The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Was watching the behind the scenes show for HotD and they show how Baela chased those guys on her dragon.

Of course most of it was CG. They showed the actress on this pneumatic rig in front of a green screen.

One of the guys mentioned that they were using Unreal Engine for the dragon with the actress composited on this CG dragon.

I thought VFX studios rolled their own 3D visuals but back in the old LucasFilm days they had render farms going for hours and hours to produce a couple minutes of footage.

So maybe they use UE for real time renders of the models these days?

I've finally watched 73 yards from Doctor Who.
It's the best episode in so so so many years.
It's as if Midnight was set in Turn left.
It keeps losing sense every time you think about the plot, but eerie and mysterious from start to finish. It makes you feel the loneliness of being alone while surrounded by people. It even successfully adds tension to a coke payment.
It felt like a RTD's era episode, that's a little strange considering that even the other episodes are written by him...

I've finally watched 73 yards from Doctor Who.
It's the best episode in so so so many years.
It's as if Midnight was set in Turn left.
It keeps losing sense every time you think about the plot, but eerie and mysterious from start to finish. It makes you feel the loneliness of being alone while surrounded by people. It even successfully adds tension to a coke payment.
It felt like a RTD's era episode, that's a little strange considering that even the other episodes are written by him...
One slight problem with the episode, it didn't make any sense. :|

Watched the Acolyte up to episode 6. Pretty good, best Star Wars since Andor!

The bad guy is interesting and I am super impressed by his arms as well.
I watched episode 7. I haven't watched episodes 4-6 due to rage quitting after 3. Surprisingly this was exactly the same episode as 3 but "cleverly" from perspective of different characters. Did not fix the stupidity.

Last edited:
One slight problem with the episode, it didn't make any sense. :|
Think about talking babies' mucus, and then tell me if you really care about it making complete sense.
The segment with Kate Lethbridge was perfect, it made you feel alone and hopeless all of a sudden and unexpected way.
The foreshadowing details of when someone said "her" and Ruby responded, "not me, her!".
Then you think of all the ways that she would have at least heard what she was saying.
Suspension of disbelief at full power.

The only thing that bothers me is that the best DW's episode is the one without the Doctor :/

Back