The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

yeah it was a good show. i didnt know it got bad reviews.

further shows that reviewers are very disconnected to my tastes. same issue with video games too. things that irked me never irked reviewers. things that i like very much are just a passing thing for reviewers

yeah it was a good show. i didnt know it got bad reviews.

further shows that reviewers are very disconnected to my tastes. same issue with video games too. things that irked me never irked reviewers. things that i like very much are just a passing thing for reviewers
Seems most of the critics hated it while most audiences liked it.

For some reason the critics seem to have liked the Tomorrow War much more, which I don't get. It was a turd.

Last edited:
Apparently HBO is going to promote their Last of Us adoption a lot next year.

I got so fed up with The Walking Dead. Hope TLOU series is better.

Seems most of the critics hated it while most audiences liked it.

For some reason the critics seem to have liked the Tomorrow War much more, which I don't get. It was a turd.

Critics tend to really love anything with a lot of social commentary and pan most other things. General audiences tend to favor whatever provides good entertainment and at least a somewhat decent story.

Regards,
SB

Critics tend to really love anything with a lot of social commentary and pan most other things. General audiences tend to favor whatever provides good entertainment and at least a somewhat decent story.

Regards,
SB
well it did contain relevant stuff, like the treatment of veterans and how they are received at home and the grief of losing ones family. of course there was a conspiracy elementbut that just ups the thriller-ness of it

Chernobyl's director (Craig Mazin) combined with a HBO budget make me confident for this being a quality production, and the trailer does look good. I do wonder how well it will do commercially because post-apocalyptic zombie-like monsters is a such an utterly well-trodden TV genre. Just because they're mushroom people isn't enough to differentiate them from being zombie-like.

Chernobyl's director (Craig Mazin) combined with a HBO budget make me confident for this being a quality production, and the trailer does look good. I do wonder how well it will do commercially because post-apocalyptic zombie-like monsters is a such an utterly well-trodden TV genre. Just because they're mushroom people isn't enough to differentiate them from being zombie-like.
Probably get a lot of criticism like Walking Dead that there's not enough zombies and action, and more drama.

Probably get a lot of criticism like Walking Dead that there's not enough zombies and action, and more drama.
Problem with TWD is that it was repetitive. And the guy who wrote the graphic novel said they're going to milk the series for as long as they could.

It never went anywhere and they eliminated any notion that they'd find a cure or find some way to move the story towards an end.

So I stopped watching a few seasons ago, but now supposedly they're ending the main series. However they have several spinoffs that they apparently plan to keep going.

Only problem is the TWD universe isn't that interesting, zombies and a bunch of tribes wanting to kill each other.

And it was ridiculous, the first 5 seasons or something like that represented like 2 years or less in the show, even though the cast was clearly aging.

Problem with TWD is that it was repetitive. And the guy who wrote the graphic novel said they're going to milk the series for as long as they could.
Yeah I wished they could have told the stories in like half the amount of seasons, but as you said, they wanted to milk it as much as possible. The books themselves do come to an end, nothing like a cure or anything, but an end to the story that revolved around Rick Grimes.

he dies.

I was a bit annoyed the elf rings did not look more aesthetically pleasing. Rings are supposed to be circles right? Why was the silver one a teardrop? Yes this is the nitpick I choose to complain about :p

Attempted_restoration_of_Ecce_Homo.jpg

A warning (or pleasant alert) to folks watching House of the Dragon, the finale has leaked online. It's typical HBO 1080p torrent quality, which I obviously wouldn't know anything about. :nope:

Be wary of spoilers over the weekend.

Thanks for the heads up warning.

However ... There shouldn't be much of any big story spoilers considering we know a good part of the story from comments in Game of Thrones as they're going over history or even throw away lines by Joffrey Baratheon when flirting with Margaery Tyrell.

"the old man" (Disney) is very watchable, starts Jeff bridges as an aged retired CIA operative that suddenly becomes interesting again to various agencies.

"the old man" (Disney) is very watchable, starts Jeff bridges as an aged retired CIA operative that suddenly becomes interesting again to various agencies.
yes i liked the old man very much
jeff bridges vs. john lithgow

A warning (or pleasant alert) to folks watching House of the Dragon, the finale has leaked online. It's typical HBO 1080p torrent quality, which I obviously wouldn't know anything about. :nope:

Be wary of spoilers over the weekend.

Thank you! I saw that come up this morning and figured I'd blanked out or spaced through Fri/Sat and it was Sunday already! 😲

The Old Man was on FX and then on Hulu.

It took several years to complete that first season. Bridges had cancer and then Covid, which delayed production.

In the book, the Zoe character does not go on the run with Chase.

Back