The Last Guardian (Trico, Ico 3, Shadow of the Colossus sequel, etc.) [PS4]

Just got up to the Nest level, wow Ueda san you son of a b***:), kept this detail all these time
fully winged FLYING Trico was Boss!
, that cutscene was spectacular and wondering if it's real time or not despite using obvious in game assets.
I wish Trico would eventually
get its wings back and play some of the flying levels
, would be so cool to do that especially after all these climbing, leaping and claustrophobia.

My gut feeling says this will be one of the titles in the 12 deals of xmas sale and am holding on to my wallet till then but its getting more and more dificult to wait with each day. I wasn't expecting this to get praises at all and here we are with everyone going gaga ! C'mon sony make it the next deal and let me have it !

Just got up to the Nest level, wow Ueda san you son of a b***:), kept this detail all these time
fully winged FLYING Trico was Boss!
, that cutscene was spectacular and wondering if it's real time or not despite using obvious in game assets.
I wish Trico would eventually
get its wings back and play some of the flying levels
, would be so cool to do that especially after all these climbing, leaping and claustrophobia.
Are you playing on Pro or regular PS4? I play on Pro and that cutscene framerate was very smooth which makes me think prerendered, aslo I think the lighting was a bit better than in regular game. With vanilla PS4 the cutscene I think should run visibly worse with sub 30 fps framerate if it was realtime.

Are you playing on Pro or regular PS4? I play on Pro and that cutscene framerate was very smooth which makes me think prerendered, aslo I think the lighting was a bit better than in regular game. With vanilla PS4 the cutscene I think should run visibly worse with sub 30 fps framerate if it was realtime.
Was on Pro, at first I did think it's pre rendered too but then saw some of the later sequences and starting to doubt again lol. Lighting at times could really be impeccable especially with Trico as a central subject, if only this game could have the geometry complexity and high res textures of Uncharted 4, this would well be the most visually impressive game I've ever seen.

Just love the look of this game, simplistic while very detailed at the same time. Also the bond between the beast and the boy was mesmerizing and hauntingly good which was also greatly helped by the life like animation. Although the boy's contextual movements could be a little less and less dramatic for control sake.
thelastguardian_201619tsgc.png

https://abload.de/img/thelastguardian_201611isfx.png
https://abload.de/img/thelastguardian_201616ss18.png
Love this the most

Ah man, I have the CE for Christmas...it's just sitting there, but I must resist! In fact, I'm plugging my PS3 into my 3D TV so I can replay Ico & SotC over the next couple of weeks...hopefully that will help the wait!

Finished it over the weekend. What a wonderful, magical experience. My biggest fear was that the team might have hastilly thrown together whichever few working bits they'd managed to complete throughout all these years just to finally get the thing on store shelves. Glad it turned out to be nothing like that at all in the end. Turned out to be an incredibly well paced and surprisingly lengthy experience instead. I also never really had any problems with the creature. He was just reluctant enough to come across as a living, breathing thing, but never so much as to become a frustrating hindrance. Maybe people just needed to pet him more. And why wouldn't you constantly wanna pet and cuddle him in the first place? What kind of a monster are you? Exceptionally gorgeous game too. Trico is a marvellous creation. I was particularly impressed with the pitch-perfect collision detection. No matter how small the tunnels through which the big cat had to sqeeze itself became, there was never as much as the slightest hint of clipping on display. Scepticism entirely unfounded thank god.

God damnit did I tear up at the end

Last edited:
Damn all of you and ur great experiences, I gave in and bought it from PSN :p couldn't wait anymore ! Hopefully if all goes well,I shall be playing tomorrow !
Sorry, FF XV , u will have to bloody wait, i have a relationship commitment to live through!

Last edited:
Finally got some time this weekend to finish it. Holy shit the whole ending was great. The entire third act was insane right up to the epilogue. It's rewarding to pay attention and be patient, it really delivers in the end, this is a masterpiece.

I progressed steadily but many puzzles were difficult to figure out. I struggled a lot with a handful of them...
1. First metal door, there was a tiny hole to get through on the side of the building. I just ran around aimlessly.

2. When you have to dive with Trico.
He just kept diving by himself! As soon as I dive, he immediately dives too but I can't grab him he's too far. But if I climb on instead, he's just waiting for me. I finally solved this by diving at the perfect place and grabbed him as he passes me. Not sure if there was another way.

3. When you fall through the floor and there's a floating box you can move.
This was probably the most cryptic puzzle. Trico tries to reach you breaking planks, so the trick was to get on the box at different places until he breaks the planks that allows the tail to go through. I don't know if I missed a clue to tell me where, I just tried anything anywhere.

4. At the ice tower, there's an elevator with some holes on the floor, I was stuck around there for an hour until I thought about using his tail through the floor.

i'm a few hours in and loving it just like ICO and shadow of the colossus.
A few frustrating moments but they don't last long.
the beast feels so alive, i'm sure it's totally useless but i pet her after every action to thank her.

Here's a thing that I read on GAF after I finished the game. :D

When pressing [or holding] L3, the boy will meditate and that will cause audio help cue to appear faster! I think that game never told me that.

New trailer, that music is awesome...

WARNING: Do not read the youtube comments, it's filled with major spoilers. Some griefers started doing this everywhere. In fact, stay away from the internet if you intend to play it, or haven't finished it. :yep2:

Does it end up with Fumito Ueda waking up in bed?

Back