The non-standard game interfaces discussion thread (move, voice, vitality, etc.)

Sony have only announced one Move PS3 bundle at Gamescom and it's the most expensive one at €350. If they're not bundling it with entry-level machines in any form, they're not being properly serious about extending the platform.

Sony have only announced one Move PS3 bundle at Gamescom and it's the most expensive one at €350. If they're not bundling it with entry-level machines in any form, they're not being properly serious about extending the platform.

Maybe not, but then the difference between the €299 and the €349 is Move bundled and 160GB more HDD space - that's a lot of value though for a small price difference.

There's a QA on the PlayStation blog that reports the Move game demos that come on the disk in the Move bundle will be available for download, so the bundle is only really the camera and controller and no added value. The Sports Champions demo has Table Tennis and Disc Golf to try. Nice to know.

well germany would be something like 5% of the world market, so 10million in 6 months worldwide.
Which seems like wishful thinking IMO.
Then again with the right marketing and a killer app (golf/tennis) you never know

There's a QA on the PlayStation blog that reports the Move game demos that come on the disk in the Move bundle will be available for download, so the bundle is only really the camera and controller and no added value. The Sports Champions demo has Table Tennis and Disc Golf to try. Nice to know.

I'm pretty sure it's not a Sports Champions Demo, it's the full game.

Which bundle are you talking about ?

In US, there is a Move + PSEye + Full game bundle. At least the Gamestop people try to sign me up.

In EU the bundle seems to include only the camera, one Move controller and the Sports Champions demo disc.
Good that the demos will be downloadable too, I was pondering between the bundle and the separate items, but preordered two Move controllers and one Navigation controller, I already have the camera.
Those cost me €118.70.

In EU the bundle seems to include only the camera, one Move controller and the Sports Champions demo disc.
It's a mixed demo disk. That PSN Blog QA had more information.
Good that the demos will be downloadable too, I was pondering between the bundle and the separate items, but preordered two Move controllers and one Navigation controller, I already have the camera.
Those cost me €118.70.
Yes, the bundle seemed far better value, but as those with the Eye can get the same trial experiences, it doesn't suck so much for those who were early adopters of Sony's underused camera. Just totalling up ShopTo, that comes to €92 at ShopTo. Bargain!

Speaking of bundles, reading the Kinect overview link posted by scently, Kinect doesn't seem such good value for those buying a 4GB pack. The 4GB console they say is $250/£150. Kinect is $150/£130 including Kinect Adventures, for a grand price of $400/£280. The bundle deal is XB360+Kinect $300/£250, without game. Stateside that's $100 saving, but only ~$40-50 if you buy a $50-60 Kinect game. Over here it's a £30 saving without game, which means your final tally adding something to play will be as much as buying separates if not more!

This ties in with the NPD sales thread and the suggesting people buying XB360's now aren't interested in the bundle; the bundle doesn't see you much better off, so there's little reason to wait.

The bundle deal is XB360+Kinect $300/£250, without game.
Kinect-Bundle-485x384.jpg

Universities turn to Wii Fit as way of examining concussions:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...8/AR2010081802460_2.html?wprss=rss_technology

At Maryland, athletes stand barefoot on a small rectangular platform in front of a television screen and mimic the three different yoga poses performed by their digital Wii Fit instructor. They stand in each pose twice -- once with their eyes open and again with their eyes closed. The final component is a test during which athletes shift their weight on the platform as they attempt to get a varying number of virtual marbles to fall through a table of holes on the screen.

MCV has confirmed that voice commands and video chat won't be there at launch. epic fail...

Speaking at Gamescom, marketing manager for Xbox Live EMEA Robin Burrowes stated that “we will be announcing when voice control will be turned on in due course”.
UPDATE 1: MCV can also confirm that chat software Video Kinect will also not feature as part of the accessory's launch. Like voice control, that will also arrive at a later date.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/40584/No-voice-control-for-Kinect-launch

Something major must be up.

Tommy McClain

epic fail

That about sums it up.

Something major must be up.

As that's from a EU mouthpiece, it could just mean the EU market and getting all of the commands localised. Maybe it'll still launch in the US?

That would be a real kick in the bollocks though for EU'ers, paying more again for getting less.

Back