigs of space for our PSPs but you have to start somewhere dont you.

The upcoming 4GB MS is not the Duo, the the regualr MS Pro. Duo is basically regular MS cut in half, so next up to bat for Duo is 2GB.

It will be quiet a while before we'll see 4GB Duos.

I really snicker at those that compare PSP to MP3 plaers like iPod. Okay, iPod has 20Gb. Does it have amazing 3D capabilities? Does it havw wi-fi access? Does it have wireless multiplayer? And so on and so fotrth. If you wan storage to play MP3’s, get an MP3 player. It is obvious that you do ot want a gaming handheld, but an portable MP3 plaeyer. So go get one already!

I also snicker when people try to act like it's more than a good gaming device with the option of MP3 playing because that's not what it's good for just like iPod isn't designed for playing games. Nobody wants a HUGE flash MP3 player that requires expensive removable media. Sure if you wait a few years there will be affordable 4GB MS, but like I said by that time the HDD based PMPs will be in the hundreds of GBs. Just get your PSP and be happy with the games, but don't try to pretend it's a great MP3 player, movie player, internet browser, etc. because there are always other devices that do those jobs much better than a PSP would. Just accept that fact and move on. Your PSP isn't less of a game machine because it can't compete with an iPod in playing MP3s. :LOL:

Just get your PSP and be happy with the games, but don't try to pretend it's a great MP3 player, movie player, internet browser, etc. because there are always other devices that do those jobs much better than a PSP would. Just accept that fact and move on. Your PSP isn't less of a game machine because it can't compete with an iPod in playing MP3s.

I personally think PSP will eventually try to expertise in those area? Hell, they're already talking about adding phone and camera functions to PSP. iPod is a very innovative product (therefore Apple has been rewarded in a unprecedented way) but not the way the phrase "great MP3 player" suggests. It's pretty, has capacity, and easy interface, I've never thought its music quality is great or Apple's support was phenomenal. It's just a sexy device that met people's need in the right timing.

Although PSP and iPod are quite different animals, I can already see them competing in the market. I myself would think of iPod whenever my niece/nephews birthdays, graduation, etc. but as of last weekend it has changed. I got a PSP for my niece and she couldn't be happier.

The PSP is NOT trying to directly compete with the ipod. NOBODYis saying that. It's just a nice side feature that plays out well. In a year that well can be good, then 2 to 3 years later that good will be great. The ipod has no gaming capabilities or internet possibilities at all, the PMP as no game capabilities, yet I'm not dissing these devices for the lack of what the PSP can do. It's not really fair.

I tend to think right now the people that are going to use the PSP for MP3 purposes are people like me that never had a MP3 player or a PMP.
________
Vaporizers

Well you have to admit Sony IS asking for such comparisons, by slapping a "the 21st century walkman" tag to PSP. That's Sony's vision, like it or not.

With this vision, combined with their Connect music store and UMD movies Sony IS trying to do just that - use PSP to compete head to head with portable music and movie players.

mckmas8808 said:
I tend to think right now the people that are going to use the PSP for MP3 purposes are people like me that never had a MP3 player or a PMP.

^^ ...or simply don't have room or want to carry more than one device at a time. If the PSP does its extra features more than satisfactory to its users, why would someone carry 2 or more extra gadgets around?

How will Sony eventually shrink the PSP down? Since nearly the entire face of the system is covered by the screen, they can only make it thinner.
Maybe a PSP Mini with a screen half the size?

No shrinking the PSP to me is out of the question. Its the huge wide screen that is so sexy. The PSP fits right in my pocket great while I listen to my MP3s on the go.

It might be the super baggy pants that I wear that allows me to do that with no problem.
________
VTR1000

mckmas8808 said:
No shrinking the PSP to me is out of the question. Its the huge wide screen that is so sexy. The PSP fits right in my pocket great while I listen to my MP3s on the go.

It might be the super baggy pants that I wear that allows me to do that with no problem.

Ew, cargo pants are so mid 90s.

No, man not cargo pants just baggy pants. My pants don't stick to my legs. All my pants have deep pockets, not like those Levi's they are too tight and the pockets seem to be 3 inches deep. :?

Put it this way I can put a PSP and cellphone in the same pocket and still walk comfortably.
________
Sc2 replays

Put it this way I can put a PSP and cellphone in the same pocket and still walk comfortably.

So when if SONY releases a cellphone attachment for PSP you'll buy that too and will be carrying around that huge PSP as a phone replacement too. :oops:

Hell, they're already talking about adding phone and camera functions to PSP.

So because they're talking about these extra functions that automatically means people will rush to buy these expensive iffy addons? Why would any sane person carry around a huge PSP for use as a cellphone every single day?

There're always a few people who need to justify using PSP as a cellphone, but get real.

PC-Engine said:

So when if SONY releases a cellphone attachment for PSP you'll buy that too and will be carrying around that huge PSP as a phone replacement too. :oops:

Hell, they're already talking about adding phone and camera functions to PSP.

So because they're talking about these extra functions that automatically means people will rush to buy these expensive iffy addons? Why would any sane person carry around a huge PSP for use as a cellphone every single day?

There're always a few people who need to justify using PSP as a cellphone, but get real.

Maybe you should shed off your ass-umptions and learn to read (or write). Of course an added function doesn't automatically mean a person should go out and buy a PSP, but rather, given that option (say, same PSP with phone functionality, or plain PSP with no phone functionality) it'll give people more choices - in case you don't realize, choices are good. And it doesn't mean you have to use that phone. It just doesn't hurt.

Instead of wasting your time here, I'd suggest you go to Apple.com and complain them about the useless photo-viewing function in new iPods. I've also heard about Apple adding camera to iPod, so maybe you can show them your concern about the shitty quality the camera iPod might have compared to a stand-alone camera.

Seriously, why is it upsetting you so much that others have choices? You want to play game on the go, take the PSP (or DS, anything your choice), you want to listen to music, take your MP3 player. You feel like you want to play game, listen to music, and watch DVD - then take PSP, iPod, and DVD player. Your choice.

I'll carry my PSP when I feel like playing games. I'll take iPod when I want to listen to music. I'll take the PSP when I'm not sure what I feel like to do, or when I feel like to enjoy little bit of everything.

Get real.

lop

Choices = Good? :LOL:

Some choices are just plain stupid, like the choice of carrying around a HUGE PSP with a cellphone attachment. ;)

Maybe car manufacturers should add the choice to have a pedal power mechanism just in case their car runs out of gas. :LOL:

I'm sure there are people who can justfiy using a PSP with a toilet attachment too or a vibrator attachment. ;)

mckmas8808 said:
OK thats just plain ridiculous. What if to use the cellphone all it took was a firmware update? Whould it be so bad then?

If it only needed a firmware update that would be very nice, but it still wouldn't address the issue of a HUGE cellphone. Regardless I don't think it's as easy as a firmware upgrade, because if it was PC card cellular devices wouldn't need their own antenna. ;) Unless there's already a cellular antenna hidden in the PSP someware, it ain't gonna happen. If you're talking about a internet phone type function then yeah it might work, but then you'd need to be in a hotspot to use it. Now WiMAX is something that will allow interoperability between cellular devices and WiFi devices, but AFAIK PSP can't be upgraded to WiMAX through a firmware upgrade, because if that were the case everyone and their grandmother with a WiFi device would be able to get free firmware upgrades. :LOL:

Back