The Official Metal Gear Online thread

Are they going to provide a demo of the Guns of Patriots as well in some point of time?

You can connect now (Europe). Too bad servers are getting hammered. So it's like signing up for the id again

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I have the GAME ID I get an error message that I am unable to connect to the server when I choose to start a game. Jesus its a pain in the ass to play one game

Oh God, so I was right ? Lucky for them this is a beta. If they launch directly, their server sizing may be off too.

IMPORTANT NOTICE for all
METAL GEAR ONLINE PREMIERE BETA players

We would like to thank all players for their keen interest in taking part in the beta test.
However, we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected.
As a temporary measure, we will be deferring the start of the US/European public beta test until we are able to stabilize our server.
We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused.

We would like to add that due to the above reasons, we will be making the following changes to the schedule:
1) Starting date: TBA. We will be making another announcement on 22/4/2008 23:00(PDT)
2) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 11/05/2008 at 24:00(PDT) rather than 06/05/2008 at 24:00(PDT)

Europe
1) Suspend beta test: As of 21/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
2) Restart date: TBA. We will be making another announcement on 22/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
3) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 11/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST) rather than 06/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST)

IMPORTANT: Please note that your voucher code will only be valid up until 05/06/2008, so please make sure to register them by then.

Looks like its been delayed a bit :cry:

That's really BAD ! I was waiting for gameplay videos ! :cry:
(Didn't they expect the traffic !?!? It's Metal GEar ! People are supposed to flock the site;)

Is this game so wanted by the people that there are literally millions trying to access the beta or are they at Konami using their old Amiga500 as onlinebeta-servers? I doubt they thought:"This game is 1/10 'cos Kojima said so! So this sucks.. no one wants to play our beta and we need no servers! Amiga is enuff.."

Oh, well back to lotus position to wait for next announcement.

Is this game so wanted by the people that there are literally millions trying to access the beta.
Or third option, are people that curious and given a free Beta, thought they'd give it a whirl? That's certainly my case. I've no inherent interest in the title, but if it's on show, I'll take a ganders.

Is this game so wanted by the people that there are literally millions trying to access the beta or are they at Konami using their old Amiga500 as onlinebeta-servers? I doubt they thought:"This game is 1/10 'cos Kojima said so! So this sucks.. no one wants to play our beta and we need no servers! Amiga is enuff.."

Oh, well back to lotus position to wait for next announcement.

I expect that there's millions in Europe, and a million in the US. Really...this beta is massive.

It's certainly bigger than they expected. That'll teach 'em though!

O.K my patch is downloading. Using HTTP. Was doing 10kb a second via Peer to peer - so that'd be about 14hours for 500mbs :oops: On HTTP I just did 5% of the patch in 10 minutes...so I'm hopeful.

Id just like to have a working code. Mine was 9 digits.. and Ive emailed them, but no answer. If anyone has an extra... feel free to send my way. :(

Id just like to have a working code. Mine was 9 digits.. and Ive emailed them, but no answer. If anyone has an extra... feel free to send my way. :(

Did you email the address in the saga dvd or directly to konami support? I emailed both but Konami support answered me in 1 day.

Ok i've set up my ID - it now says I have to agree to this within 72 hours ""Terms and Conditions for Use of KONAMI ID Online Payment"."

What is this?

They just send you an email and you have to click the link. Then you will have a new set of agreement to sign.
There is no CC info submission etc, so they can not really charge you anything

Back