"I'll take it from here Ken" PSP battle plan

PSP has been selling good untill the DSlite came out, ever since that DSL sales have been going up quite alot while psp sales have gone down in the USA.

PSP has been selling good untill the DSlite came out, ever since that DSL sales have been going up quite alot while psp sales have gone down in the USA.

Did you even read my post? It shows that software sales were still close enough to the DS in August.

I have no desire for the DS to do bad. I just want the PSP to be represented accurately. ;)

Personally, the only changes I'd make is to make UMD movies region free and about half their current price, and make the transferring of video a lot easier onto the PSP.

Game prices are pretty good IMO.

Wow, last month the PSP's software sales really sucked ... it trailed the list completely, with just under 100.000 titles sold. Compare to the DS, which comes in at number two with about 8x that. But the PS2 beats them all, at just under a million titles sold!

I do expect to see the PSP a bit more up there for November though, which Vice City Stories out and being sold rather much, and other titles like Killzone, Ridge Racer 2, Lumines 2 and so on probably well also. November should be a crazy month anyway, with the holidays coming up. Still, that was a big step back from last month - pfew!

Also noteworthy is that Nintendo leads as the publisher with the most titles sold, BUT it also seems that 98% of all titles sold for Nintendo platforms were published by Nintendo, proving that it is always hard for other publishers to compete with Nintendo in that area (especially as from the looks of it, the few titles not by Nintendo were actually for the GameCube).

I doubt gta is going to have a large impact. When gta launched for psp there were bairly more sales of psp's.

The problem with nintendo is that almost everything they sell is A quality so its no wonder that its hard for 3rd party's to get in the top lists. Although that doesnt mean they arnt selling alot of games. They are just selling less than nintendo.

I doubt gta is going to have a large impact. When gta launched for psp there were bairly more sales of psp's.

There were more than 3 million copies of GTA: LC sold on the PSP when it was still a full-price game. If only 10% of those are going to buy GTA: VC, then by virtue of GTA alone, November PSP software sales will be 3 times what they were in October.

The problem with nintendo is that almost everything they sell is A quality so its no wonder that its hard for 3rd party's to get in the top lists. Although that doesnt mean they arnt selling alot of games. They are just selling less than nintendo.

Well, in October it wasn't just less - look at the DS. Some 800.000 titles sold. 14.000 of those Sega, 12.000 to EA, and 10.500 to THQ. That totals 36.500 for non-Nintendo publishers, or 4.5%. The other 763.500 titles sold, or 95.5%, went to Nintendo.

Sure, it's not always like this, but last month was pretty extreme.

I meant PSP hardwarse sales. PSP lacks systemsellers. Even the first gta couldnt do that.

About the DS, I dont think its strange EA and thq games sell bad. Its only been recently EA has released some decent DS games wich are carbon and fifa. All other games they released are total crap except for nfsu2. The same goes for THQ. Dont know what they released but I never heard of a game from them for the DS so its probably crap too.

Like I said, Nintendo releases shitloads of high ranked games. People can only spend their money once and imo its a easy choice between a high ranked game and some half assed game.

EA really doesn't deserve selling any copies with the shit they put out on handhelds.
Anyone here seen Medal of Honor: Underground for GBA? That's the EA handheld spirit. You'll shake your head for like ten minutes after seeing that. They are totally wrong in what they do, and their sales ought to be much worse, not better for it.

Back