The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Yeah I watched that a few weeks ago. Or a few minutes of it, that sort of thing really isn't my bag.

We have this one channel that doesn't really air anything else than documentaries and sort of reality shows about people with the most grotesque problems, either mentally or physically. The most horrific thought to me is there probably are some people who watch all of it...

The peripheral (Chloe thingy mortez, Amazon) is *REALLY* good. Kinda of a mash of a grown up version of ready player one with the matrix and possibly a bit of westworld...only 2 episodes so far, but first one is around 80 mins.

The Old Man was on FX and then on Hulu.

It took several years to complete that first season. Bridges had cancer and then Covid, which delayed production.

In the book, the Zoe character does not go on the run with Chase.
Ah, wasn't aware it had been around, saw its banner on Disney and glad I gave it a go.

The peripheral (Chloe thingy mortez, Amazon) is *REALLY* good. Kinda of a mash of a grown up version of ready player one with the matrix and possibly a bit of westworld...only 2 episodes so far, but first one is around 80 mins.
I thought it was going to be a SAO ripoff when I saw the hardware in the preview, but when I found out that it was based on the 2015 novel of the same name by William Gibson I quickly changed my mind! I haven't read his recent stuff, but I love everything I've read by him. He basically invented cyberpunk before there was an internet! I'm really looking forward to enjoying this series.

So Westworld got its plug pulled out. Honestly, talks about fifth season did not really make sense to me in the first place
I liked the first season but season two was just WTF and I stopped watching it after a few episodes. I am willing to invest in content where the pay-off is down the line but when many scenes are pointless and some inexplicable and without context, I cannot muster the energy to invest myself.

This can be done smartly, i.e. Severance was amazing in that you didn't know the macro of the individual's work, nor the meta of the organisation's operation and goal but everything in-between made sense and it became more compelling as the details of the macro and meta were scratched off.

Yes, I felt as well there was lots of pointless things happening in WW - every season I thought it started interestingly but my motivation to watch it got pretty low in the middle of the seasons. Then at the very end meaningful stuff started to happen again.

Ratings declined each season. And it was an expensive show to produce.

The show runners have a deal with Amazon. They haven't made a show for them yet but they are producing Peripheral.

Season 1of WestWorld was great, but I think Season 2 was the best of all seasons. The third season was too straight forward so tended to be a bit on the boring side for my tastes. Season 4 had pacing issues where they were building building then just exploded things everywhere so it felt rushed. I would watch a Season 5 to see what they would wrap up and see if it end become a full circle loop.

Started to watch the last season of Supernatural.
Few episodes in and it seems to continue the uneven quality.

Need to push through and start the Winchesters though.

Started to watch the last season of Supernatural.
Few episodes in and it seems to continue the uneven quality.

Need to push through and start the Winchesters though.

I really enjoyed the final season of Supernatural. Is the Winchesters out now?

so its last of us 1 game, and a bit of last of us 2? or last of us 1 also have snows?
The original (Part I) Last of Us game was set in four chapters covering four seasons, and winter was set in a remote snowy locale.

The trailer does look good. I'm banking on the budget and the calibre of the director (Chernobyl) to deliver something decent.

Season one will likely end after the David escapade from what I have seen.
Neil Druckmann has said in a few tweets that the first series will cover the first game, including some storylines they wrote but couldn't include. If they end season 1 at the third chapter/season of the game that's a chunk of the story missing. Whilst the end of winter is quite a dramatic part of the game, it pales to the ending.

And assuming they keep the pace for season 1 and 2 of the TV series the same, they would put the end of the story from Part I early into season 2 of the TV show, then where does it go?

I wonder what a season 2 will cover. Will they age everybody up to cover Part II or will be there an intermediate series between the Part I and Part II games?

I really hope they keep the TV show sharp and on point and avoid unnecessary filler.

Back