The Official Metal Gear Online thread

First wasnt the patch issues. You cant get the patch, without a code. First was the 9 digit codes from Gamestop. How many thousands got screwed like I did by that?

Still no reply to me, looks like Ill have to resort to ebay to get one. :sigh:

Wait some more. If you can't wait any more, I would try calling the numbers in this post.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10729999&postcount=1

They are long distance. Some GAF members called the number and got their new code.

First wasnt the patch issues. You cant get the patch, without a code. First was the 9 digit codes from Gamestop. How many thousands got screwed like I did by that?

Still no reply to me, looks like Ill have to resort to ebay to get one. :sigh:

Why bother? Just create an EU account and download it.

Uh...that won't work Grad. The betas are region locked.

Works for me just fine. Especially since this is actually a global beta (EU, NA, JP). EU and JP got the beta via a PSN download. I suppose they could have had each download region encoded. I guess I'll see when the server goes live. Everything so far has worked though.

Works for me just fine. Especially since this is actually a global beta (EU, NA, JP). EU and JP got the beta via a PSN download. I suppose they could have had each download region encoded. I guess I'll see when the server goes live. Everything so far has worked though.

You will be able to download. You won't be able to play. The whole Konami ID's will deal with that. If you have the Euro Beta, but a US ID....you'll be in for a blank screen come launch day.

You will be able to download. You won't be able to play. The whole Konami ID's will deal with that. If you have the Euro Beta, but a US ID....you'll be in for a blank screen come launch day.

Oh, I see. Still, not that much of an issue. Just as I have an EU PSN account, I would set up an EU Konami account if necessary. Even w/ that extra step, it would be a heck of a lot quicker and easier than waiting around for Konami to get back to me about an incorrect beta code.

Maybe I should set up an EU Konami account now. How sure are you about that?

Oh, I see. Still, not that much of an issue. Just as I have an EU PSN account, I would set up an EU Konami account if necessary. Even w/ that extra step, it would be a heck of a lot quicker and easier than waiting around for Konami to get back to me about an incorrect beta code.

Maybe I should set up an EU Konami account now. How sure are you about that?

That won't work either - they know your IP address :)

Ok, I used the pre-ordered code to download MGO. It's done now. Do I still need to get the Konami ID ? (My guess is no, but I would like to know for sure)

I don't see why you wouldn't need a Konami ID, unless you are saying you goal was simply to download it and you have no intrest in ever actually loging on and playing it. ;)

Ok.. so I finally got my key. Ive downloaded, and installed it. How do I get the 1.01 patch? I dont see anywhere in the game to update it. I start it, and it just tells me that its been delayed.

So you think I have the update, in the version I downloaded tonight? It was 763mb or something like that, and says 1.00 on the title screen.

Thanks. So back to my original Q, where did you get the update? I was under the impression that it was from within the game?

Thanks. So back to my original Q, where did you get the update? I was under the impression that it was from within the game?

First time I started it, it basically said update available, please download and then I choose P2P and went to work :)

So you think I have the update, in the version I downloaded tonight? It was 763mb or something like that, and says 1.00 on the title screen.

Update servers could be down? There are other people reporting the same thing at GAF.

Well, that sucks. Thanks for the info. It doesnt do anything when I start it, just tells me there has been a delay. Then gives me two options, go back to the title screen, or quit. From there, there are two options, Start and watch the trailer. Selecting start.. just tells me there is a delay again.

Well, that sucks. Thanks for the info. It doesnt do anything when I start it, just tells me there has been a delay. Then gives me two options, go back to the title screen, or quit. From there, there are two options, Start and watch the trailer. Selecting start.. just tells me there is a delay again.

I'll test with mine...i downloaded mine when it was first up, but havent got the patch (it failed at 97%)

On the page where it says start or watch the trailer, the version should be listed in the bottom right. If you have the patch, it should say 1.01. If not, it should be 1.00.

Back