The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Neil Druckmann has said in a few tweets that the first series will cover the first game, including some storylines they wrote but couldn't include. If they end season 1 at the third chapter/season of the game that's a chunk of the story missing.
Maybe more of a cover parts of first game as opposed to all of the first game? I would hope, if the series is good and has high production value, that they do not skip any portions of the story. Include it all, even if it means more episodes or seasons are required. It's rare that series have a solid foundation to work off of, so to think they may skimp on parts is a bit of a downer.

Maybe more of a cover parts of first game as opposed to all of the first game? I would hope, if the series is good and has high production value, that they do not skip any portions of the story. Include it all, even if it means more episodes or seasons are required. It's rare that series have a solid foundation to work off of, so to think they may skimp on parts is a bit of a downer.
The first season is now 9 episodes which I assume they'll pace as one episode on the prologue (intro/outbreak), then 2 episodes each for each of the four seasons. If they write and direct it well, that should be ample. I'm very much trusting the guy who made Chernobyl to nail it.

I just hope that Neil Druckmann is kept under editorial control. I present Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us Part II as evidence that sometimes he doesn't know when less is more.

I assume there will be spoilers for the game in the series? I fancy watching it but don't want to spoil the games when they land on PC.

EDIT: that's in relation to Last of Us.

Wednesday was OK. Typical Tim Burton-esque stuff but not as OTT as much of his work.

Unlike most in this thread, I wasn't overly impressed with the acting of the lead character. She certainly looked the part but the delivery was monotone and it always sounded like she was reading from a script (i.e. instead of acting). Much more nuance from most of the rest of the supporting cast, including the other young actors.

Uh why the new witcher series is super bad? It was made by totally different people or something?
It's the same senior production team but they have become increasingly bolder as time has moved on further diverged from the source material. This has annoyed both Henry Cavill and fans who wanted them to stick closely to the source material.

I've read three of the Witcher books and played Witcher 3 and I personally don't have massive issues with the divergences in the TV series, but I understand people dislike and the general principle of buying and using an IP then ignoring the canonic lore. If you want the universe but to tell a different story, do a spin-off about Basil the Witcher and never mess with established characters.

The Witcher definitely isn't an egregious a spin that the Halo TV series was, but there are lots of stories about issues with production of season 3 and we know Liam Hemsworth is taking over the titular character for season 4. I really liked the original casting, particular Gerald and Yennifer.

Uh why the new witcher series is super bad?

It was made by totally different people or something?
I quite enjoyed TW: Blood Origin series. It could gave been a little better here or there, but it was an enjoyable fantasy series.

Fanhards are upset because it changes the origin of "witchers" from the books. With the way Blood Origin talks about the crystals and how it can mess with time, I see this tale as simply an alternate timeline universe. A scenario where both the actual origin of witchers happened and where Blood Origin originated witchers. There is nothing for fanhards to be upset about. That's the wonders of fantasy time and space manipulation!

It's the same senior production team but they have become increasingly bolder as time has moved on further diverged from the source material. This has annoyed both Henry Cavill and fans who wanted them to stick closely to the source material.

I've read three of the Witcher books and played Witcher 3 and I personally don't have massive issues with the divergences in the TV series, but I understand people dislike and the general principle of buying and using an IP then ignoring the canonic lore. If you want the universe but to tell a different story, do a spin-off about Basil the Witcher and never mess with established characters.

The Witcher definitely isn't an egregious a spin that the Halo TV series was, but there are lots of stories about issues with production of season 3 and we know Liam Hemsworth is taking over the titular character for season 4. I really liked the original casting, particular Gerald and Yennifer.
what were the divergence?

by bad, i meant the witcher blood blah blah series was

• boring
  • unengaging
  • dialogue/conversations feels weird
  • each episodes feels very formulaic (nothing wrong with that, if it was awesomely executed, but in this series its just boring)
  • scenes didnt flow well (uh... whats the word again... disjointed? abrupt? bad pacing?)
EDIT

other things like customes are as good as usual

I have this condition in which I don't watch shows until everyone seems to mostly have forgotten them (unless I have a chance to see them on release day).

So, Stranger Things S4 got my attention. Until it nearly lost it. I don't see why they doubled (or more) the length of the episodes. I had a really stretched feeling at the end. Maybe I'm too old already and the targeted audience just loves every moment they can spend watching it but I had a feeling similar to Jim Carrey in Yes Man (I think?), groaning "oh snap it off already" at movie character who was sawing a limb off.

It's not worse than the previous 2 seasons otherwise. But the first season was really the only one necessary IMO.

I'm hoping TLOU series, even if it's just two seasons each mapping to each version of the game, will be more than just a re-enactment fo the cut scenes in the games.

Acting, direction, art direction.

I would be surprised if a director of this reputation would just try to copy a lot of the scenes or frames of the video game.

May even use different dialogue and it's not unheard of for adaptations of books to depart in some significant ways from the source (like Slow Horses recent season).

Also, no matter how well done the graphics are, good actors will express a lot with their faces, which is not something that computer graphics have done that well.

Following a round of premieres of episode one of The Last of Us TV show, the reviews are exceptionally good - 98% freshness on Rotten Tomatoes. I had high hopes on this given it's being directed by the guy who directed Chernobyl but this is very encouraging.

The first episode airs tomorrow on HBO. Other sources are probably available.

iirc it also got some scene in indonesia and with indonesia arctress, double curious!

maybe required by higher ups due to HBO MAX marketing spree for indonesia is just starting.

Following a round of premieres of episode one of The Last of Us TV show, the reviews are exceptionally good - 98% freshness on Rotten Tomatoes. I had high hopes on this given it's being directed by the guy who directed Chernobyl but this is very encouraging.

The first episode airs tomorrow on HBO. Other sources are probably available.

I'd like to know whether it'll contain spoilers for either of the games which I intend to play when they come to PC. If not I'll definitely be giving this a watch.

iirc it also got some scene in indonesia and with indonesia arctress, double curious!

Joel and Ellie get mighty lost then! :D I don't think the universe ever explained how the bad mushrooms came to be and what happened elsewhere in the world. There may be some places that have not been impacted because they are so remote.

E.g. mushrooms, nor their spores are probably a great threat to some Inuit tribes.

Back