The Official Metal Gear Online thread

Folks, for an official thread, the opening post is lacking in substance (pun intended.)
That's my fault. The content at the start was in the MGS4 thread. I spawned this one anew, and then seeing MGS4 was still being sidetracked, moved all MGO posts to here. For those following the MGS4 thread it probably makes sense, but for visitors...I'm afraid my house-keeping was sloppy!

Network server error cancelled the download. Can't try again due to Network server error.
Once again a company has entered into a service it's not the least bit able to support! Round one of the Beta is a total flop, unable to even let people run the game. I'm amazed how companies can so utterly underestimate problems and prepare themselves. Who designed this system, when there's so many other successful models out there, and decided it was a good one?

I'm in no rush to try again. The gameplay could be good and different enough, and I like the humour, but so far the game has exceeded my low faff tolerance levels.

I think it's a test. Only the most dedicated and obsessive gamers can play in the Beta ;)

I'm told that post/thread doesn't exist. What's the trick to get an ID?

Yeah, I'm also curious to know what info was in that link. Still getting the "period of inactivity" error here.

Copy the link (Right-click >> Copy Shortcut) into an open browser. I'm not sure why parsed links (from another server?) don't seem to work linking to some servers.

HTML:
http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=62&thread.id=706610

In short, you use a Firefox plug-in (Autoformer) to store the form fields, thus allowing you to get through the entire process fast enough for their servers not to time you out. Worked great for me. Took a few times. MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON RESTRICTIONS FOR NAMES AND PASSWORDS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Link still doesn't work, but the plugin did. :D

Thank you, I think I'm good, though I haven't got the confermation email yet.

Link still doesn't work, but the plugin did. :D

Thank you, I think I'm good, though I haven't got the confermation email yet.

If you already signed up for a konami id and still haven't got the confirmation email, log back into your konami id account (if you can) and there should be an option to resend to confirmation email. Keep resending until you eventually see the email. This is how a bunch of people at gaf did it.

Don't know what happened to the link, but here's another one from GAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10814337&postcount=1972

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, looks like I'm good to go. Has a specific start time been anounced, or is it just sometime Monday?

Now I get the: "Due to a period of inactivity, the page has been deleted.
Please click on the below link to return to the top page" message whenever I click the resend button!
Damn it damn it damn it

Still busted for me. Found the autoformer trick in another post.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=816347

for those having trouble getting a konami and game id try this

* You need Firefox
* Goto Tools Add ons, Get Extensions
* Find the AutoFormer add on and install it and restart the browser
* goto https://id.konami.net and click register (Blue button on the left) - might take a while but keep trying
* Enter your date of birth and go to edit in Firefox menu and find AutoFormer, click Save all fields - this will now save you entering the DOB again if you need to come back to this stage
* click next
* Wait until the terms show before clicking next again
* fill out the entire form carefully, don't rush you have all the time in the world. Make sure you don't use capitals in username, and make sure game id password is all numbers. Make sure phone number and postcode have no spaces
* now before clicking next click edit again and AutoFormer>save all fields
* Click next, it'll probably fail due to time taken to complete the form. Don't worry
* Start again, this time your DOB should be auto inserted click next to terms, click next to form, click next to confirmation click next and you're done - SIMPLE!!!

found this on the playstation forums and it made the process a little easier. took me a couple of tries but it actually works. hope this helps out and let me know if works out for you guys.

This got me in okay though. I think you have about half a second to fill in the form!

My trick was to click constantly "check for availability" button after each step on personal information form. It took couple of tries but I got through by refreshing session this way.

This addon may, just may, be buggy. This morning my network connection was fine, and then just gave out. I had to use the command prompt 'netsh' instruction to reset the Windows XP ICP/IP stack mathingums. This was some time after installing and running the Autoformer thing, so it may not be related, but that's the only thing to change on my system. I wasn't accessing the internet at the time, Firefox wasn't open. Only Messenger was open when the net connection died.

Just a heads up in case you suffer the same problem, use 'netsh int ip reset [log_file_name]' in the command prompt.

Back